It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Edward Snowden is STILL CIA- The 'Conspiracy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Let us consider what Edward Snowden has leaked to the public-

- That the NSA is spying on everyone, from emails to phone calls and whatever other means of spying on citizens.

So everything YOU do is monitored. You worried yet? Thinking twice about posting on conspiracy sites or talking to friends about 'conspiracy theories'? Perhaps this is the point.

The NSA can collect all the data in the world, but the fact is that there are hundreds of millions of people living in the USA.

The theory therefore, as outlined in a mock 'agenda outline' (Imagine CIA agents and a few members of the elite sitting around a table, all looking very serious...)

In order to stem the tide of people all over America starting to see the truth we have decided to create a fake whistleblower. This creation will then 'leak' to the world that the government is monitoring everything. EVERYTHING anyone does, we will know about it. We will make sure the media goes crazy over the story. We will make it look like whistleblowers are 'enemies of the state' by having our provocateur seek asylum in nations traditionally oppsed to the western world.

We will make sure the 'whistleblower' will let everyone know he gave up a very well paid job. The overall aim is to present speaking the truth as a negative option. Because people will believe everything they do is monitored, they will be less inclined to visit alternative forms of media. People by their very nature will withdraw from 'conspiracy' if they believe it could somewhere down the line affect them personally. If they fear they are being monitored, this could help achieve our goals.

People visit conspiracy sites to help share info and knowledge, but now it is official EVERYTHING you do is monitored, is it worth the risk posting conspiracy related info and winding up on some government watch/hit list?

Just a theory to consider. The media has certainly been very interested in Snowden, and just like it was in the Zimmerman case, that should make the average thinking person suspicious of their agenda.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I had considered that.

I came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter. They have been monitoring for a long while, and seem to have begun their mass computerized data collection of social communication with the echelon project. We, here, all knew it didn't go away when they said it did.

So, whether Snowden is a plant or genuine, the public should be reminded that the government is far overstepping it's constitutional limitations.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
While the media has been doing a good job of following Snowden, I believe it was mostly to engineer a certain line of thinking and to attack his character. They have however not given hardly any coverage to the information provided or the laws broken by the nsa and the companies involved.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Possible

Recently close to where I live there's a train station, and there are camera's EVERYWHERE!!
A Store opposite the station was attacked during the night and every window was smashed including an ATM machine!
Was there any CCTV evidence? No!
I think most of the cctv camera's are fake.

Are they watching what we post? Absolutely, and they've been doing it for a long time. Anyone who finds their way to a site like this will have been on a list long before they ever got here; so no point in trying to hide. The best defense we have is making sure there's lots of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Interesting idea. In the movie Now You See Me, which features a group of talented illusionists doubling as thieves, one of the magical techniques explained is redirection: convincing your audience to look at one place or thing while the real trick is happening somewhere else.

Classic psychology. The public really are as dumb as cattle.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Now we are using our brains. I've been of the opinion that it was to force B.O. into supporting the Syrian Rebels, as at the time they were about to be completely wiped out by the opposing forces. You have to take into consideration the fact that the U.S. IA's were watching months and months of effort and billions and billions of dollars aimed at toppling the Assad regime being annihilated, thus they needed to salvage the disaster. B.O. opposing stance on getting involved in the conflict, at least in public view, should already be known.I will say however that this could also be a part of the leak. No reason to have an event serve dual purposes. And this reminds me of a Sun Tsu quote.Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.Make people aware of the fact (or perceived fact) that you are all knowing and all seeing, and that whistleblowers will not be tolerated. This event could very well deter anyone who has anything of substance from going public or even communicating what they know digitally.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
the fishy part of E.S. to me is where he went over what he did.

Picture 2 rival mafia families and a guy snitches on one. Doesnt the other side also hate snitches and kill them with stuff like Pulonium 210?

for a guy blowing the whistle of govt spying on you to go to RUSSIA... well isnt that ironic,.. a little too.. i really do think.. its like ray-yayn on a...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is exactly why I think the whole thing is just a staged diversion. He hasn't really provided any ground breaking eye opening secrets. He merely confirmed what most of us suspected all along. Ever since his "escape" it has been made for TV drama and nothing more.

