It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maximum Hate - Minimum Reason

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Now, in the face of this orderly universe, one is compelled to ask, "If I am I AM, and the universe does only my bidding, then why does my life suck?" The answer is simply this: it is part of the experience of forgetting and then remembering your own godhood. You can't forget your godhood if you're born into a rich family with all the comforts. I know, I have memory of a life wherein I had everything I asked for. I had no gratitude. I had no challenges. I didn't properly forget my godhood (that sense of 'being in charge'), so when I returned to the place where we go between experiences, I had almost nothing to show for it. No gratitude, no insight, nothing. If you think living in a cardboard box sucks, you haven't returned to heaven empty-handed.I would much rather be starved to death than live like Rockefeller. Honestly.

But back to the point. Why is there so much "hate" out there? There isn't. Hate only exists in your perception of it. It only holds power over you (and you are the only one whose life you have any business judging) if you internalize it. The stuff you see on TV, as far as you know, could all be totally fake. Someone on here can write their eyewitness account of hate crime, and it's still fake, as far as you know. What you internalize is what's real. That's how we learn what to do and what not to do. Or as the Buddhists call it, "skillful living" versus "unskillful living".

You, Heff, YOU chose to come here as a white American. Yes, you did! Why? There's only one of us here, and that experience (the experience of being you) was one of the infinite possibilities available, so therefore it must manifest and be experienced. Infinity seeks to know itself through finite experience. You are infinity; I AM. In this orderly universe where nothing thwarts the will of the Infinite Intelligence behind existence, it (if you choose to externalize it) chose to create you, and BE you. Why? To remember that you are I AM. This is the most joyous experience yet devised, this reunion with the genuine Self after a time of apparent estrangement.

I know you have all sorts of "what if" hypothetical questions running through your head about disasters, and deserving, and crime and justice. Thinking "what if" in that way only leads to one place: separation from your true nature; your own personal hell.

The door to your cage has never been locked. You can walk out any time you like. It just takes being totally fed up, and having your ego exhausted to the point of not being able to resist the truth any longer. You are the one who is responsible for every experience in your life, for there is no one else to blame. In a very real sense, you are the only real being in the universe (that "I AM" at your core), so who else could be responsible? I heartily recommend Roger Pool's "Divine Law and the Holy Grail" series on Youtube for some easy-to-follow and helpful illustrations to help you ask the right questions of your experience. He doesn't have the answers, you do. You just don't realize it yet because you haven't asked the right questions.

I sincerely hope you get a handle on what you really are. That's when life stops being a drag and starts being fun. Take the time to read some of the roage site. Heck come on over to the forum if you're feeling up to it. It's pretty quiet compared to this place, since the focus is quite narrow. Be well, Heff.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hephalump
reply to post by mideast

Offended?

Hardly. You're the one who's coloring the whole by the actions of a few.

That in and of itself, is arrogant isn't it? Thinking that you know what all Westerners are like? How is that any different than someone thinking everyone from the mideast are alike?

I know that's not the case. How about you?

I know that when I ask "why do you support your govt helping and establishing terrorist groups?" , they answer that these people are killing each other ,they deserve it.

I know that generalization is not true. But I do it so that some western people wake up.

That is one of the reasons I am here.

I am tired of your media beating war drums for years.

I can't stand it.

Your media has been beating war drums for years in middle east.

It is your media , it is your govt which is starting wars and helping minority extremists. It is you that should do something,

No Messiah is going to come out of lies , bloodshed and massacre.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Your post really shows me how easy it is for media and the Controlling elites to control how people view world events and foreign policies of nations.

I stated that based on the facts such as

And they don't show much reaction when they see their govt invades countries with no reason and retreats with no reason. They don't react when they see their military forces act such as this

But your reply made me think more. But remember that people in Iran came out and expressed their opinion. And they will come out as soon as they find some hope to make situation better.

We sacrificed many people to revolt against puppet Shah. Revolution is one of the first things we learn here.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Technology really isn't a good indicator of the advancement of the human species; especially when referring to culture and society.

Civilization is a thin veneer on a still primitive, brutal, savage and tribal species. Fearful of differences both imagined and real.

Being hard wired to fear the unfamiliar and change is a defense mechanism developed when competition to survive was a real issue.

Combine that fear with ignorance and no real inclination to change; we as a species have an almost insurmountable problem.

