It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Man dives through a chemtrail, and lives to tell his story, but still in shock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Then global dimming and the aerosol optical thickness would be increasing.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

As others have noted there are those of us who remember the sky being actually blue and the sun having a yellowish or golden tinge to it's light, what if somebody is actively altering our atmosphere like a sci fi alien colonisation plan. Sound's far fetched but what if.

I find it amazing that with all the photographs and historical data in existence that nobody can provide anything other than "I remember when" while discussing how blue the sky was or bright the sun was. If it's changed, couldn't someone compare a few pictures to verify?

Or is it just selective memory?
edit on 18-7-2013 by network dude because: bad spelr

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

As others have noted there are those of us who remember the sky being actually blue and the sun having a yellowish or golden tinge to it's light, what if somebody is actively altering our atmosphere like a sci fi alien colonisation plan. Sound's far fetched but what if.

Contrails do alter our weather. Look at how clear the skies got following the flight ban after 9-11.

For several days following Sept. 11, 2001, planes were grounded throughout the United States. Satellite images during that time period show crystal clear skies across the contiguous United States. The clarity, researchers say, stemmed from the absence of jet contrails, and studies during that time period partly confirm what scientists have proposed over the past few decades: Contrails, a form of cirrus clouds, can change climate on short and long time scales.

www.geotimes.org...

The sky would look more blue if we scaled back the number of flights in our skies to that of the past.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You do realise the technology has altered and the old photographic technology was chemical based right so was prone to deteriorate over time, also the very atmosphere of this planet HAS chemically altered due to different parts of the world rushing to industrialise and modernise mainly china and the coal they burn is heavy in sulphur and other compounds, deforestation and massive forest fires as well as global pollution of other types, the CFC's we banned will take decades or even century's to leave the atmosphere, also there has been a record of temperature rise on all planets that NASA has monitored, the sun goes through cycles and it's spectral output may vary slightly from time to time we just don't know.
The water table is polluted with chemicals that cause birth defects and androgenise mammal and reptile species, we even splash chemical cocktails on our skin believing it makes us more attractive to the opposite sex.
So you were saying can it be proved, son the world I was born in was less polluted than this one and guess what it is the same world so yes it can be proven.
If you are looking for spectral analysis of the atmosphere and the sun over the past thirty years taken from various locations around the world well I know of know such undertaking, which is not to say there is none but that I for one do not know of any and any spectral analysis would likely have been taken at high altitude for other purposes so would be useless as the thinner atmosphere would only provide limited DATA.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Yes I agree 100%, I remember seeing only a few contrails when I was a kid but the sky look's like a freight yard these days with crisscrossing contrails heading in all directions, I live between Manchester and John Lennon airports with several smaller light aircraft airfields also in the area.
It would have been nice to see giant graceful airships like ocean liners in the sky as they would likely have caused no damage but well the Hindenburg and the R101 were white elephants in there day and we as a species always seem to be driven by a need for more speed.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a sign of our times. It would be nice to know how much impact contrails have had on our weather. lets face it we do have more extremes today.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Did he get any samples to prove it was a "chemical cloud? No? Well, then there is still no such thing as "chemtrails" until someone gets those samples. I mean, why dive through a "chemical cloud" and not get any samples to test for chemicals?

Must be why "chemtrail" still isn't a real word in 99.9% of all dictionaries in the world.

Why does the semantics matter if it's essentially the same thing?

If he fell through it long enough and it was thick enough to give him all of these symptoms, logically he would have large amounts of it on his clothing and gear and a sample would have been very easy to collect.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Not forgetting the kodachrome effect

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So I guess the world may never know. We can file this along with how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

I am continually amazed at how fantastic some folks memories are. If my name wasn't on my drivers licence, I would probably forget it.

(Oh and not sure if you are a geezer or not, but I am 44. Haven't been called "son" in a while.)
edit on 18-7-2013 by network dude because: bad spelr

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Ha, You are really old, I am one year younger but I am certain, remember though we may live in different neck's of the wood's,. No I really know some of us remember different and from a perspective the eye's may change as we grow older not just in the ability to see detail, remember how bright and interesting everything was when you were small, I suppose that is what the likes of Van Gogh were trying to recapture in part.
But there really has been a massive chemical alteration of the atmosphere including the thinning of the OZONE and as I am sure you know O3 or trioxide also may have an affect on the perceived colour of the sky as well as filtering UV that is now getting through more than it used too.
Some things such as memory are indeed subjective but on this a hell of a lot of people seem to agree.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I guess this and bigfoot will have to go down as "I'll take your word for it". Maybe I just wasn't that perceptive as a kid. In my defense, I did grow up in Cleveland, so rain, snow, and pollution were what I normally saw. Blue skies was something of legend as I recall.

Oh, and I guess you are a geezer.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Maybe a commercial airliner had just recently dumped its toilets while in flight.

That could be a possibility too.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Sort of, Geezer is old cockney slang and I am from up north in Lancashire, but yes I am male, Sorry for calling you son earlier, somewhat embarrassing but worth a laugh.
Were an island though a big one and I liver near the coast so it is possible, what is of interest to me is that someone on that other thread pointed out they believed it happened after 93 and that would correlate with my memory perfectly though we have a lot of rain and overcast sky's here (Not at the moment it is simply hot here - warmer than the Caribbean).

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If Manchester and John Lennon Airports were closed down it wouldn't make any difference to the skies above you, any traffic using either of those would not produce contrails at your location.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

If he fell through it long enough and it was thick enough to give him all of these symptoms, logically he would have large amounts of it on his clothing and gear and a sample would have been very easy to collect.

That is what makes this story so funny, because he could have blown chemtrails wide open.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

The sky would look more blue if we scaled back the number of flights in our skies to that of the past.

Do you understand the difficulty that goes along with that, not to mention what the price to fly would be?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

To be fair, it's no different to chemtrails believers asking us to post photos we took in the 60s and 70s showing contrails - knowing full well that we didn't have digital cameras back then and we took far, far fewer pictures with our film cameras, most of which are since lost and/or not yet scanned onto digital format

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Maybe a commercial airliner had just recently dumped its toilets while in flight.

That could be a possibility too.

no - commercial airliners do not have any ability to "dump" (sic) their toilets in flight.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Contrails do alter our weather. Look at how clear the skies got following the flight ban after 9-11.

Or, in Britain, after the Eyja eruption in 2010 - don't think I've ever seen such clear skies in my life (I'm only 47 btw)

edit on 18-7-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Don't worry a bit about it. Somehow my feelings will heal. It may take some time, but I am strong.

I am thinking there should be some digital images from '93 or around there. Do you remember back when we used these things called Encyclopedias? Maybe some images in there that can be used for comparison. I am not saying you are crazy, only that I don't remember any difference. But if you could illustrate your findings, you might be on to something large. I need to go and figure out where I left my beer at now. See ya.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join