It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA is back on the radar. Betcha didn't hear about this while Zimmerman's trial ruled the media

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The Second Circuit court has overturned a temporary injunction which had blocked the indefinite detention provision of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) – meaning Americans can now once again be kidnapped and held without trial.

In September 2012, United States District Court Judge Katherine B. Forrest ruled that the indefinite detention provision of the NDAA was unconstitutional and blocked it permanently. However, within 24 hours of the ruling the Obama administration lodged an appeal and the law has been under temporary injunction until now.

Americans can once again “legally” be snatched off the street and detained without trial based on the mere claim that they provided aid or support to terrorists, despite this being a total violation of habeas corpus.

The Tenth Amendment Center has a detailed breakdown of the ruling;

“In layman’s terms, Forrest put a stop to indefinite detention, and the Second Circuit overturned that. It also permanently prohibited Forrest from attempting to do so again, ordering her to proceed with the case consistent with their opinion. NDAA “indefinite detention” powers are alive and well.”

The group points out that the new Second Circuit ruling is completely incorrect because it claims that Section 1021 of the 2012 NDAA says nothing about the government’s ability to detain citizens.

In reality, section 1021 states, “Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force . . . includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons . . . pending disposition under the law of war.”

The ruling stems out of Hedges v. Obama, a lawsuit filed in January 2012. Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges and several other high profile figures brought the case in order to protest against the potential that the law could be used to harass outspoken journalists and political activists.

“Sadly, the “victory” lasted about 10 months. Today, US totalitarianism wins again,” laments Zero Hedge.

Article here

Didn't I say the whole Zimmerman thing was another distract & divide tactic?

God knows what else is passing the house while this ignorant race war continues to grow.

It's the blind leading the drunk.

edit on 17-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sure to be signed on a holiday. On top of that, the 2014 NDAA:

If indefinite detention became the primary reason for opposing NDAA 2013, then the enhanced provision authorizing unlimited indefinite surveillance may fuel the most outrage against NDAA 2014.

To further indefinite spying and detention.

On May 22, 2013 the Subcommittee on Intelligence, Emerging Threats and Capabilities, one of several Armed Services Committees, met to discuss the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2014.

Continued...

Sec. 1061(a) authorizes the Secretary of Defense to "establish a center to be known as the 'Conflict Records Research Center'" (Center). The main purpose of the center, according to the bill text, is to create a "digital research database," one with the capability to "translate" and facilitate research on "records captured from countries, organizations and individuals, now or once hostile to the United States."

and this too...

If passed in its current state, NDAA 2014 would authorize approximately $552 billion in total defense spending, with $86 billion going directly to war spending. This amount exceeds what is allowed under the automatic austerity measures that went into effect as of March 1, 2013.

One of many cources

edit on 18-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: added more

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Good catch again, Angelus: and maybe the power drunk leading the politically
blind is just as bad. I always was the most concerned over the definition of a
terrorist defined by the guys perpetrating the most terrorism. That sounds too
Twilight Zone even for fifty years ago; it never would have made it to the show.
May our electronic chains rest lightly upon our sometimes ignorant keyboards,
present company excluded.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is the transparency that Obama talked about... he never mentioned the one way mirrors though...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Right on, guys.

Don't have much to say, cause I agree with the replies...

To the first reply;

Also, I forgot to mention...

Called it. Again.

For the sake of arrogance points

.... anywho, I'm really considering having ATS as my ONLY social network on the web. The only problem is, I don't really have a way to contact people easily without facebook. But I guess I'll have to get used to buying minutes for my phone, because I don't want my "face" in any online data-storage "book."

Anyone ever catch the irony in facebook?

Facial recognition technology? Putting everyone's faces in an information storing data-book?

No....?

Well, no more messaging or texting important stuff for me.

From now on, me and my homies will communicate the old fashioned way, face to face.

If they don't like it, they can walk.

edit on 18-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

He's the president of smoke and mirrors. Nothing he does is real. It's all illusion .

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Good catch. It's been near futile to read any news source recently as it seems that it's been non stop Zimmerman. That's all I've seen or heard from my limited searching, at least. I'm no Mensa candidate but I had also been wondering what else has been going on in the last few weeks. Looks like TPTB will stop at nothing to either kill us all, enslave us all(not so far from where we are at the moment) or imprison us all which is really just another form of enslavement.

Another day at the office, another nail in freedom's coffin.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Yeah, another day at the office consists of Zimmerman is evil! Poor Martin!

Who even CARES if the guy did it or not.

This was an OBVIOUS public distraction from the get-go, and it astounds me how few people realized it... even here on ATS. In fact, I made a thread about it a few days ago, here. Then earlier tonight, find this article about the NDAA... HA! Called it.

I'm deleting all my personal profiles, excluding my ATS and youtube account, neither of which holds any personal info. I've had enough of this spying stuff... and being afraid of messaging my friends on facebook, because God knows who else is reading it...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Reuters

Bloomberg

If you care about something, you'll know about it and know where to hear about it.

Even on MSM sources it seems.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Reuters

Bloomberg

If you care about something, you'll know about it and know where to hear about it.

Even on MSM sources it seems.