Our technology has far surpassed our ability to reason in a culturally mature manner. Sadly it will be our undoing and we had such great potential.

In 1k years the remaining humans will look at the remnants of civilization and gaze in wonder....

edit on 18-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I wonder, have you ever been in a situation when you were with people of all colors (as long as you are talking about skin color) and never even for a moment thought about the color of there skin but at the same time thought for some reason they were a jerk someone you did not want to be around?

What I am asking is have you honestly ever been of a mind to condemn someone for the content of there character and the color of there skin never entered into it? I think if you had you would not be so quick to blame all this skin color oriented hatred on "fear". Correct me if I am wrong but fear, genuine fear puts me in an "fight or flight" mode and that's not what I fell when I read or hear the insanity of all this hatred...........I feel "anger" so much so that I just turn it off or quit looking and move on.

In the military where we were all close quartered and depended on each other I had problems with people of all colors as we all do time to time but the point is I never felt it had anything to do with race or "skin color". I can't ever remember even thinking about it.

My point is that in your well written post you harp on "fear" being the motivator for all this hatred being fueled by skin color, fear is the reason we all are acting the way we are..............sorry, I don't agree. It would take a lot more time then I have to explain why it is anger and not fear but at the same time you hit on it a few times and veered away to blame it on fear.

I don't know about you but I can walk away from anger but fear...........................that's another thing all together.

Sorry for rambling, your post was interesting and sparked a lot of different thoughts, but I still feel just like I did many years ago, Just my opinion.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
So tell me folks. Why is it that we can put men on the moon, we can see the far points of the universe, we can send an object to the edge of our own solar system, we can cure diseases, communicate - globally - in real time, we can split the atom, and are beginning to understand the very building blocks of time, space, and creation... We can do all of this and so much more that is beyond amazing and yet we still cannot get past looking at others and making judgements based upon something as meaningless as the color of their skin? That we cannot, as a whole, get beyond such a superficial, external and slight genetic difference is beyond silly. It is absolutely stupid and ignorant.

We can. They can't. Again, another separation that divides humanity.

You are describing two entirety separate demographics. The people who cure disease, communicate globally, and study cosmology are generally not the same people who attend Klan rallies.

It's not like the skinheads and southern "good ole' boys" are out curing cancer. They are in an entirely different world. A world who's long death is not a quiet one.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I know that when I ask "why do you support your govt helping and establishing terrorist groups?" , they answer that these people are killing each other ,they deserve it.

I know that generalization is not true. But I do it so that some western people wake up.

That is one of the reasons I am here.

I am tired of your media beating war drums for years.

I can't stand it.

Your media has been beating war drums for years in middle east.

It is your media , it is your govt which is starting wars and helping minority extremists. It is you that should do something,

No Messiah is going to come out of lies , bloodshed and massacre.

en.wikipedia.org...

maybe this is why what you say about America rings hollow.......the religion of peace, sure it is

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Of course I have been in such situations. Over the course of my life I have had a very diverse range of close friends and tended to be highly social. What you are describing would be more than norm for me than the exception.

In fact I can up the game and say that I have watched people who don't ever appear to have any racial bias suddenly exhibit extreme racial biases if provoked in the right way. Push hard enough and one could have Gandhi screaming racially charged epithets. This is, I think, true for most of us.

My feeling is that in such situations a person is not being racist as much as they are serving a need to be as provocative and over the top as possible.

Thus I do agree that anger is most certainly a trigger for many racial outbursts. But what is at the core of that anger? What is the fuel that the anger is igniting?

In my opinion that fuel is fear. Being white, I can honestly admit that I've heard my elders, my role models growing up, making disparaging remarks about other races... You can't trust 'em, they're out to get you.... They'll smile at you and then steal your job... They want to breed our race out of existence... They hate you because of what happened 200 years ago - never forget that and so forth. I'm utterly positive that such things are true for the vast majority of us to one degree or another.

Those seeds plant deep... and from them grows fear.

Part of my dialogue - both external and internal - is to be very honest and open about it all. I've learned that the things we keep silent are the things that tend to swell up and overtake us.

I think the anger is a product of fear and that the fear is the product of ignorance and flawed information... vague generalizations that seep in and poison thoughts. Just turn on a TV and watch it happening right now. A nation dividing because two people met in the darkness, one lighter skinned than the other - and neither one of them behaved optimally, resulting in a tragic end of a young mans life.

