It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maximum Hate - Minimum Reason

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't know.
For one, the word "racist" is thrown around however people want- when in reality we aren't different races- the word has no base in reality. It simply refers to a bias- and we all have bias's whether we like it or not. We all have preferences and values.

I object to the silly assertion that acknowledging differences between people of different genetic backgrounds is being "racist". Different does not mean "inferior". We do not need to think everyone is the same in order to appreciate them!" Different but equal" is a rational concept!

I also think that generalities exist.
There are majorities that exist in specific populations. No it does not mean the occasional individual who does not fit into that stereotype doesn't exist. One can recognize the individual that is not of the majority!

I will speak out often about the arab population in france that is taking over the country,
and yet one of my best friends is an arab. He has the slowness and social tendancy that one can see in most arabs: they walk slower, all their movements are slower, they spend more time talking than getting things done.

I will complain about that when I see the arabs that spend their day outside their free housing, chatting all day, and only walking enough to pick up their welfare check I have paid for.
I will complain about them that only get up the energy to burn cars or throw rocks at other people.

But this guy, his social slowness brings about a nice balancing element to our work team which is sometimes too speedy and high pressured,
He gets worked up to support his family and do whatever he has to feed his kids, even if that means finding some work on the side on weekends.

His difference is there, and it is typical of his genetic background. But this is a relative world, and whether a characteristic is "good" or "bad" can depend upon context.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

In fact, several scientists said, the new work shows just how small a biological difference is reflected by skin color. The newly found mutation involves a change of just one letter of DNA code out of the 3.1 billion letters in the human genome -- the complete instructions for making a human being.

www.amnh.org...

If human and chimp DNA is 98.8 percent the same, why are we so different? Numbers tell part of the story. Each human cell contains roughly three billion base pairs, or bits of information. Just 1.2 percent of that equals about 35 million differences. Some of these have a big impact, others don't. And even two identical stretches of DNA can work differently--they can be "turned on" in different amounts, in different

edit on 20-7-2013 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
So an orange person is walking down the street and meets a green person. The green person, in the orange person's opinion is rude and ignorant...so the orange person continues walking. He runs into another green person...same thing. And again...same thing. Eventually after ten such encounters he runs into a green person who is "fine". Not great, not bad...just "fine".

So is the orange person a racist for expecting, based upon his experience, that the next green person he meets...he will likely not like?

To the anti racism extremists he is wrong. The only thing they won't tolerate is science and logic.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Speaking of fear...
I want to add something that happened to me a few days ago....It brought out the FEAR in ME!

I was not paying attention to my surroundings while out and about the other day. I was coming home and realized I needed to stop for gas since I was on fumes. I pulled up into the gas station and noticed 3 white landscaping vans with about 20 more more black men hanging out in the front of the store. There were more inside the store....They were blocking the entrance and acting intimidating but I ignored it.

I pulled up to the only open island on the furthest side of the station. I got out of my car and walked to the pump. I was immediately startled by a couple guys dressed like total thugs...baggy pants, tattoos, etc...walking towards me with that I'm a gangbanger attitude. My first thought was OMG I am a dumby because I had totally forgotten about the reports of people getting hurt and beat up in retaliation over the Zimmerman Trial.

The guys immediately began to harass me...asking me about my hair and wanting to come over and get a better look at it etc...one of the men was reaching into his belt area under his shirt. This intimidation was done on purpose!! I told them to back the you know what away! I jumped in my car as fast as I could but they were STILL coming. My first thought was I wished I had my gun.....I drove off....watching them in the mirror they were still walking in my direction...I had to circle around to go back because this was the only gas station for miles and like I said I was on fumes....I waited till they left to get my gas.

I was shaking out of fear. WHY? Because these guys fed into the stereotype and caused a fear in me that I had never before in my life experienced.

Seriously, someone could have been shot! More people will be shot if this stuff keeps up!! Why perpetuate a stereotype??

As I drove home I noticed on the side of the road on the on ramp a sign: CONCEAL AND CARRY CLASS with a phone number....

You've got to be kidding me?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Exactly!

Is there any doubt that those of African ancestry are superior athletes by far? Would anyone deny that Ashkenazi Jews have contributed more to science than any other race of people?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7

Originally posted by Starwise
Speaking of fear...
I want to add something that happened to me a few days ago....It brought out the FEAR in ME!

I was not paying attention to my surroundings while out and about the other day. I was coming home and realized I needed to stop for gas since I was on fumes. I pulled up into the gas station and noticed 3 white landscaping vans with about 20 more more black men hanging out in the front of the store. There were more inside the store....They were blocking the entrance and acting intimidating but I ignored it.

