It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan tells Turks to shun credit cards, rounds on banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Interesting move by Erdogan . He attacks private banks and especially interest rates lobby

Speaking late on Tuesday during an Iftar dinner, the evening meal with which Muslims break their daily fast during Ramadan, Erdogan said banks were growing rich on high commissions and urged people to live within their means.

"Don't get these credit cards," he said at the dinner with families of war veterans and fallen soldiers. "Who is paying this money, it is not the rich but the poor. They die to get a credit card. They show off with it. Before the month's end the money finishes ...
We have to thwart this game together." Erdogan and members of his government have accused speculators and a "high-interest-rate lobby" of stoking volatility in financial markets to make a quick profit at the expense of the Turkish economy.

Erdogan, who repeatedly said last year he wanted real interest rates of zero percent, vowed last month to "choke" speculators growing rich off "the sweat of the people", urging Turks to put their money in state not private banks."I didn't say "interest rate lobby" recently for nothing. I say these things because I know something," Erdogan said.

news.yahoo.com...

First time i see Prime Minister of wealthy and regional power country to attack private bankers oppenly. Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Erdogan is a tool; for example

in 2009 Erdogan sent a flotilla to Gaza which was intercepted by Israel in International waters, Erdogan quickly condemned Israel and demanded an apology. This was hailed by the islamic world and Erdogans popularity surged across the middle east, yet all trade between Turkey and israel was still ongoing, they were still cooperating on defense deals and other projects, so in that sense it was a mere show to gain public support. That stunt justified Turkeys role in Syria, had Turkey been on good term with Israel and supported the coup against Assad, the Muslim would see him as a zionist puppet. Few months ago Isreal apologized and now they are 'publicly' friends again.

This is another stunt, to win over a vast majority of anti-capitalist groups that have protested this year, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes back on his word once he gets what he wants.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
hope people listen to him and cut up all their credit cards .. time people stopped being slaves to the banks ...

his country becomes target of an insurgency / invasion in 10 .. 9 .. 8 ...

join