All because, it seems to me, they were seeing each other in racial terms and not purely human terms.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
great thread, heff....

i gotta wonder though, why isn't this in the rant section?

not to bitch, but i started a thread about the zimmerman fad, about how it was nothing but a distraction, and that it was a non issue (meaning that discrimination based on skin color is retarded)...it was an attempt to inject some common sense into the craziness, and try to get people to think, if only for a moment, "hey, wait a minute"

i said a lot of the same things you said here, only you used more words to make your points.......

i placed my thread in the social issues section, where i thought it belonged, where it might be seen, and read.....it got dumped in "rant", because a certain mod thought it didn't belong in social issues, even though it's a bloody social issue....my thread got buried, meanwhile, this one is doing quite well.....and this one is more of a rant than mine was....

again, i don't wanna come off as whiney, or whatever....it's just a bit double-standard....and it's a genuine curiosity....why does this sort of thing happen?
edit on 18-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I guess I'm fortunate that I grew up all over, and often surrounded by many from different cultures and races. I just never got it, and still really don't, so hard for me to comprehend. I could care less if the "genetic" difference was small or large. People are still people, we're all sentient beings, and need to get along. But, the longer we keep seeing racism where it isn't (like the Zimmerman trial or stupid comments made by a celebrity decades ago), and keep certain words as taboo and unspoken, the longer the power of such divisions will remain.

I just have to give the world the same advice I give my kids about things that upset them. Get over it! And move on! It's really as simple as that. (at least in my book).

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I don't agree they saw each other racially. I think that's what the media would like you to think in order to make it controversial.

I come from a place where racial issues are always in your face. You know, the average people couldn't give a damn about it. At work, no one even notices race.

It's only once something happens and makes the news that people start acting funny. They fabricated something which wasn't there a day ago. All of sudden you believe it and you start getting angry about stuff that's never made you angry before. Politicians and the media are mankind's biggest enemies. Never listen to them.

Best just to let it go. I find it funny how the people on ATS suddenly create so many threads relating to race and the Zimmerman case. I don't know if they're trying to justify something, or trying to understand something, or maybe just riding the wave and collecting stars but its certainly not going to change anything until you just stop talking about it.

edit on 18-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Battleline

Of course I have been in such situations. Over the course of my life I have had a very diverse range of close friends and tended to be highly social. What you are describing would be more than norm for me than the exception.

In fact I can up the game and say that I have watched people who don't ever appear to have any racial bias suddenly exhibit extreme racial biases if provoked in the right way. Push hard enough and one could have Gandhi screaming racially charged epithets. This is, I think, true for most of us.

My feeling is that in such situations a person is not being racist as much as they are serving a need to be as provocative and over the top as possible.

Thus I do agree that anger is most certainly a trigger for many racial outbursts. But what is at the core of that anger? What is the fuel that the anger is igniting?

In my opinion that fuel is fear. Being white, I can honestly admit that I've heard my elders, my role models growing up, making disparaging remarks about other races... You can't trust 'em, they're out to get you.... They'll smile at you and then steal your job... They want to breed our race out of existence... They hate you because of what happened 200 years ago - never forget that and so forth. I'm utterly positive that such things are true for the vast majority of us to one degree or another.

Those seeds plant deep... and from them grows fear.

Part of my dialogue - both external and internal - is to be very honest and open about it all. I've learned that the things we keep silent are the things that tend to swell up and overtake us.

I think the anger is a product of fear and that the fear is the product of ignorance and flawed information... vague generalizations that seep in and poison thoughts. Just turn on a TV and watch it happening right now. A nation dividing because two people met in the darkness, one lighter skinned than the other - and neither one of them behaved optimally, resulting in a tragic end of a young mans life.

All because, it seems to me, they were seeing each other in racial terms and not purely human terms.

Im really starting to admire you right now. I can see you realise that we are all the same, and the best way to understand others is to look inside yourself because of that fact. You can see your dark side and not only acknowledge its existence, but analyse it and try to understand it. The honesty of your posts is an example to us all.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I do not think racism is as prevalent as many would want us to believe.

But I do see a lot of statements being classified as racist, when in fact they are not.

For example, is stating the words, "punk thug, hoodie wearin, gangster wannabe," a racist statement or description?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You are no doubt right in your assumption that there are some people full of fear but I believe there are those of us that will not be manipulated into being afraid because of what the haters say or do.

