It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. King Pitches 'Under The Dome' to Hollywood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I figure it had to go something like this:

SK: I want to make a TV show about people doing people things on planet Earth.

Hollywood Agent: Boring!

SK: Okay, how about people doing people things, ummmm, under a dome?

Hollywood Agent: Sold!

'Under the Dome'

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
SK: Okay, how about people doing people things, ummmm, under a dome?

Didnt the Simpsons do this one already?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Did you guys even bother reading the book?

Did you know there is a novel written by Stephen King titled "Under The Dome"?

The book was / is great.....I don't watch t.v.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
IMO, stupid post. I like the show and have read the book. OP have you read the book or watched the show??? Whatever.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The book was great. The show sucks. They butchered the storyline for the show.
It would be great if they made a rated R movie of it though. With a dark atmosphere.
Kinda hard to put methamphetamine binges, necrophilia and rape on CBS.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Simpsons did it ! Simpson's did it !

That's all I hear in my head,and cannot bring myself to watch it at all

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Havent heard of this. Im sure stephen king has great dialogue and characters and plot, but the synopsis does sound like a twilight zone idea.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Iam enjoying it so far...(not because of the redhead reporter
) I read the book enjoyed that also.
Jigger give it a go, who knows you may enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The OP is right though. At present, the dome is only there as a background mystery, when it should be more front and center. A few days in, nothing would have power anymore, and I'd really be wondering about all of the other problems that would come of it (sanitation, water, food, etc.)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

A similar type "dome" movie here.

The wall.

It has got great reviews, I can't wait to see it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
Havent heard of this. Im sure stephen king has great dialogue and characters and plot, but the synopsis does sound like a twilight zone idea.

A town of good guys and bad guys is trapped under an invisible dome. There's a jealous boyfriend that kidnapped his girl. A bone breaker that killed a gambler that owes money to the mob. People getting sick. People cured.

So far, it's all been about human events that could've happened without the dome.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The OP is right though. At present, the dome is only there as a background mystery, when it should be more front and center. A few days in, nothing would have power anymore, and I'd really be wondering about all of the other problems that would come of it (sanitation, water, food, etc.)

And air. Plus, the first thing I would have done is get a detail going 24/7 to try to dig under the dome.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm sure it's more of a sphere than a dome. The air issue seems answered, as we've seen the dome is somewhat permeable (spraying water on it, had some water get in). Likewise, they are getting some diminished radio info from the military.

Personally, I'd try and figure out DEAD CENTER of the dome and look there. Chances are, something is generating this thing, and it is likely smack dab in the center of it. (never read the book, so don't spoil it).
edit on 18-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm sure it's more of a sphere than a dome. The air issue seems answered, as we've seen the dome is somewhat permeable (spraying water on it, had some water get in). Likewise, they are getting some diminished radio info from the military.

Personally, I'd try and figure out DEAD CENTER of the dome and look there. Chances are, something is generating this thing, and it is likely smack dab in the center of it. (never read the book, so don't spoil it).
edit on 18-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I didn't read it either. SK stories are just too bloated.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Seriously. GO READ THE BOOK.
You're all talking about things you know nothing about. DENY IGNORANCE... Right?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aeonminder

TV shows RARELY if ever follow the book. My wife read the book, and already pointed out MAJOR differences. Personally, I'd rather watch the show, THEN read the book. That way, easier to imagine the characters, and separate them, and I'm also not disappointed by either.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I didn't read it either. SK stories are just too bloated.

His stories are fine, his endings suck. Unless it's a short story. His short stories are far superior to his novels.

new topics

top topics

join