It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why were missions to moon stopped?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

So we replaced the moon missions with a shuttle and a piece of junk space station, when we could have had a moon base. That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

There is something on the moon that "they" don't want us to know about.

edit on 18-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Nah they just use really advance tec they dont want us plebs to know about.

That and they are most likley worried certain tec that could be abused will end up in the hands of religius nutz.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unless they are still doing it secretly..

doubt it though..

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The challenge was to land a man on the moon before the USSR. Once they beat the Russians, the general public got quickly bored. It's amazing how jaded we get. Our cell phones are more powerful than supercomputers 20 years ago, and we are like meh, when's the next one coming out?

The US is scaling back on the International Space Station and is quickly cancelling the manned space projects related to Constellation program.

The US doesn't even have the technology to go back to the moon, and it doesn't even have heavy lift vehicles. The new James Webb telescope will be launched on a French Ariane rocket around 2018.

My guess would be that the US sticks to robotic explorers for maybe decades. The military will still be launching satellites for it's own uses. Any surplus US dollars will go the stock markets and banksters.

Manned space flight may continue with the European Space Agency/Russia/ISS, and the Chinese may surprise us.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

Which is why the US military MUST have a classified program otherwise they would be foolish.

No superpower can be so careless than to ignore such a strategic theater.

NASA is just a PR stunt to distract the plebs.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So maybe the moon indeed is valuable for it's resources and/or strategic location.
If that is true, then who can claim it? Could we ever reach concensus about that?
What if TBTB decided to not touch the moon to avoid conflict.
The moon is too valuable for our earth as it is now.
Maybe 'they' (not aliens) decided it was too dangerous to pursue whatever could be gained from the moon and made agreements to leave the moon alone.

Ok, now that I read that back, it seems very unlikely to me.
People/governments/businesses rarely care about the negative consequences while gaining wealth.
Oh well, I guess I'm just a naive idealist sometimes.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by z00mster

Yeah.

Who owns the moon?

The first one to put missle on it thats who

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
I personaly think NASA is just a big PR front.

The real works done by the USAF
And the space program a lot more advanced and extensive than we think but in a militrised way.

They got to the moon did what was needed then shifted the focus on black projects instead while just keeping NASA around to please the public and act as incomptently as possible to hold back civilian space explotation.

No aliens or lizzard people just good old fashioned human greed and power trips.

My theory anyway.
edit on 17-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

You actually think they got to the moon in that tin can? They couldn't get through the Van Allen belt safely without several feet of lead to block the affects of that, and it's not one area, but two belts. I don't think we ever got there in those tin cans. The photographs were back lit which they didn't have the lighting equipment to do that. The rover was too big for the cargo hold, so just how did they drive it up there? Oh, they might have gone there, but not in those crappy tin cans. Why didn't we go back? We never went.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
All that money spent on the ISS, One has to ask themselves why didn't they just build it on the Moon? They could also use it as a base camp for refueling. Most of the fuel is used climbing up through the Earth's atmosphere. It's a no brainer. They are most likely already there because it makes no sense whatsoever to not be. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

"Because Stanley Kubrick died of course. '

Bahahahaaaa, best reply yet!
edit on 18-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: put in quote so you see what was so funny.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
You actually think they got to the moon in that tin can? They couldn't get through the Van Allen belt safely without several feet of lead to block the affects of that, and it's not one area, but two belts.

Yes they did and this has even been explained by Dr Van Allen himself why it's safe.Also a little bit of research would tell you that lead is actually bad shielding for this type of radiation as it can turn it into Xrays,something even more dangerous.Do you know the ISS passes through a small part of it every orbit?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue
I'm surprised how no one has mentioned Ingo Swann on this thread yet ( One of the best remote viewers of all time.), and his book called 'Penetration: The Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy', where he in detail describes what he found/ saw when he was asked to remote view the dark side of the moon. Also why we aren't allowed to go there anymore.

The book is available free and online to read , just google the title. Sorry, I don't have the link at the moment.

I don't know about the validity of the statement "why we aren't allowed to go there anymore."

We have gone back -- although just not with people. The U.S., Russians, Japanese, Chinese, and even India have sent probes to the moon. We have taken pictures of almost every inch of the Moon, and took scientific measurements and collected data. NASA's LRO spacecraft can see objects the size of a beach ball on the Moon.

If "they" (whoever they are) didn't allow us to go back after Apollo, then "they" shouldn't allow us to send probes to study the physical characteristics of the moon in detail and photograph almost every bit of it with high-res images.