Something that does make me fearful is a situation where I don't know what to do because I may believe there is no one left to fix the problem and I fell helpless ........................this is something I fear everyday anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Racist? No, I don't think so. Catering to known generalizations and stereotypes - thereby potentially implying racist? I think that's arguable.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So an orange person is walking down the street and meets a green person. The green person, in the orange person's opinion is rude and ignorant...so the orange person continues walking. He runs into another green person...same thing. And again...same thing. Eventually after ten such encounters he runs into a green person who is "fine". Not great, not bad...just "fine".

So is the orange person a racist for expecting, based upon his experience, that the next green person he meets...he will likely not like? You know...the way every other creature learns about other creatures, no matter how close they are genetically? The fact is that a long time ago, there were racists (both black and white) who were racist simply because of skin color. But not so much today. Today kids are not raised as "color racists" but instead, they become racists (both black and white) simply from experience.

So maybe we need to change the word "racist" to something else since it is not race that causes the dislike. Maybe something simple like "educated opinion". I can go with that.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I think it begins a worthwhile conversation...

My opinion is this.

I believe the current situation is this. Unless one is willing to accept the whole gangster culture, pants -on-the-ground, hoodie-wearin, pitchfork throwin, bling flashin, business, that one will be labeled a racist, mostly by those who are too sensitive to open THEIR eyes and understand this is a multi-ethnic situation. I am not a racist, or "ethnicist," but I do despise criminal behavior, and, for better or worse, the people who display themselves in this fashion in public are criminally oriented in their behavior.

Now, I want to make further clear the position. There is no such thing as racism. The best it can be is, "ethnicism." There is one human race. Period. Until such time as another "race," is proven to exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
So an orange person is walking down the street and meets a green person. The green person, in the orange person's opinion is rude and ignorant...so the orange person continues walking. He runs into another green person...same thing. And again...same thing. Eventually after ten such encounters he runs into a green person who is "fine". Not great, not bad...just "fine".

So is the orange person a racist for expecting, based upon his experience, that the next green person he meets...he will likely not like? You know...the way every other creature learns about other creatures, no matter how close they are genetically? The fact is that a long time ago, there were racists (both black and white) who were racist simply because of skin color. But not so much today. Today kids are not raised as "color racists" but instead, they become racists (both black and white) simply from experience.

So maybe we need to change the word "racist" to something else since it is not race that causes the dislike. Maybe something simple like "educated opinion". I can go with that.

Thanks! for making sense. I never regarded myself as a racist, but according to "new standards" just disliking
not approving a culture/religion is considered racist where i live, wich makes it impossible to discuss the subject of difference or non approval of sertain cultural trademarks, without being called out as a racist.
I dont dislike religion as such, i would be perfectly fine with not having to be confronted with religion at all.
But sadly thats not the case.
The followers of the religion of peace islam"IRONY" are demanding more and more of their culture to replace mine. Helped by socialist politicians who are afraid of being called racist.
Im not afraid to say that im the biggest racist ever when it comes to religion specifically islam. who demands more and more of my rights and traditions removed to suit their culture.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Good point. The idea of "race" classification is artificial, contrived and ultimately meaningless. The problem is that everyone does it. It isn't just "race", most people make prejudgements about age, clothes, piercings, tattoos, the way someone speaks, diction, colloquialisms, etc... I remember reading somewhere that this is part of some survival mechanism that making quick judgements based on a certain set of criteria was very useful. I don't think we would have survived very long if we always wanted to pet the big kitty with large teeth on the savannah. Personally, I'm trying as best I can to let go of broad prejudgments as best I can. But I suppose if I saw 3 rather large "shady" looking characters in a dark alley, it would be prudent NOT to just go over there with a wallet full of cash and say hi gentlemen. The only answer I see is if we as individuals strive to be at peace with ourselves and with each other. I know this is certainly possible, but since each of us are on our own journeys who knows if the world is ready. But IMO it starts with ourselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hefficide... I'm not going to quote all of your OP, but I must say without reading any further than you have changed the way ANY other post in this topic has come about I thank you for that before going any further. A large matter to many brought into such a small issue of difference. Man... I wish the world could read this OP. I wish this were a piece of a book... or somehow played out in a good movie to simply portray the feelings you've made. Through all of my feeling of disrespect from some... through all of my feeling of little hope... you've made a difference in how I feel. Thank you so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join