It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2010, Zimmerman Pushed For Discipline For Officers Involved in Beating Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I found this article very much by accident, but this needs to be kept out in the open. It really shows George Zimmerman in a different light than the way he has been depicted by most media.

In 2010 race-related beating case, George Zimmerman pushed to discipline same officers who investigated Trayvon Martin shooting Read more: dailycaller.com... Cvz

dailycaller.com... xzz2Z9MO5mLR

I hadn't heard this information anywhere yet. I used the search function and didn't see it anywhere. Please remove if it has already been covered.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

Well isn't that interesting.
I wonder what people will say to this bit of news.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think both parties are guilty..

However, a bar fight is slightly different than being beaten..

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You know full well that this will be spun into something else. God forbid people see Zimmerman for the good man he is..
edit on 17-7-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

This is Definitely Not going to help any civil case against George.

I'd say he has this one in the bag.

If things like this keep popping up and the government continues to investigate and pursue this case, they sure are going to look like a bunch of mildly retarded child that has control Live ChainSaw.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

George printed and distributed copies of fliers on bright fluorescent-colored paper demanding that the community “hold accountable” officers responsible for any misconduct. TheDC has obtained a copy of one of those fliers.

“Do you know the individual that stepped up when no one else in the black community would?” the Zimmerman family member asked in the letter to the NAACP’s Clayton.

“Do you know who spent tireless hours putting fliers on the cars of persons parked in the churches of the black community? Do you know who waited for the church‐goers to get out of church so that he could hand them fliers in an attempt to organize the black community against this horrible miscarriage of justice? Do you know who helped organize the City Hall meeting on January 8th, 2011 at Sanford City Hall??”

“That person was GEORGE ZIMMERMAN,” the letter insisted. “Ironic isn’t it?”

I know I can be paranoid at times,
but reading the link... makes me wonder.

How many people had Martin sent to the hospital
on behalf of the police, before his last attempt.

Zimmerman had to be a "known" to them,
and someone may have had motive.

Mike

edit on 17-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Throughout all of my recent posting I have not demonised Zimmerman because I read articles showing him not be the complete monster some wanted to call him. He shot and killed a young man in a tragic act.

Given the sad fact that demagogues can heard simpletons and most people seem incapable of dealing with any complexity the Zimmerman trial has become a symbol for both the right and the liberals.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This whole " Zimmerman " case just seems like a ploy to further political agendas concerning gun laws. Think about it, I mean come on, look at all the other Important events the media could be reporting on. There are probably 10 more cases like this trial going on right now at this very moment. Now it seems like all they're talking about on the news is ' Race ' Not to mention the race war riots going on because of this. Why are americans not picketing the white house over their privacy being invaded? Zimmerman was just a diversion tactic to keep the publics eye looking elsewhere. Ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not to mention Zimmerman was a good samaritan days after the verdict. Some kind of monster...

George Zimmerman helped rescue four people in wrecked SUV just days after murder acquittal, officials say

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Not to mention Zimmerman was a good samaritan days after the verdict. Some kind of monster...

George Zimmerman helped rescue four people in wrecked SUV just days after murder acquittal, officials say
Yeah Yeah Yeah. Trayvon Martin was the Devil, but that doesn't make George Zimmerman an Angel. Hahaha! Give me a break!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've linked a story about the incident from another source in a couple of posts:

ZIMMERMAN COMPLAINED ABOUT SANFORD POLICE IN DEFENSE OF HOMELESS BLACK MAN

"I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white," Zimmerman said during a 90-second statement to city commissioners at a community forum. "It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those who are in the thin blue line."

"I'd like to know what action the commission is taking in order to repeal Mr. Tooley's pension," Zimmerman said to the commission. "I'm not asking you to repeal his pension; I believe he's already forfeited his pension by his illegal cover-up in corruption in what happened in his department."

Not only did he try and organize the community against the corruption in the police department, he called for the then chief to loose his pension.

No one is perfect and there were indeed mistakes made by both participants that night.

I've got to give it up to everyone who has been tirelessly upholding the facts that were presented in the case in the never ending tide of emotion and inability to let go of preconceived notions of guilt.

I am also shocked at the number of people who seem to think that someone being suspicious of suspicious activity is legitimate grounds for assault. The mental contortions people go through would be humorous if not for the fact that these people think they're right.

join