Yeah? And if this event got even a TENTH of the coverage that Zimmerman's trial got, don't you think the marches and riots would be against the NDAA rather than against Zimmerman, along with random whites and hispanics that people have threatened to kill?

People can't care about something if they don't KNOW about it.

For example, I went searching online for the latest alternative feeds to keep tabs on what's going on (other than the Zimmerman trial). Found this article.

Then thought, Hm. It's weird that everyone's blowing up about Zimmerman, yet no one's said anything about the NDAA's resurrection. Even on ATS.

Most people couldn't tell you what the NDAA was, if asked.

They aren't going to dig for information about something they've never heard of. They can't care about something if they don't know it exists.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Really?

No one knows about it?

That's why a MSM news site in AUSTRALIA covered it back in December:

www.news.com.au...

Maybe, the people you would call sheep, don't actually care.

I guess they're not as fearful of being mistaken for a military target than you are.

edit on 18-7-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Really?

No one knows about it?

That's why a MSM news site in AUSTRALIA covered it back in December:

www.news.com.au...

Maybe, the people you would call sheep, don't actually care.

I guess they're not as fearful of being mistaken for a military target than you are.

edit on 18-7-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

I didn't say NO ONE knows about it.

I said MOST PEOPLE don't know about it.

There's a Martin march coming up in my area, and I guarantee you, if I were to turn on my camera phone, follow the march, and ask each of them what the NDAA is, none of them could tell me.

Ordinary people, who take daily doses of MSM, and who get distracted by the fluff.

They do not know what information to look for regarding the NDAA, or any other conspiracy out there, because they are unaware anything bigger than the Zimmerman trial is taking place right now.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

“Sadly, the “victory” lasted about 10 months. Today, US totalitarianism wins again,” laments Zero Hedge.

Article here

Didn't I say the whole Zimmerman thing was another distract & divide tactic?

God knows what else is passing the house while this ignorant race war continues to grow.

It's the blind leading the drunk.

edit on 17-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

Speaking of what was going on....This may be one notable event happening

Interesting, Thomas Perez is quite the radical I must say. His history is quite blinding and race biased. I google for quick glimpse of his ideology.
Youtube commentary

Recent media content profiling Perez

AND

Samantha Power - CZAR-Cass Sunstein's wife

SHE IS DANGEROUS from my perspective, Cass is the poster child of Radicalism/Marxist

SPower' s past ideology

Thought it was appropriate to add since you mentioned what was happening while the left hand was busy.

ETA::I am terrible when it comes to creating threads - I find that I am great at pointing out topics. I did not look to see if the administration nominations were a hot topic or not. Apologies - not meaning to malign the OP but regarding the admin and BO, and NDAA; I thought this would be fitting.

edit on 18-7-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

My point there was if it is getting reported here in Australia, then I can't see any excuse for people not knowing about it.

So perhaps, like I said, they just don't care.

There's a Martin march coming up in my area, and I guarantee you, if I were to turn on my camera phone, follow the march, and ask each of them what the NDAA is, none of them could tell me.

Perhaps this the platform you've been looking for to get the word out.

These people care enough to march for something at least.

More than what most do.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

My point there was if it is getting reported here in Australia, then I can't see any excuse for people not knowing about it.

So perhaps, like I said, they just don't care.

Perhaps this the platform you've been looking for to get the word out.

These people care enough to march for something at least.

More than what most do.

Yeah, but they're uneducated.

Imagine what that ambition combined with just a slish-splash of NDAA knowledge would do.

That's why those kinds of stories generally don't cover every inch of the MSM like the Zimmerman trial.

They make the government *look* bad.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I agree with AlphaHawks post, and I'm just passing through to add this little thought:

Remember how many German citizens after WWII made excuses along the lines that they could not have seen the rise of the 3rd Reich comming, because the Article 48 and the "Ermächtigungsgesetz" all just happened too fast?

No one believed them... you, my dear Americans, won't even have that excuse...
This is in public domain and was all over (at least the foreign-) news media for way too long.
edit on 18-7-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Anyone ever catch the irony in facebook?

Facial recognition technology? Putting everyone's faces in an information storing data-book?

No....?

Well, no more messaging or texting important stuff for me.

Unfortunately now your face has been named on facebook, you will forever be captured on facebook, updating the face record as you get older, via other people photos that may have you in them.

"There is no escape, so if you would, please go back to work and pay your taxes.

Enough of all these questions, please, citizen, we will take everything from here, oh and dont forget to vote, not like it matters anyway sucker LOL, we own you forever" signed - The government. (xxx)

edit on 18-7-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Americans can once again “legally” be snatched off the street and detained without trial based on the mere claim that they provided aid or support to terrorists, despite this being a total violation of habeas corpus.

Well maybe some good comes out of this.

How would the 'law' apply to politicians who authorize financial aid and weapons to 'terrorist' outfits ?

The U.S. Government IS and has been doing that .... right ?

I say round 'em all up with no trial

Keep the Guantanamo Bay detention camp open ..... for the politicians !!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

no no!

you are confused!

This is for people that havnt been part of funding terrorists, just suspected.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
reply to post by xuenchen

no no!

you are confused!

This is for people that havnt been part of funding terrorists, just suspected.

Oh that's right !!

So much for wishful thinking I guess

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join