It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Shots: What NOT To Do!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

1st what makes you think I'm talking about birdshot?

Secondly the figures I use are an amalgam of data not meant to be exact.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Excellent point. I have a rifled barrel on my 12 gauge making it infinitely more dangerous than the 5.56 or .338, particularly at close range. The size of that slug is almost intimidating just loading the thing and can only imagine the velocity it would have when it finally came back down. I would not want to be in its path when it met its mark. The laid back attitude on here regarding firing indiscriminately into the air is baffling. It's really simple, level your weapon at your target, acquire, and fire at what's in your sights and only if its your intended target. If you don't plan on firing or don't think you can shoot someone leave the firearms where they are because that moments hesitation is going to cost you dearly if your for is armed.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

That is a broad statement but if you shoot someone for stealing your car you will go to jail.

that really depends. not too long ago a woman in texas shot a man 6 times in the back with her revolver. he snatched her purse, and the only thing she was holding on to in her purse was her gun.

when the judge asked her "why did you shoot him 6 times?" she literally said "because when i pulled the trigger the 7th time it went click". she got off without anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I know it shouldn't have but I couldn't help but laugh a little bit when I got to the end where the judge asked why she shot him 6 times and her reply was when I pulled it the 7th time it just went click.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Okay, so Uncle Joe Biden was wrong about "warning shots." But what about blindly firing through my front door (www.usnews.com...). I mean, he can't be wrong twice can he?!?!

What could possibly go wrong with shooting blindly through my front door?

Oh sure, some "gun nut" might say that you should only shoot what you can see...or some "survivalist" could say that you've now given an unobstructed path into your home by blowing a hole in your door...or some "Tea Partier" could say, "are you freakin' stupid, Joe!"

Whatever, if my elected official is telling me to shoot into the air off my balcony or fire blindly through my door, you darn well know I'ma doin' it!

Good grief, why hasn't he been fired yet? Is it because he is making the POTUS look smarter?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Warning shots. I lived at one mine where the nearest home was 10+miles away and i had bears and mountain lions. if i heard something/one out side i would fire out the window before going out side because who wants to open the door and find a bear or mountain lion on the porch. The gate to get to the mine was a mile away. and there were warning signs.

These are what i used and at less then 7 feet they would have worked on people they were so powerful.
www.ammunitiontogo.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't like guns much. I think giving birth and killing are two things that should be done very personally if they're to be done at all; they have profound implications. The first you kinda can't avoid the personal nature of it. The second, guns make far too easy to do at a distance.

But no point in bringing a knife to a gunfight as they say, so I guess sometimes it is what is required for survival. I would have bought a glock eons ago but I had a kid and, this is really stupid but at the time, I couldn't find a decent gunsafe. I mean it struck me as ludicrous that I could walk out and buy a gun in like 5 different places but the only gunsafe I could find was a big case for a rifle. I don't want a gun until I have a decent, quick access handgun safe because I won't leave the weapon unsecured, and I could never afford both of them at the same time (single mom thing), and buying the safe without a gun never seemed like the priority next to trivial things like bills and school clothes, so it just hasn't happened yet. They don't even have a public range here (disappointing, as OK is one of the two reddest red states. Whadayagottado to get a gunfreak opportunity already?) -- I had wanted to take my daughter and I to some official classes when she turned 16.

I only knew that warning shots were a bad idea because someone told me that in college when I was taking a firearms class. Part of my martial days. I really think most people do not know this stuff. Most of us 'learn' from media. We don't even realize we do. Often people just never think of something until it happens, and then we have to fall back on whatever the brain has handy in the databanks. Usually something more harm than help, it seems.

I was watching 'Haven' on hulu recently and they had this freak tornado coming down the street and so they all . . . hid behind a car in the street. I am not making this up. That is the most moronic gross-out level of stupidity I have ever seen. Ok, so being right next to Joplin and entwined with it in a few ways may have made me a little more emotional about this topic than the average person, but if anybody influenced by that ever dies, I hope on some esoteric level the crassly irresponsible writers have to pay. That is just totally offensive. I would not expect a 12 year old to write a script where people crouch behind a car from a tornado -- an incredibly movable, tossable object, likely to kill you even if the funnel only passed near. Laying down in the bloody gutter (though that is likely pointless and doomed, better the deeper the ditch/gutter of course) would have been wiser than hiding behind a car in the street.

I suppose it's on a different scale, but once I saw a movie where this woman marries a guy and announces he has to get rid of the cat he's had for 12 years because she's pregnant. That is ridiculously unnecessary and I would never get rid of a family member like that. I was so offended that this movie badly indoctrinated a lot of stupid people to be sure that a pregnant woman can't even be in the same house with a cat without harm, let alone with the idea that if you get in a relationship with someone, their family of a dozen years, animal or not, has to go for your convenience. All I could think of was all the sweet cats that probably had their lives ruined over this because their owners were too stupid to know better. Yes... I realize cats are not the topic and seem a lot less relevant than guns, but I was using it to example that media gives us bad examples. :-)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Haven takes place in Maine dude, not exactly tornado alley there. In a place that almost never gets tornadoes, yeah people may not know exactly the proper way to react lol. If it took place in like Kansas or something, then it would be totally unrealistic

edit on Sun, 03 Nov 2013 03:32:41 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by RedCairo

Haven takes place in Maine dude, not exactly tornado alley there. In a place that almost never gets tornadoes, yeah people may not know exactly the proper way to react lol. If it took place in like Kansas or something, then it would be totally unrealistic

edit on Sun, 03 Nov 2013 03:32:41 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Well the writers are not in Maine. Then again, they're in Hollywood. What am I saying. LOL.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Aim for their head, if it misses, tell them it was a warning shot. Act like a badass when you fail lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join