It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can only end in VIOLENT Revolution, regardless you being goody two shoe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Oh don't get me wrong, and I do agree with you on your last point. I also 'sense' acceleration in events and a definite end point to the current trends. Perhaps very painful transition would be more accurate than end point. The problem is, it's nothing but a vague but very real sense. It's something I think I've been reading people talk about feeling at least back into 2011 and more as time has gone on.

In the interest of a true conversation on this let me ask you this? What do you see revolution in America actually looking like in a "This is how the nation looks today" sense, taken sometime in the middle of it? Do you see clear and well defined sides, borders of conflict, safe areas or lack of them?

The sense I've had is a general ' The center cannot hold ' feeling that it's coming down and coming down hard by it's own sheer weight and mismanagement. By 'it' I mean Government as it's running today and going from Washington to London to Manila, with many in-between, in fast sequence, when it starts for real.

Unrest ....uncertainty.. and a very challenging time to be had by all is the best I can get clear in that sense of future climax to the storm we're seeing. I just don't get any sense or see the path to achieve unified or combined force for command as it would need to be in a revolt?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Yes, and here is an example of inflation:

A pound of ground turkey cost was .79 in 2004, it rose from .79 to .99 between 2004 and 2008.

The price of a gallon of gas spiked to around $4.00 late in 2008, and the retailers used that as an excuse to push the price further up to about $1.89 by 2011, while the price of gas fluctuated wildly during the same period.

One month ago I found the same brand of ground turkey for .99 a pound, 2 weeks later the one pound of the same turkey was reduced to 12 ounces for the same price, a week after that the price rose to $1.50.

Weird thing is that I bought the same ground turkey at the same store yesterday at .99 for 12 ounces.

Anyway, the inflation isn't hidden if you actually watch what you are buying, portions are being reduced in almost every category, the quality of hard goods, food and textiles is declining every day.

You pay the same for less and don't realize you are actually being ripped off, bout the only thing that is a good deal anymore is potatoes, I'm sure they will be spiking soon as well.

And in the days of old all you had to do was get off your ass and go get what you needed, other than that it was free.

Free, what a novel concept.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by frazzle

Oh don't get me wrong, and I do agree with you on your last point. I also 'sense' acceleration in events and a definite end point to the current trends. Perhaps very painful transition would be more accurate than end point. The problem is, it's nothing but a vague but very real sense. It's something I think I've been reading people talk about feeling at least back into 2011 and more as time has gone on.

In the interest of a true conversation on this let me ask you this? What do you see revolution in America actually looking like in a "This is how the nation looks today" sense, taken sometime in the middle of it? Do you see clear and well defined sides, borders of conflict, safe areas or lack of them?

The sense I've had is a general ' The center cannot hold ' feeling that it's coming down and coming down hard by it's own sheer weight and mismanagement. By 'it' I mean Government as it's running today and going from Washington to London to Manila, with many in-between, in fast sequence, when it starts for real.

Unrest ....uncertainty.. and a very challenging time to be had by all is the best I can get clear in that sense of future climax to the storm we're seeing. I just don't get any sense or see the path to achieve unified or combined force for command as it would need to be in a revolt?

What do I see? Nothing that can be nailed down, there are so many possibilities, so many ways it can go but you're right on target that the center cannot hold. Its amazing to me that you and I have come to an agreement on Anything, but on this we do. When the center begins to shake violently we'll know the answer to your question and so will I. But the holders of the center will not go quietly into the good night.

So where we will probably disagree is that I think we will ultimately be sucked into a civil war, rather than revolution, by agents provocateur and/or false flag attacks. Its obvious that the people themselves aren't in the mood for a fight of that proportions (and it would be epic even by Syrian standards) or it would have happened long since. But the same can't be said for the war mongers who profit from spilled blood and they don't care whose blood gets spilled or by whom.

jmo

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

So where we will probably disagree is that I think we will ultimately be sucked into a civil war, rather than revolution, by agents provocateur and/or false flag attacks.

Oh please....
This is the same crap that's been peddled for decades.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
reply to post by frazzle

Yes, and here is an example of inflation:

A pound of ground turkey cost was .79 in 2004, it rose from .79 to .99 between 2004 and 2008.

The price of a gallon of gas spiked to around $4.00 late in 2008, and the retailers used that as an excuse to push the price further up to about $1.89 by 2011, while the price of gas fluctuated wildly during the same period.

One month ago I found the same brand of ground turkey for .99 a pound, 2 weeks later the one pound of the same turkey was reduced to 12 ounces for the same price, a week after that the price rose to $1.50.

Weird thing is that I bought the same ground turkey at the same store yesterday at .99 for 12 ounces.

Anyway, the inflation isn't hidden if you actually watch what you are buying, portions are being reduced in almost every category, the quality of hard goods, food and textiles is declining every day.

You pay the same for less and don't realize you are actually being ripped off, bout the only thing that is a good deal anymore is potatoes, I'm sure they will be spiking soon as well.

And in the days of old all you had to do was get off your ass and go get what you needed, other than that it was free.

Free, what a novel concept.

The following is probably not the best method of gauging costs vs values but it seems to me that there are a few specific things driving the economy.

The first would be that the value of a dollar was stable up until the Federal Reserve Act was passed in 1913. Since then the dollar has lost about 98% of its buying power.

Second would be a mish mash of global markets and WTO dictates on trade, currency wars and futures trading, none of which are easily understood, even economists argue over how those factors affect the cost of a dozen eggs and mostly they don't care.

Recently someone posted a catalog from the depression days on a forum that shall remain unnamed. The link below is not to that particular thread but just for fun, here's a different one.

www.bramblewoodfashion.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not gonna address the OP in deep detail because I thought it was crude and haphazard... but this vid was too good not to share...