I pulled up to the only open island on the furthest side of the station. I got out of my car and walked to the pump. I was immediately startled by a couple guys dressed like total thugs...baggy pants, tattoos, etc...walking towards me with that I'm a gangbanger attitude. My first thought was OMG I am a dumby because I had totally forgotten about the reports of people getting hurt and beat up in retaliation over the Zimmerman Trial.

The guys immediately began to harass me...asking me about my hair and wanting to come over and get a better look at it etc...one of the men was reaching into his belt area under his shirt. This intimidation was done on purpose!! I told them to back the you know what away! I jumped in my car as fast as I could but they were STILL coming. My first thought was I wished I had my gun.....I drove off....watching them in the mirror they were still walking in my direction...I had to circle around to go back because this was the only gas station for miles and like I said I was on fumes....I waited till they left to get my gas.

I was shaking out of fear. WHY? Because these guys fed into the stereotype and caused a fear in me that I had never before in my life experienced.

Seriously, someone could have been shot! More people will be shot if this stuff keeps up!! Why perpetuate a stereotype??

As I drove home I noticed on the side of the road on the on ramp a sign: CONCEAL AND CARRY CLASS with a phone number....

You've got to be kidding me?

I kid not! It took me about 20 minutes to stop shaking....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Perhaps your All Holiness would like to travel here so you may impart your Godly wisdom upon us wretched Americans.

I won't get on your train of hate.

Good luck (even if I don't believe in luck)

I mean, what would we do without a good dose of self-righteousness from the religious community in these threads?

I am not self-righteous. I spoke the truth. If it hurts , invent your own and tell me your version of truth. And then blame me that I am wrong.

But others can see the truth.

Look at you. You came on thread of criticizing hate and spread hate with no reason.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So tell me folks. Why is it that we can put men on the moon, we can see the far points of the universe, we can send an object to the edge of our own solar system, we can cure diseases, communicate - globally - in real time, we can split the atom, and are beginning to understand the very building blocks of time, space, and creation...

What races are responsible for said accomplishments?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
The cave men made cave drawings as an expression of their limits, to release it into the physical world from their mental world, this grew hope and their limits diminished to make way for kinship.

African Americans have no Neanderthal DNA.

CNN - Interesting Read!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I would be interested to know where everyone is from in this thread. I live on the south side of Chicago. If any of you grew up here, like I have, you would have different real world experiences. It's easy to sit outside of a snow globe and judge it for the way in which the flakes are falling, the lack of water in it, but if you are inside the snow globe, your perception is completely changed. There is a pie in the sky mentality and then there is reality.

edit on 29-7-2013 by LooseLipsSinkShips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

I live in the south side of Atlanta. Definitely not on the outside of this issue looking in.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by totallackey

For example, is stating the words, "punk thug, hoodie wearin, gangster wannabe," a racist statement or description?

There are many white, asian and hispanic youths who also join the "thug" lifestyle. A thug is a thug. Color doesn't play into it.

If I see a group of teens with hoodies, baggy pants, underwear showing, tattoos, etc., I'm going to be on my guard regardless of what color they are.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Some would say you're profiling.

I would say you are being cautious. Nothing wrong with that. Especially in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What about when people throw stats around like AA's represent 12% of our country's population but are responsible for over 50% of homicides and 60% of violent crime. Or how there are 4x, per capita, as many AA on welfare as any other race...

This GZ/TM case really ignited a lot talking heads in the media and has pretty much brain washed people into talking about race non-stop. I wonder what the media is covering up, or what their agenda is, by constantly push this race drivel down our throats.

There's no question our taxes wouldn't be as high if certain groups of people weren't leaches to society...of course every kind of race falls under that umbrella. But the per capita, the true measurement, rate is significantly higher for certain races than it is for others. Why?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's the pure stats that influence people's opinions as well as real life experiences.

If a child, in this extremely difficult economy, only has 1 parent then what are the odds of that child experiencing hardships. Now factor in that the 1 parent is not educated, became pregnant as a teenager, most likely doesn't have an involved father, and her mother and grandmother have been on government assistance all of their lives. What are the odds of that 1 parent being on government assistance? Now factor in that the government wants people to rely on them because they are easier to control that way so now the said 1 parent receives a minimum of $1,000 per child every April when tax time comes around. A generation of leaching off of hard working citizens, such as myself, is born. It continues.

Here's a stat:

73% of African Americans are born out of wedlock

95% of African Americans are Democratic

The majority of democrats want marriage rights for homosexuals. Do you think this is because they don't respect wedding ceremonies and marriage as much as those who were born in wedlock?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Then there is looking at two continents. Why doesn't Africa look like Europe? Compare and contrast the cities. Compare and contrast the bloodshed, the corruption, the diseases, the ability or the lack of ability of the residents of said continents to take care of themselves. Why is this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join