It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Music on PC's and Devices...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I want to take the music that I have on my PC and play it on my phone.

I have a Kyocera smart phone.

The built in music player doesn't play all of my music. I've also tried Winamp and
another MP3 downloader / player.

I think it's because some of my music files are MP3, some are MP4 and others are WMA.

Is there a player that will recognize and play all of these formats?

Also, my music files are a mess. Some have a track # listed along with the song name, others don't have
the artist listed, etc.

Is there any kind of program that will clean up these files, so that I don't have to do it manually, one by one?

I'm thinking of buying a Tablet or an MP3 player. Considering a Samsung tablet or the Ipod Touch Mp3 player.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I know this sounds counterintuitive but if you play a song once using iTunes, it will automatically convert it to mp4 and will find cover art and track information for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Ive never heard of that phone. Just find a free program that converts all your music to MP3's. There are 100's to choose from.

Rippers and converters

edit on 17-7-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can't help you with a program for automatically organizing your tracks.

Assuming your phone is an Android device with Google Play Services, you can download Google Play Music. You can either have all of your songs directly on your phones storage, or you can upload them to Google's Cloud with Google Play Music Manager. Once your songs are uploaded to the cloud you can access your library from wherever you're signed into your Google account, PC, tablet, friends phone, your phone, etc. Every song you play on your device from the cloud saves onto your device for offline use.

Supported Formats: support.google.com...

Google Play Music Android Application: play.google.com...

Google Play Music Manager: play.google.com... (Click on "Upload" then "Download Music Manager."

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thanks everyone..... great suggestions...

I've DL'd a converter.... tested a couple of files, so far so good.

I'm deleting all the music off of my phone, starting fresh.
Going to see if once all files are converted to MP3's if they all work on the phone.

I hate google... don't really know why... just do.... don't really want to use cloud anything.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Elevatedone....long time no ban (from chat anyways!)

Download Audacity or any other rip program or converter and convert cd's from .wma to.mp3.
There's tons of programs to convert with...as a few users already suggested.

Other than that...oh yeah a the steelers suck!

top topics

join