It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are N.S.A programmers working on ATS functionality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I was bored and was going through Skeptics old wall posts and saw this post by him. I didn't see anyone question his response, either joke or serious. This reply to an ATS member can be found on PAGE 6 of his wall posts, 3/4th's of the way down.

Comment from: SkepticOverlord on: 12-3-2007 @ 10:13 PM
"Don't thank me... thank the 12 N.S.A. programmers that worked all weekend on this :p"

His response is in regard to the "wall" that is attached to your profile. Someone was thanking him for getting it up and running and his response was the quoted text above.

If it was a joke, okay, I get it. With all that's happened recently with the N.S.A, however, I feel a little sketched out by this but will rebuke my feelings with a valid explanation. Perhaps back in 2007, it was okay to joke about the N.S.A working on ATS but during current times, obviously it can cause concern.

LINK for your convenience: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Quite honestly... years ago the site was a lot smaller and we were able to have a bit more fun.

Comments like that... April Fools jokes... Halloween pranks...

Unfortunately those are no longer possible today as too many people were taking things too seriously and considering the effort we had put in (especially Halloween stuff) it just wasn't worth it anymore if the outcome was unhappy members.

Times changed I guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

We can give credence to times changing via the United States governments actions. I didn't want to approach this post with a "BURN EM' AT THE STAKE" mentality because I knew back in 2007 the N.S.A thing was more of a joke / mockery than legitimate truth.

I think we all knew deep down that the things we were joking about had a lot of tangible truth...similar to the things we joke about now. Human intuition is a powerful thing.

I appreciate the clarification.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I hear the Booz-Allen may lose some gov't contracts... maybe you guys should bring them on as consultants...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I don't think I've even looked at my "wall" since then.

The new member profiles in ATS.5/3 no longer have the wall.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Don't ask me why I was looking at your wall. I've been lurking here for many years and never see many posts by you in threads I decide to read. I saw a reply from you in that post about bushes color of socks and just clicked on your profile. I knew about the walls within profiles but was curious as to how far they went back, which happened to be right around the time I first started visiting ATS (which is also when I noticed the post about the N.S.A).

Now we will have a total conspiracy here if you go in there and delete that post back in 2007. I think that just might send me off the deep end!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Talk about having spare time!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Quite honestly... years ago the site was a lot smaller and we were able to have a bit more fun.

Comments like that... April Fools jokes... Halloween pranks...

Unfortunately those are no longer possible today as too many people were taking things too seriously and considering the effort we had put in (especially Halloween stuff) it just wasn't worth it anymore if the outcome was unhappy members.

Times changed I guess.

Yep, one April Fools Day, we even had the site redirect to this "other" forum where we had all kinds of NSA type stuff. The mods had been making posts to that "staff" forum for about a month in prep for the prank. It was priceless, but alas, too many would take such things seriously these days, so no dice anymore... Just not worth the board drama.... Was pretty funny though...

top topics

join