It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$100,000 Michael Hastings National Security Reporting Fellowship - A Reward To Uncover Foul Play?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SubSea

Only they never ever ask for anyone to do anything of the kind...they are trying to spark a journalistic revolution by making this offering. They want more people like Hastings, and I agree with them that this is a good way to do it. I could just as easily say someone who reads more into it than that is obtuse.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Am I the only one who has considered the possibility that Hastings faked his own death because he knew it was his only way out?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Definitely a scenario that is also on my mind and I have seen it mentionened here and there. Also the darker possibility some agency faked his death to question him.

Intriguingly his friend SSG Biggs yesterday tweeted this:

link

To me it looks like Biggs suggests that he himself may have to vanish for his own safety but hey its worth keeping in mind. Besides I started using the term "disappeared" for Hastings exactly because it allows for a whole range of interpretations. Schroedinger's Hastings if you like...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SubSea

I think anyone who does not view it as a reward for pursuing the Hasting mystery is either delusional or has an interest in the Hastings question disappearing like he did.. in a puff of smoke.

Meanwhile raifordko got banned for comments he made on an unrelated thread. Oh the irony - he has such abysmal timing.

Aside from the Hasting mystery as you call it there seems to be a combined effort by Buzzfeed, Greenwald etc. to signal:

This is not going to go away this time. Greenwald just announced a book based on Snowdens' NSA leaks to appear in March 2014

Journalist Glenn Greenwald will include new insights into NSA surveillance programme in unnamed book due in US in March

One goal (among others) that they are aiming at IMO is the 2015 renewal of the patriot act:

Republican Congressmember James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin, author of the PATRIOT Act, called on the Obama administration to rein in the scope of its surveillance on Americans’ phone records, saying it would otherwise lack enough votes in the House to renew the provision, which is set to expire in 2015. Sensenbrenner said, quote, "You’re going to lose it entirely."

Glenn Greenwald: Growing Backlash Against NSA Spying Shows Why U.S. Wants to Silence Edward Snowden

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex
reply to post by GeneralChaos

...Definitely a scenario that is also on my mind and I have seen it mentionened here and there. Also the darker possibility some agency faked his death to question him.
...Intriguingly his friend SSG Biggs yesterday tweeted this:
...link
...To me it looks like Biggs suggests that he himself may have to vanish for his own safety but hey its worth keeping in mind. Besides I started using the term "disappeared" for Hastings exactly because it allows for a whole range of interpretations. Schroedinger's Hastings if you like...

I have considered this as a possibility, as well.
The possibility that immediately came to mind...is not very pleasant, as it might put a very dark spot on Michael Hastings' -- but it is the general plot/storyline behind the first "Fletch" movie...
I know there are other scenarios - where one goes to the morgue, finds a "John Doe" of similar physical height, build and weight...pay-off one of the attendants (in the middle of the night)...and stage the accident (on top of a LOT more staging).
But - in these cases - we must assume that the "fiery explosion" would have happened anywhere along the route, and not just "at the palm tree". ...which might be a lot more difficult to pass-off as "an odd but explainable result" without the excessive speed that has been reported, at the end of the ride.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I am updating my Hastings NSA Snowden timeline with data from this article

Selective silencing: Was Michael Hastings murdered?

and Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings National Security Reporting Fellowship.

A CONDENSED Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events (v.3.4) - scroll down for v. 3.5 with pics & links

May 20 - Hastings states on TV: "...government, 'we declare war on you...'

May 20 - Snowden arrives in Hong Kong with 4 laptops giving him access to top-classified US secrets

Jun 3-7 A Hastings associate was contacted sometime between June 3rd - 7th by at least 2 agents reportedly representing the FBI for information regarding Hastings' investigation of NSA related topics

Jun 5 - Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Jun 7 - Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 8 - "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 9 - Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 12 - Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 17 - Snowden: "Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."

Jun 17 - Hastings mails a friend: "I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit"

Jun 18 - Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 18 - Michael Hastings disappears in car accident

Jul 17 - Michael Hastings National Security Reporting Fellowship announced by Buzzfeed. A $100,000 Reward To Uncover Foul Play?

A Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events v. 3.5

May 20 - Hastings states on TV: "...government, 'we declare war on you'..."

May 20 - Snowden arrives in Hong Kong with 4 laptops giving him access to top-classified US secrets

Jun 3-7 A Hastings associate was contacted sometime between June 3rd - 7th by at least 2 agents reportedly representing the FBI for information regarding Hastings' investigation of NSA related topics

Jun 5 - Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Jun 7 - Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 8 - "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 9 - Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 12 - Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 17 - Snowden: "Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."

Jun 17 - Hastings mails a friend: "I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit"

Jun 18 - Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 18 - Michael Hastings dies disappears in car accident

Jul 17 - Michael Hastings National Security Reporting Fellowship announced by Buzzfeed. A $100,000 Reward To Uncover Foul Play?

"Steal" my timeline - get others to investigate a possible Hastings NSA Snowden connection!
edit on 23-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I worries me how this whole situation bares close resemblance to the borne series of films. I mean no joke or quip, just that the way this was uncovered really reminds me of it.

I love the idea and drive behind this Michael Hastings Fellowship, i wish it great success for the good of all Americans and their image across the globe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join