It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Trayvon and Zimmerman for a moment!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I seldom post on ATS, preferring to spend my time lurking and reading, trying my best to avoid directing a hate filed speech at anyone and also trying to avoid having one flung at me. I'm making this thread with the knowledge that it won't succeed in tranquilizing the rage this case, I'm not doing it for that. I'm writing this for me. The death of a young man and the ruining of a life of an older one has successfully started to tear apart our great nation. No matter your view on what did/didn't or what should/shouldn't have happened is all irrelevant. Its irrelevant in the sense that your option won't change the outcome. However it doesn't mean your opinion has no importance, in fact, its what's destroying us. This case isn't the fault of all the tension felt between everyone emotionally in this tragedy, its us. Every single one of us is at fault for the tension and hate being spewed right now, not Trayvon on or Zimmerman. Everyone is so consumed over this that the neighbor they used to be friends with is now their enemy, all the compassion is gone. I beg you, members of ATS, to rise about these negative thoughts. Instead, think of someone important to you, a hero. Think of their deeds, and let that over flow the hate your feeling. I'll get us started. Dick Hoyt. That is my hero. Dick doesn't take the easy way out of things and go with the norm. For any who don't know who this man is, his son is disabled. For his son, he completes many triathlons pushing,pulling,and swimming his son to the finish line. That is a wonderful act of compassion, something we could all use a little more of.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

It's a little odd. I took stock of who some of my heroes are about a week ago. I'm sure that a few more could come to mind, but my initial list included:

Lionel Hampton, Ray Charles, Clarence Thomas, Dr. Ben Carson, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell. I was surprised to realize that they are all Black.

So, I tried to come up with a White list. Peter Kreeft, PhD philosophy, C.S. Lewis, Cambridge Scholar and Professor. All right, that took care of the academics. How about other Whites?

G.K. Chesterton, P.G. Wodehouse, extraordinarily gifted writers.

And from the religious side, Fulton Sheen and the Pope.

So six Black, six White.

Me? My grandparents were born in Europe, my parents were born in Canada, and I was born in the US. Just can't settle down, it seems.

I don't feel hate. Frustration sometimes, discouragement, maybe even irritation in rare cases. No hate here.
edit on 17-7-2013 by charles1952 because: Add line.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That's an impressive list! I do have more, I just haven't taken inventory for a while. Its something I should try to do when I'm having a bad day. There is much joy to be brought to the world through the memory's and current deeds of hero's.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

edit on 17-7-2013 by Sharingan because: nvm

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Oh my, I think I like you very much! Especially with that last sentence Lol. Oh yeah, the uchiha are badass!
edit on 01/08/2011 by Thesickness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Dear Thesickness,

Thank you for starting this thread. It just dawned on me that all of my "heroes" had something significant to say, they said it to the world, and they said it in a fresh and appealing way. I think I'm spending too much time in my head, and have to focus more on my heart.

Shifting to the love side of the ledger, of course everybody's first pick is Mother Theresa. I was reminded recently of Father Damien who set up a leper colony on an island in the Pacific and cared for those suffering with the disease until, as expected, leprosy took him too.

Great thread. Asking "who" is important to you is very similar to asking "what" is important to you. That's something we'd better know about ourselves.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well, I deleted the post because after reading it i thought it was what you didnt want in this thread and didnt want to derail it but thanks...

btw, that sharingan isnt a uchiha one lol.. its Kakashis.

Edit: well techinically it is a uchiha since it came from obito but..
These people wont have a clue what were talking about

edit on 17-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Your quite right, I shouldn't state my opinions of such things in this. Edited. Yeah, that's right! I haven't caught up on the mange in a while now, the designs escape me. Kakashi a and Itachi are Two of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I dont know what chapter you left off on but you should pick up where you left off.. its gotten pretty interesting, I wont spoil to much for you but lots of things have happened and there is a huge war going on now..
Ok, im done with offtopic comments.. sorry

Mangastream

top topics

join