We are who we are.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Mel Gibson was right: We traded 1 tyrant 3000 miles away, for 3000 tyrants 1 mile away…

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What a strange title. ...and strange rant too.

I do not believe it for a second. I do not believe it will happen.
Too many people are complacent. Bloated on bread and circuses, fearful of losing what they have, and some simply don't feel okay about putting their young children into a grizzly death zone.

I don't think that is being a "goody two shoes" (I didn't think anyone said that anymore either).

But even if the people tried to,
I don't think it would work.
`Because they've built up their military and government to a force that would rule the world and intimidate all peoples over the globe....they can't beat that. Go ahead and keep your firearms... they are not worth much against the weapons you have paid for in your military!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Go ahead and keep your firearms... they are not worth much against the weapons you have paid for in your military!

That's just not true.
Look back at WW2. Cities were destroyed but the people resisted.
It takes boots on the ground.
Those boots are very sensitive to bullets. If you sting them enough they will go away.
Ask the Russians about Afganistan. Heck look at us in Afgan. We're leaving too.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I am by no means in favor of the brand of rebellion endorsed by anarchists and hoodwinks but I do see that we have a challenge before us. Our nation has been horrible misdirected and is no longer what she was intended to be.

I think this can be accomplished by way of the ballot box IF the nation sets aside political divisions and speaks in a single voice.

As for our guns being useless? I never want to see such a day but... when one weighs 87 million gun owning Americans against any army on the planet from any nation? Well, nuff said.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JilianK

I believe in live and let live. And yes, there is a narrow line between the two. When something steps over that line and prevents me from living in peace, it's time to do something. And in my opinion, that line for many of us has been stepped over a very long time ago.

It's not a question regarding our desire to remain a "goody two shoe", it's a matter of "who's first" and "will we follow"? No one wants to be a martyr, not anyone with half a wit at least.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JilianK

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
But I do have a question- you say it can only end in violent revolution. What exactly are you talking about ending?

And also, be realistic- it's not all run by murdering psychopaths. There actually are powerful people out there who are good and working to build a better world. Lots of them. Otherwise, how would you explain all of the great stuff about America? All of the happy and prosperous people?

Ending means ending of current Banking-Military-Industrial-Political-Complex

Ending means no more Pentagon, replaced by genuine patriot army to defend the nation.

No more Private Central Bank, replaced by NATIONAL no debt attached central bank.

White House and Congress replaced by people like Ron Paul and his son Rand Paul

Alex Jones as the secretary of State.........(ok maybe not, that's scary too)

edit on 18-7-2013 by JilianK because: (no reason given)

It does not take a revolution to achieve that, merely the total collapse of the global economy.

Indeed it will be bloody and there will be fighting, but a revolution it will not be as there will be no government structure to revolt against.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

merely the total collapse of the global economy

Another fallacy.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think a majority of pro revolutionists tend to be people living on the breadline. Just because you didn't do well at school and as such now have a mediocre existence,.don't try and drag those of us who are content with our lives into your bitter little world

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I get it that you are a good guy, good gal.

That you don't wanna hurt anyone, that ever since you grew up at age of 25-35 you believe in Live and Let Live.

Unfortunately, you will not get your wish.

You will in fact get A VIOLENT BLOODY REVOLUTION, with perhaps million casualties.

Here is Why

The reason you believe every thing will somehow finish OK is because you believe government will be able to stop itself, you believe government will at some point decide, "we can't push people past this red line" we have to make ourselves happy with how far we went. We can't go further.

WRONG

Government will not be able to stop itself, the psychotic murderers that run US government are not capable of self control, if you think of yourself as a GOD, you think you have no limits. Why would you stop yourself. You wouldn't.

Government will push its power to such an extent, that even a goody two shoe like average person, will have no choice but to pick up a weapon and fight. Sure maybe that's 5 years down the read, OR maybe 50 years down the road. But it will happen as sure as the sun will set.

This has happened so many times to so many nations.

To believe that United States is exempt from everything that makes a human being (good and bad) is an illusion.

If you won't have to fight

Your children will.

Boys and Girls, will be future combatants and free blood donors onto the streets and fields.

Well thank god it's only my children. If I'm lucky my grand children will carry the torch. If I have won the lottery only my great grand children will feel the pain. Anything beyond that? Well I don't even know those muther fu***rs so who gives a s**t anyways!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
I think a majority of pro revolutionists tend to be people living on the breadline. Just because you didn't do well at school and as such now have a mediocre existence,.don't try and drag those of us who are content with our lives into your bitter little world

The desperate ones always make the revolution.

No deviation from that rule

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Yeah those who do psy-ops on internet sites on behalf of government seem to be paid more. LOL

Don't you see

this is how it begins, and it can't be stopped.

10 years ago, or even 8 years ago, no one took seriously the fact that government would employ online shills.

Today more than 50% consider it a fact. If you don't think so, well that's your problem, not mine.

More accurately, WILL be your problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Yeah those who do psy-ops on internet sites on behalf of government seem to be paid more. LOL

Don't you see

this is how it begins, and it can't be stopped.

10 years ago, or even 8 years ago, no one took seriously the fact that government would employ online shills.

Today more than 50% consider it a fact. If you don't think so, well that's your problem, not mine.

More accurately, WILL be your problem.

...says the online shill paid by the tea party to stir up trouble.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

do a little homework on a person in the future

I reside presently in Canada, they couldn't care less about tea parties in Canada believe me

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

do a little homework on a person in the future

I reside presently in Canada, they couldn't care less about tea parties in Canada believe me

Hey, I'm sure the tea party isn't picky about where they get their shills.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join