It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we ARE Doomed - YOU already forgot PRISM - and the 9 who helped

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

People come here to be entertained. Not to change anything. You would think that the outside world with all these ignorant sheeps is the worse. You are wrong. Ats is the same ignorant disinformed manipulative place as many others. Most here are really just a bunch of hypocrites. They will tell you they seek out the truth but its a lie. They are here to "role play" and make friends with other ignorant hypocrites. Sometimes i like to remember myself how this place is full of people worse than the common sheeps. Worse how? When you are a sheep who think he is not, it is even more deplorable. Who said "ignorants that did not know they were ignorant was the worst and most dangerous"? Yea i know this last sentence describes a LOT of folks here on ats.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The solution to battle the 9 offending companies is to hurt them where there wallet is. Stop using them.
Switch your PC to linux, use software from this site: prism-break.org...,
change phone operator.
That's all we can do.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

People come here to be entertained. Not to change anything. You would think that the outside world with all these ignorant sheeps is the worse. You are wrong. Ats is the same ignorant disinformed manipulative place as many others. Most here are really just a bunch of hypocrites. They will tell you they seek out the truth but its a lie. They are here to "role play" and make friends with other ignorant hypocrites. Sometimes i like to remember myself how this place is full of people worse than the common sheeps. Worse how? When you are a sheep who think he is not, it is even more deplorable. Who said "ignorants that did not know they were ignorant was the worst and most dangerous"? Yea i know this last sentence describes a LOT of folks here on ats.

I have to agree with that,what's worse? a person that has no idea what's going on,or a person that knows exactly what's going on yet turns a blind eye?

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

edit on 18-7-2013 by canDarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
The solution to battle the 9 offending companies is to hurt them where there wallet is. Stop using them.
Switch your PC to linux, use software from this site: prism-break.org...,
change phone operator.
That's all we can do.

Though that site does give many good alternatives to those 9 companies software and it can help but if that's " all we can do" then we are double doomed. Unless everyone uses those resources where it hurts these companies, they will keep on illegally working with the government to steal from us. I think we need stronger options to fight this thing.

I'm a PC Gamer who refuses to touch watered down console games thus I have to use Windows. It's almost impossible to get away from these companies and the apps because for many there is no alternative. The day Linux plays every PC game I throw at it will be the day I leave Windows behind for good.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I completely agree with you on that. The Steam program is getting pretty close to being fully functional on Linux, but there is the issue of DRM that we still have to deal with on that one.

There is also the fact that the NDAA was put back on the table during the Zimmerman trial, but they used it in such a way that so many people were so outraged by it, that not only did it put the NSA leaks in the back of every ones mind, but it also made it easier for them to sneak the NDAA back in. It\'s pretty sad that even a former president is coming out in support of Edward Snowden, and saying that we no longer live in a democracy.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
JohnPhoenix:

Our freedoms are being stolen by the government and companies we are supposed to be able to trust.

With all due respect, John...no! They are not stealing anyone's freedoms, they are just ignoring them, and have legislated 'new' laws to provide a circumnavigation of the one's they cannot touch. Your freedoms are still in place, but can be adapted (by the 'new' laws) to fit any current current crises, which is why there is always a crisis. It is because they maintain an extraordinary set of threats to the security of society that they can wield the new powers which demolish the shield of protection of people's rights.

For instance - and I believe you are not unaware of this, they use 'terrorism' as an ever-present threat, which enables them to invoke and use legislation for 'extraordinary powers', and all the restrictive and draconian measures that go with them...surveillance, secret courts, arrests without warrants and the suspension of habeas corpus, etc, etc. While they maintain the threats against society they are re-engineering society to a corporate global vision.

When people start to complain on the lack of protection their rights afford them, and the lack of protection to their rights, they are told, look, your rights are still in place, but if you fall within certain criteria (i.e., under suspicion of being a threat to society in some way), then you're rights are either diminished or suspended whilst you are under investigation. Most people believe they will not fall within that spectrum of 'certain criteria', and thus do not really care when others do, for whatever reason.

This is not about the installing of a dictatorship, this is about governance through tyranny, and they are entirely different beasts. The general population are not unaware of what's going on, they are not marching lethargically and apathetically into this tyranny with their eyes and ears closed, they are simply ignoring the changes being made to the society they live in, and how it will be governed in the future. People will not react to this until they have no other choice to do so. They will continue to live the selfish life of least resistance, even if it means their children and their grand children will live in a future tyranny of global corporatism,

This is who we are as people of the modern world. We are polarised and fractured by differing and disparate ideologies, but more importantly, by the lack of respect and cherishing of those noble ideas and concepts which provided us with the very foundations of freedoms and liberties, from which we wrote our basic human rights.

Those whom are doing the re-engineering of the modern global world are not stupid. They are not blatantly and brazenly going to take away the people's rights, as that would simply bring anarchy (not revolution) to the streets, and the possible full breakdown of society, something they do not want. No, they are doing it in gradual and incremental steps hidden away in the crises (mechanisms of manipulation) constantly afflicting the world, which puts all countries on the same page, singing from the same song sheet (think of the global financial meltdown - the great equalizer of countries).

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I agree with you , in that I have a windows PC for gaming, but that is all I use it for.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm sure I'll be laughed at for this one, but I'm starting to think this whole NSA, PRISM thing is a load of bull.
I couldn't give a reason as to why we would be getting fed this, but what proof do we have that these entities exist or are operating in the capacity that they say they are?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

hunt down c.e.o.'s of said companys. and hang them publicly
not a solution, but its a start.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Something HAS to give here.

I am now double Pissed at the situation because on Friday the United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
voted to renew an NSA request to continue to illegally record all telephone and internet traffic. See the thread below for details.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think what they did was to wait and see how mainstream America was going to take Snowden's news and if the S*** didn't hit the fan they woild just flip the bird to We The People and say, " screw you, we are going to do it anyway and you can't stop us"

Not proud to be an American. No more. Never, not unless we find a way to fix this.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I empathise completely with the way you feel regarding this predicament.

Trouble is, there is not enough cogency between 'We the People' (of whichever nation) to stop the corrupt Hell-hounds who run the show. There have been several events recently that have demonstrated that people of many Western nations will literally put up with their rights being ripped to shreds. Sadly, the majority of these incidents are in America. You know why? Because you guys are armed, and once the armed Republic falls, then the corporate demons can unleash their fury against all of the West.

They've been trialling this stuff for years - "How far can we push them; how much can we weaken them, before rebellion is the general consensus of the masses?"

When America falls, they will screw the rest of us. And not too many folk will know exactly what I mean by 'they'. Heck, I don't quite know who they are. But they don't represent Decency & Humanity, do 'they'..??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join