It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye Patches

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
can no one escape Valhall's ker-splatting rampage?!!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The eye-patch was a way for the mods to say they have a reason to turn a blind eye...

But now since just about everyone else is doing it, my idea doesn't hold water.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
what going on here all day this thread has been going from 6 to 8 pages then back again and now it at 10 with the same amount of posts?

[edit on 10/11/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok, I gave in to peer pressrue. I didn't change my avatar, but made a little flash movie HERE (82k).

I'm I cool now?

EDIT: I forgot a vowel.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by curme]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
what going on here all day this thread has been going from 6 to 8 pages then back again and now it at 10 with the same amount of posts?

[edit on 10/11/2004 by Sauron]

hmm...must have something to do with the low-bandwidth mode
it seems to be causing a lot of weird things to happen

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Ok, I gave in to peer pressrue. I didn't change my avatar, but made a little flash movie HERE (82k).

I'm I cool now?

EDIT: I forgot a vowel.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by curme]

nope, nada, it's broken

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What's behind the eye-patch?

Well, here's the real-deal. Springer has been through quite a few health ordeals in the past month. One of them was that he went almost instantly and totally blind in his left eye about a month ago. Well, once he got healthy enough from his other health issues to get to a doctor, he found out he had a cataract in his left eye (actually he has one in the other as well which he will have to have fixed in another 10 days, but the one in the left made him legally blind!)

He had surgery on Monday to remove the cataract, and the patches were a show of support for his suffering. THANK YOU ALL!

Right now he looks like he went 10 rounds with Randall Tex Cobb using the strategy of beating the opponent with his left eye against their fist.

Of course, we've had great fun with the shiner in real life...the typical jokes:

"She said shut up. I thought she said standup...and the rest is history."

or

"I asked him if he didn't mind seeing me for 2 or 3 days...about the second day he started to juuuust get a glimpse of me....LOL!"

He's still not recovered and, in fact, we're probably going to get him back to the doc tomorrow if things aren't better than they are today.

I appreciate the show of support from the mods...and it's been fun watching the transformation of member avatars. Springer cannot come on line much yet (nor has he been able to for a month), because trying to read with one eye gives him a splitting headache. But he sends his thanks to all involved. It helps to know people sincerely wish you recovery when you're battling things.

Many many thumbs up to everybody

(p.s. MA...Springer got a big kick out of you bringing up the rose-colored glasses. He still thinks that's one of the funnest moments on ATS! Thanks for remembering!)

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

nope, nada, it's broken

Ok, try THIS. It's the first image. Ignore the other pics, it's from another post (but yes, that is me).

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
My mother went through laser surgery for cataracts
I hope Springer has a speedy recovery too.

or did you really pop him in the eye

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
curme, that's hilarious

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Not only are mods people too,
we're quite nice when ATSers are having problems in real life.

Still wishing Springer a speedy recovery,
-B.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
val,

I hope springer gets well soon, and, as you've see here on ats, the members and staff always have your back, whether its sending flowers to the hosptial, or having someone to talk to. Were here for ya. Remember that.

Regards, Jared (TSK)

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I hope nothing but a speedy recovery for Springer
always glad to show my support

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Valhall: Our prayers go out to you and Springer. Hope things get better really quickly. I even made a pre-raphaelite avatar with an eyepatch for the occasion.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Man Im sorry to hear about that Val, and to think I bought the National Pirate Week thing. Jeez, anyways I hope everything turns out good as far as Springers vision goes. Keep us informed.

Z Out

PS. Arrrrrrrrrr! What? Im a pirate.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
what better way to honor a faithful member than to create an 8+ page thread about a wave of change on ATS? Immortality at it's best.

Best Wishes.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
to think I bought the National Pirate Week thing....

PS. Arrrrrrrrrr! What? Im a pirate.

www.thomasscott.net...

two months late. sorry bro. but, its got a full description of how to act for the next one!
ive got the perfect shirt for it. SoBe grape grog baby!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is all extremely surreal and exactly fitting when you consider he is the world's biggest Parrot-Head....go Buffet!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Feck me ! - its getting dark earlier these days

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Springer

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Actually, several of us believed the National Pirates Week thing,..

so we put on our patch, ransacked the Biz Consultant office at ATS headquarters, took the Harley's in the staff fleet parking lot and replaced them with our moped's, and for the most part cleaned out the fridge.

But we are sorry. We will try and fix some of the other things, like try to get some repair money for the damage. (I have already contacted the son of a recently deceased rich oil magnate, who has 25 million stuck in a Nigerian account, and he just needed the ATS account number's to transfer the money to us.)

(but also wishing you well, and looking forward to your return.)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join