It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are forced to colonize another planet, who will be the first to go???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I want some opinions on this matter from the members here. Who do you think the government will choose to export so to say to other worlds, in order for the earth to have some time to regenerate its sources, or to lighten the load so to speak??? Do you think it will be volunteers??? Or hand picked personal???

Thanks in advance and sorry if somebody already posted this.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Peeder]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Weeelll for one thing the Gov't won't be as involved as you say, because as we speak the Private space industry is in the process of taking off. So probably the answer to your question of Who will go first is pretty easy. The Rich...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the workers that build churches and wallmarts, then government people, then rich people, then micheal jackson and mike tyson (the population of the USA will pay their way), then every 80s Rock band that made a "girly song" along with every last tape, cd, dvd, vcr recording ,record ,poster ,and any other form of their existence.

The poverty strickened of the world will stay behind and fix what they can and when the elite come back we will enslave them to a life of making chocolate muffins(with choloate chips), doing the laundry of everyone from earth and their own, and make them write GOOD tv shows, if they dont do any of these things they will be castrated and givin electroshock therapy and will be made to wear their shoes on the wrong feet. lol

[edit on 9-11-2004 by kessel]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well if the rich do go there they will have to have somewhere to live and be able to eat.
So I think the first people to go will be builders and engineers and the like and I would be very surprised if the military were not involved as they always have their fingers in so many pies !!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kessel
the workers that build churches and wallmarts, then government people, then rich people, then micheal jackson and mike tyson (the population of the USA will pay their way), then every 80s Rock band that made a "girly song" along with every last tape, cd, dvd, vcr recording ,record ,poster ,and any other form of their existence.

That is great!

I'm giving you my last Way-Above for this month, you deserved it!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Cries a horrific victory yell!!

WUUUUOOOOP!!!!!!

thanx! hahaha.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
MEMEMEMEMEMEME! If they want volinteers, pick me! I cant stand all the conservitave in your face believe in my god or you will have a crapy life idiots that are here on earth! Dont care about the danger. Dont care if they send me with food or not. Dont care. Just pick me so I can get off this crappy rock we call earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Special Forces, Marines. Carried by naval submarine crews. No one will remember anything after their tour. The ones who stay offworld will be reported as 'casualties' from one of our many Earthbound conflicts.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kessel
the workers that build churches and wallmarts, then government people, then rich people, then micheal jackson and mike tyson...

The poverty strickened of the world will stay behind and fix what they can and when the elite come back we will enslave them to a life of making chocolate muffins(with choloate chips), doing the laundry of everyone from earth and their own, and make them write GOOD tv shows, if they dont do any of these things they will be castrated and givin electroshock therapy and will be made to wear their shoes on the wrong feet. lol

HAHAHAi wouldnt dought it either.

hahaha You get my pick for way above too.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Scientist, Doctors, Political Figures - leaders... and of course military personell.

now, if they want everyday citizens, sign me up, I'll go...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The young, healthy & wealthy.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peeder

I want some opinions on this matter from the members here. Who do you think the government will choose to export so to say to other worlds, in order for the earth to have some time to regenerate its sources, or to lighten the load so to speak??? Do you think it will be volunteers??? Or hand picked personal???

Thanks in advance and sorry if somebody already posted this.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Peeder]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) The word colonize is not a la mode !

2) We are under strict control - Galactic one !

3)We are stupid to do that! sleep quiet chapo

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Almost certainly engineers and scientists as we would need them to build somewhere for the rest of us to follow them and live in. I wouldnt hesitate in volunteering for that kind of mission though it beats staying on earth for a life time
Seriously though i at least want to go into orbit before i die and as long as i dont die suddenly i think i have a good chance of doing so, and if i dont make it then my ashes will

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
it would e toatly stupid to send stupid people first. if we wer going colonize a new world it would either be 1. for polotical reasons, 2. economic reasons, and 3. start over.

i like to think it is 3 and so im going to elaborate on that

they would send the smartest people there simply becasuse if they sare going to make a new world and right all the wrongs here the poeple would eed to be willing to leave anything and everything behind
do you really think celebs are willing to just get up and leave earth for ever. its would be hard to get back but then again im thinking of a self sufficant colony. any way back to my point. These people would most likely have higher education, be courageous, be inventive, and be willing to leave it all behind simply for the reasons that its a new begining and there is no turning back.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
it would e toatly stupid to send stupid people first. if we wer going colonize a new world it would either be 1. for polotical reasons, 2. economic reasons, and 3. start over.

i like to think it is 3 and so im going to elaborate on that

they would send the smartest people there simply becasuse if they sare going to make a new world and right all the wrongs here the poeple would eed to be willing to leave anything and everything behind
do you really think celebs are willing to just get up and leave earth for ever. its would be hard to get back but then again im thinking of a self sufficant colony. any way back to my point. These people would most likely have higher education, be courageous, be inventive, and be willing to leave it all behind simply for the reasons that its a new begining and there is no turning back.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would be.

At least I hope I would.

They would need a wide range of people. Just look at how many different kinds of skills it takes to keep a country going.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Mizar do you see just one smart around you????

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i think engineers would be first to go. most housing would be pre-fab so you wouldn't need to many workers. you would also have to be healthy and in shape. these are pretty much the requirements for austrnauts anyway. once some infrastructure was set up you would probably start seeing doctors and military. then when it's all up and running they might start to slowly populate it with a very select few. i would imagine they would only take very healhty and in shape people, or people who pay their own way.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Is anyone qualified?

[edit on 12-11-2004 by mockan]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo
Mizar do you see just one smart around you????

what do you mean? if im saying there are no smart people around? or that im implying that im smarter than the average person and i should go or something else thoes are the only 2 i could think of quclky but im not implying either

new topics

top topics

join