It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can only end in VIOLENT Revolution, regardless you being goody two shoe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JilianK

Originally posted by Druscilla
In my opinion, people that talk this revolution nonsense aren't real big on world political strategy.

1. Who's one of the largest superpowers on the planet?
2. What happens to the rest of the planet if that superpower dissolves into internal revolution?

Your little revolution could very well equal a joint China/Russian (or insert conglomerate confederation of nations claiming "concern") "peace-keeping" mission (invasion) just to make sure that "fair and balanced" elections and restoration of order occurs.
yup.

United States is a NUCLEAR power.

US has something like 1700 nukes ready at a push of a button, and you only need 100 of them to destroy the world.

No one dares attack Nuclear power, if that was the case US would have attacked China and Russia long ago.

And don't forget the 4,032 MIRV'ed warheads on our 14 Ohio-Class SSBN submarines. These 14 "Boomers" also can carry 1,860 TLAMS with conventional or nuclear warheads. They lurk in the worlds oceans, undetected.

This is our true "ace" in the hole.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Why is it that so many see Revolution as an answer to anything?
I can't see anything good at the end of a revolution in modern American. Nothing good at all. I see death by the stadium full and I see a collapse of the best structure for a system man's had in recent history (however it's been warped over time) ..but I don't see something better on the other end. Just fracturing and chaos.

Well my argument is that people like you will change your mind.

When people like me, who are on present day lists.

Start disappearing in the future.

And my husband starts saying stuff, and then he disappears too.

It will take about 30 000 dead dissidents.

And the rest of you will wake up.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
Well that is nonsense as they were murdered by Middle eastern religious fanatics.

Their deaths however were not nonsense, but are indicative or a religious "revolution"

Irony.

Did you just make a claim that 3000 dead Americans on 9/11 were murdered by Terrorists.

LOL

I suppose terrorists also managed to "murder" building 7.

I think you should go back to FOX or CNN message boards.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I get people have some fantasy about how things in the US were in the past. They have this silly idea they are less free now then before. I suppose this because history is not taught anymore. As early as 1798 with the Alien and Sedition act you could be arrested for just talking bad about the Gov. not to mention the only people who had any rights at our founding were white land owning males. In our past you could be kept out of town with a gun, you could be denied buying gun based on race, you coudl be denied the right to vote based on race, sex and wealth. You could be locked up several times in our history for just speaking ill of the Government, you could put in a camp just for being from a country we were at war with, you could be black balled and arrested for being a member of certain political parties, These are all things that would be unacceptable today. So if you want to have a revolution because be you are poorly educated have at it. Any other reason you will just end up looking stupid.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Why is it that so many see Revolution as an answer to anything?
I can't see anything good at the end of a revolution in modern American. Nothing good at all. I see death by the stadium full and I see a collapse of the best structure for a system man's had in recent history (however it's been warped over time) ..but I don't see something better on the other end. Just fracturing and chaos.

Well my argument is that people like you will change your mind.

When people like me, who are on present day lists.

Start disappearing in the future.

And my husband starts saying stuff, and then he disappears too.

It will take about 30 000 dead dissidents.

And the rest of you will wake up.

Well, you talk as if you're the only one who is likely on someone's list somewhere or alone in knowing ..IF the day actually comes ...a knock is likely to be at our own doors for some helpful "re-education". A good many of us that come to ATS know exactly what the stakes are here and see, very clearly, what is building and forming around us.

I simply disagree, as strongly as possible with that approach. Our history of cost, loss and sacrifice to try and keep this "Noble Experiment" working wasn't made so people could throw it all down the crapper of bloody revolt in the street, IMO.

It took decades to warp the system to this degree. It will take time to restore it, if the collective will still exists to do it. Not nearly as long, as the effort to get here was slow and sneaky ...unlike the effort needed to undo it. However, within the system ...however boring that is to a 'Revolutionary', is the only way this holds and works. Otherwise? We'll likely end up 3 nations in the end, as some foreign intelligence services have actually projected in analysis and probably hope to see as an outcome here, to be blunt.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Well that is nonsense as they were murdered by Middle eastern religious fanatics.

Their deaths however were not nonsense, but are indicative or a religious "revolution"

Irony.

Did you just make a claim that 3000 dead Americans on 9/11 were murdered by Terrorists.

LOL

I suppose terrorists also managed to "murder" building 7.

I think you should go back to FOX or CNN message boards.

I am not about to get into a battle of wits with someone who is un-armed.

Nor am I going to be dragged into another 9-11 fiasco.

Let your beliefs run you ragged and eat you from the inside out.

Its your perogative

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
But I do have a question- you say it can only end in violent revolution. What exactly are you talking about ending?

And also, be realistic- it's not all run by murdering psychopaths. There actually are powerful people out there who are good and working to build a better world. Lots of them. Otherwise, how would you explain all of the great stuff about America? All of the happy and prosperous people?

Ending means ending of current Banking-Military-Industrial-Political-Complex

Ending means no more Pentagon, replaced by genuine patriot army to defend the nation.

No more Private Central Bank, replaced by NATIONAL no debt attached central bank.

White House and Congress replaced by people like Ron Paul and his son Rand Paul

Alex Jones as the secretary of State.........(ok maybe not, that's scary too)

I follow you thru Ron Paul and could not agree more.

But I don't have a clue what Rand Paul stands for. He stood up to be counted with Monsanto, arguably the most evil corporation in the world. These monsters are poisoning our food supplies. Nothing Rand Paul could do going forward from that point will ever erase that evil stain.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So many things to take in to account when it comes to a revolution violent or not have to account for numbers first, not everyone would join up with a revolution right off the bat. That leaves the revolution short on man power, even with the large citizen base we have in the U.S.

