It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold the power of lightning....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Noticed this the other day, in one of the back pastures....

This sucks, as this tree was a LOT of shade for the horses (luckily, they were in for the storm, we always bring them in the stalls in bad weather). Going to take me ages with a chainsaw to clear this up....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

We have a big old tree that was hit a few times like that, but the last storm was a direct hit. It blew the bark off of the tree in a line from top to bottom. It already started to die off. But hey, look on the bright side, lots of fire wood!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This sucks, as this tree was a LOT of shade for the horses

That does suck.

Is there any way to somehow put the thing back up there for the horses.

Fix my Tree

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not really. There are other trees, as you can see....that branch just provided a lot extra.

But hey, look on the bright side, lots of fire wood!

Yeah, there is that, but it's the summer, so not really needed, hehe...(and in FL, not really needed that much in winter). Still, I'll find some uses for it. Just going to take forever and really put a lot of wear and tear on my chainsaw. At least I got a new one a few weeks ago. I guess it will have lots of time to cure though, so come winter, we can fire up the fireplace more often....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Or......you could start a new hobby?

Let us know if you decide to go that route.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was going to say it looked like Chuck Norris was in your neighborhood

Lightening is indeed a powerful occurrence. It also quite amazing the number of times lightning strikes the planet at any given moment.

Oh if I could only harness that power

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I had a front row seat on lightnings power last year..Scary

edit on 18-7-2013 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Pretty damn close. And nice timing to be filming and all.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I new the lighting was getting close as every time it flashed the telephone would ring, so I broke out the camera and got very lucky.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Remember, opportunity knocks, he doesn't call, so never answer the phone in a storm.

My friend was having that happen the other day. Your strike was mighty close. I may have leaked a bit had I been there.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
When this hit took place, it was striking all around us, that's for sure. We have lightning rods on most all of the buildings (the house, the garage, the two stables), but I never really want to see them tested. Cable box kept going out, with the close strikes and power flickers, so we all just played a board game, hehe....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I remember Lightning striking a house i was in...it was so powerful it changed the colour on my undercrackers from pale blue to brown in a instant.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That was a cool video. I live in the lightening capital of the states. Just had my majicjack fried. It even melted the case. Scary!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

I too am in Central FL....

top topics

join