It doesn't make any sense.

edit on 7/18/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Probes are fine. They just look at whats on the surface and in the atmosphere.

It's whats inside the moon and who's inside the moon that makes it not ok for humans to go back (any time soon).

Just ask any astronaut that's been there, they'll tell you.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, since some want to believe in the fake Apollo missions, maybe this will help stir the pot for not believing it.

:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As to ever going to the Moon at all, here is my request-

First, we are meant to believe that we really went there, and since we are meant to believe that on the side of the Moon that we can view from Earth a crew a astronauts placed an American flag and left behind some equipment on the surface, then tell me this- can you show me an image taken with one of our high powered telescopes, of the American flag on the moon, and any other things left behind?

I'd like to see that please.

I searched and only found "dots on maps", nothing believable

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Surely they could point the Hubble at it and see the flag, or at the very least the Lander that was left behind? I have asked that question many times. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
ok watched a program last night on h2(history 2) in uk about the new released ufo files
>snip>
i know you say post links and i,ve searched for the program but can,t find it so maybe some1 could help me out and post a link,thanx

Am guessing this would be the 16th July. Looking up History2 schedule for the day, I'd think it could be from any one the following programs:

* 6:00 pm The Universe: Mars: The New Evidence - Episode Guide
In the last few years, the Red Planet has yielded up many new clues that life may have once existed..

* 7:00 pm The Universe: Catastrophes that Changed the Planets - Episode Guide
The planets of our solar system have experienced epic catastrophes throughout their long history..

* 10:00 pm Civilization Lost - I'd doubt this would be the said program.
Around the world, archaeologists are uncovering artifacts that suggest the existence of previous..

If not the ones above, maybe you could look up the weekly schedule below for it.
Schedule for H2 by Date

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradox88

Wow
That was a very informative first post, paradox

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you scream on the moon can anyone hear you? Does sound travel in a vacuum? This video brings a lot of things for one to think about, and consider why they would do this hoax? I think it was about the cold war and outdoing the Russians.

There is debate about the Van Allen belts and much of the net has been scrubbed of the videos that were very good at explaining this and from my memory, Van Allen changed his tune about the belts later in life. Let's say they could get through the belts. It does not change the problems of the photography, sound, wind, same backgrounds etc.. For instance about the 9 min mark a video is shown that was NEVER meant to get out, that shows the astronauts in low earth orbit staging a shot to make it appear they were very far from the earth. The shot was not working well because of the window making an off shaped circle, so they created a new shot making the earth appear partially in darkness to get rid of the problem of that misshapen circle!

This video is very good.

I'll throw in another monkey wrench and also show that we are being lied to about Mars as well. The pictures from Mars are manipulated in color to appear different. Why would they need to do this? Is there something they don't want us to see? Did we put a rover up there or not? I don't know, but the color changes make me doubt the story. There are a lot of threads on here about mars so just do a search. Here is proof of color manipulation.

www.goroadachi.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
1. Manned moon exploration was relatively expensive, and Richard Nixon was getting all kinds of flack from the hippies who wanted the budget money spent on social programs.
2. Nothing of tremendous exploitable commercial value was ever found on the moon, and the amount of science you got for it wasn't determined to be worth the cost.
3. The rocket development advances that helped push the nuclear arms race leveled off to a point of sustainable functionality. We developed rockets that were good enough to blow up the whole world. No need to make them much better.
4. The moon stuff was all John F. Kennedy's idea, and Nixon hated Kennedy with a passion. The protests gave him a good excuse to stop the program.
5. It was also a big propaganda war between Russia and the US. The US won, Russia lost. The end.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Surely they could point the Hubble at it and see the flag, or at the very least the Lander that was left behind? I have asked that question many times. ~$heopleNation

The Hubble is designed to look at things extremely dim and far away. In comparison, the moon is very close and bright. Try to read the small printing on the top of a light bulb when it's on (an incandescent bulb) while holding it an inch away from your face. That's the same kind of problem you get with turning the Hubble toward the moon.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
reply to post by Paradox88

Wow
That was a very informative first post, paradox

Cheers Mate
Yeah have been lurking around ATS right since its early days, though had never bothered to sign up for an account. Guess was about time! Anyways as on the topic for anyone interested, I would highly recommend History's show "The Universe" : Currently in its 7th season and previous episodes can be checked out here or downloaded online.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join