I'm using the "Cheech and Chong" reality test on this one... If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, and tastes like a turd?

Walk around it...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

i have no proof.... but i do believe he is a spy of some kind for the us gov. maby hes trying to get info of the underground if one exsites. who knows his real task. but i defiantly believe hes a spy of some kind and anyone dealing with him should treat him as such... its a old basic trick. make someone look like there against something and make them look vulnerable and helpless. the old bait on a hook game....
and i do believe it is used as a media game to instill fear in snitching against big brother. and telling everyone there under constant surveillance. its funny tho if you really look into it. its also showing you how afraid big brother is. he needs your fear to control you... from there fear of no control. quiet odd. it shows there weakness... another old Intel trick is to make the enemy think you have more power then you actually have... we give them there power. and we all basicly know how its done .. so it becomes eaysy to out smart a system the requires the user to feed into it the info there seeking.

edit on 18-7-2013 by pathwalker777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, and tastes like a turd?

If it looked like a turd and smelled like a turd, why on earth did you taste it?!?!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
This is exactly why I think the whole thing is just a staged diversion. He hasn't really provided any ground breaking eye opening secrets. He merely confirmed what most of us suspected all along. Ever since his "escape" it has been made for TV drama and nothing more.

I'm using the "Cheech and Chong" reality test on this one... If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, and tastes like a turd?

Walk around it...

But now the whole world knows. Kids will grow up knowing all their communications are being recorded and stored. I'm sure there is technology that can then profile each individual based on online communications movements etcetera. Creating what type of effect Orwell predicted. It will create a panopticon atmosphere, where humans regulate their behaviour because they know they are being watched.

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building designed by English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late 18th century. The concept of the design is to allow a watchman to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without their being able to tell whether they are being watched or not.

en.wikipedia.org...

We know the technology exists are you suggesting its not being used to the extent Snowden claims?

edit on 18-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's more than likely IMO that Snowden was a scape goat for an intentional leak.

The best way to get citizen support for something is to pretend like it was never happening, then hit you with it all at once and wave a flag for your reasoning.

IMO they were testing the waters for things to come.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The best way to get citizen support for something is to pretend like it was never happening, then hit you with it all at once and wave a flag for your reasoning.

I'm sorry, I didn't quite grasp that. Could you explain again?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ok, so it's been suspected for a long time, that governments like the White House, purposefully leak information to the media.

I personally believe this to be true. Now if this is the case, the media along with the White House follow a simple tactic to absolve themselves of responsibility, while shifting the focus of the conversation away from the legality and onto the whistle blower.

In this case Snowden makes this announcement, the conversation immediately turns to him, calling him a traitor, there is virtually no real discussing of the ramifications or the legalities involved. When the question is raised the government simply yells "PROTECTION AMERICA FROM TERRORISTS" and everybody accepts that response.

The reason they do this, is now they don't need to explain PRISM to the people. Nobody gets fired, fined or prosecuted and the program continues. This sets a precedent for them. Now they know that these sorts of things, don't really bother Americans or that the Propaganda Machine they've created can adequately control the national conversation.

Which means the next program they want to start, that may have even more legal problems or moral issues, doesn't need to be vetted by anybody and even if it was released, would not cause much of a problem.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by madmac5150

Walk around it...

But now the whole world knows. Kids will grow up knowing all their communications are being recorded and stored. I'm sure there is technology that can then profile each individual based on online communications movements etcetera. Creating what type of effect Orwell predicted. It will create a panopticon atmosphere, where humans regulate their behaviour because they know they are being watched.

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building designed by English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late 18th century. The concept of the design is to allow a watchman to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without their being able to tell whether they are being watched or not.

en.wikipedia.org...

We know the technology exists are you suggesting its not being used to the extent Snowden claims?

edit on 18-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Yes, this is something I was trying to convey although you have made it clearer

CCTV Cameras are everywhere, they are a deterent as much as anything.

People are now entering a world where they officially know everything they do is watched and monitored. An effective deterrent to keep people 'in line'.

It is scare tactics, seemingly contradictory yet clear when you appreciate the theory.

new topics

top topics

join