I don’t think a revolution would have to worry too much about U.S. military conflict or even S.O.F. Media would be the first tool used to put the end to a revolution. A couple good PR smears on the revolutions would slow it down and the government might even gain a little more power in the trade off.

But if somehow a revolution did gain number and was starting to win and the government was on the ropes I’m betting you’d suddenly see another county invade the U.S. Then you’d have the government offering an olive branch of peace to the revolution to work together in fighting the “new threat”. After that is dealt with, hey look we’re back at square one or worse.

A revolution would need a good plan, right now it seems like we only have goals.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hey, JilianK

I think things will not go as you say. In fact I think your speculation on what's to be is..

edit on 18-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
See the people don't think that even a violent revolution would be successful, but It could be, and it would not have to be very big, It would take a sacrifice from many, but a small group could force change! I feel it is also a reason why they want to disarm the population because a small militia could just target all of the leadership! If done at the right time with the right people it would cause mass panic! on their part. with the top 544 out of the picture in an extremely short time period Who would be left to make the decisions. Look at how scared they were when that TX DA, then Sheriff and his wife were made targets. I don't advocate it, but I do feel it is part of the reason they are so set on getting our 2nd amendment rights.

The part that I have a problem with is that, because I participate in a conversation like this, does it make me a target? I don't even know anymore what is free speech and what is not!! that is what scares me!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I love that the American "Pro revolutionists" are sat in their comfy homes, on their computers, typing whatever they like without fear of reprisal, With clean drinking water and food, and in most cases a loving family/loved one.
They can walk outside and take a stroll through the woods or park, taking in nature, and enjoy the freedom of life.

They may have a car, a nice tv, a little pet they affectionately named.

Yet they have the nerve to hit the caps lock and

DEMAND CHANGE!!!!!

It astounds me.

Go and live in Africa for a bit, and see just how good you've got it.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JilianK

Government will not be able to stop itself, the psychotic murderers that run US government are not capable of self control, if you think of yourself as a GOD, you think you have no limits. Why would you stop yourself. You wouldn't.

The government is but a handful of people, their fist is the military, and that's made up of people just like you.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I love that the American "Pro revolutionists" are sat in their comfy homes, on their computers, typing whatever they like without fear of reprisal, With clean drinking water and food, and in most cases a loving family/loved one.
They can walk outside and take a stroll through the woods or park, taking in nature, and enjoy the freedom of life.

They may have a car, a nice tv, a little pet they affectionately named.
Yet they have the nerve to hit the caps lock and
DEMAND CHANGE!!!!!
It astounds me.

Defend your money masters all you can, just remember to duck when the time comes and not go down with them.

What I speak of is inevitable, one day somewhere in exile, the current US government and Bankers will say.

"if we only set a goal, achieved it, and stopped, if we only didn't push the envelope"

Ultimately, they too are victims of human nature, greed, Ego, Godhood illusions. People are what people are.

Throughout history same thing, over and over.
edit on 18-7-2013 by JilianK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I notice you removed the last part of my post to help with your agenda.

Tell you what, when the revolution happens, I'll buy you a coke and you can say "told you so".

Until then, stop being such a doom merchant and appreciate what you have.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Revolution eh?

What began with the shot heard round the world ended with a whimper of hope and change Americans are former shells what how we began.

Freedom,Democracy are empty worlds tossed around like the latest iphone all the cool kids have it, but that fact is in a constitutional republic, and anyone who has understood the bill of right knows that revolution is not acceptable by any means.

Where the individual rights are protected people who scream revolution are screaming for mob rule., mob might makes right, and it doesn't and never has.

I will take issue with anyone who says get rid of the beast only to become one.

Straight up I am not nor will I ever use violence to get what I want been paying attention to our own government?

Doesn't make you better makes you just the same.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
These threads always crack me up, and my response is always the same – Man up and start shooting, or shut up.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
If violent revolution erupts in America, America will soon fall to OUTSIDE foreign powers.
America will cease to exist.
The Constitution will fade to the dust of History.

It's a good thing you weren't around back in the day when they were seceding from the biggest world power of the time, your pessimism is strong.

Your speaking in certainties where there are none yet?

The whole idea of the revolution is to restore the Constitution not replace it?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm afraid the OP exaggerates their importance to the world.

Like a gator thrashing in the swamp.
People in the city don't hear it and don't care.

And if you are affraid of the government imposing strickter and strickter laws, take a look at Moscow.
The leaders passed laws to charge for parking cars within the city limits. The people ignored the law. They could not tow enough cars to make people care. The law was recinded.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I am not overly frightened by the government...they do at times overreach, but luckily we have a scotus that usually reigns them in. they aren't deities (the scotus), but they do seem to overall sort things out.

I am far more concerned about the prospect of a peoples democracy. the people are insane (want proof, look a the crazy politicians they put forward as their reps...if that's the best they can do...).

If there was a violent revolution in my country, and it was based on a peoples democracy verses our representative constitutional republic and I was forced to take sides, I would defend my country from the mob proudly.
That's not me being a good sheep, that is a educated and considered position based on logic. democracy is the worst form of government..mob rule is not my cup of tea.

See salem witch trials / pilgrims.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
35.7 % of ALL Americans are overweight, or obese.

Violent revolution? Using what?

Segways and Scooters?

Americans will be piling into FEMA trains and into FEMA camps, long before most of them pick up a gun to defend their neighbor.

Not that I believe that stuff, but you see where I'm getting at. There is no actual need for violent revolution, nor do I think the West is capable of such a thing.

We like our stuff way too much.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join