It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we ARE Doomed - YOU already forgot PRISM - and the 9 who helped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This may turn out to be a rant.

I got my ATS hand slapped for making a thread around the 4th of July about the 9 companies who helped Prism illegally obtain private information from it's users. I suggested a few courses of action that was against ATS rules. ( it's in the Trash Bin) My account had a posting freeze on it until me and the Mods can work it all out.. This took a good week with the 4th of July and other things happening. ( Kudos btw to Don't Tread on Me for working with me) This is my attempt to bring back the subject without breaking the ATS rules.

The first thread was meant to ask the questions " What should we do about these 9 companies? How should we treat them in this matter? Should they be held accountable? "

At this point what horrifies me most of all is, in a week and a half no one is talking about Prism any longer. No one is talking about these 9 companies and their role in this.

Here is the situation.

We have a government that got busted illegally obtaining private user data from Verizon phone networks. There are an additional 9 companies who admit they do work with the government to illegally steal our private info. (including Verizon)

They are

“Collection directly from the servers of these U.S. Service Providers: Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.”
www.washingtonpost.com... ebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html

If you study how PRISM works and how they have the equipment in place to record our data from major internet trunk lines you learn they have been doing this for YEARS since 2007 at least and they do record EVERYTHING.

This means that all data going through any one of these companies products IS going to get recorded. They have the equipment, they have the storage space, the ability to record it all and they are doing it - Right Now as you read this. I'd wager that since Verizon was involved, all other major telecommunications companies are involved too. The Prism system doesn't just record internet traffic but all telephone traffic too.

There is a 20 billion dollar class action law suit against these 9 companies to stop this from happening again.
www.usnews.com... als I wish them good luck. Yet with the news that even Supreme Court Judges are getting bribed by the Government (www.abovetopsecret.com...) can we really count on this lawsuit to do any good?

This complacency is what the Government is counting on. They WANT The people to forget Prism. These 9 companies want YOU to forget their crimes, ( and I do consider them traitors to We the People. Personally as The Government of We the People, ( if the system actually worked) I think the FED should shut down or take over these companies as traitors and freeze all their finances and give that money back to We The People for compensation for their crimes. That's what I'd do, what I think the ruling government Should do if it was not corrupt like it is - too bad our government is not an ally of We The People and our Constitution.

How can we have such faulty memories that will allow this illegal activity to continue? I urge people not to forget and just let the Government bury this under a rug.

* This is possibly the most serious issue we face as a nation. What comes of this now will determine how our corrupt government will treat We The People in the future. Our freedoms are being stolen by the government and companies we are supposed to be able to trust -

Now I can't suggest a direction to go or organize anything on ATS but I ask you, if it were up to you,

What do you think should be done about this situation? - How do we fix it before it's too late?
edit on 17-7-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If you think that is bad, look at this;

link

If you ask me, they seem to be in a hurry. 23d of December this year is approaching like a bull on fire and the 100 year contract between the Federal Reserve Bank and the people of the USA expires. That means no more free money to their various nefarious activities. So they try to put up something like this instead.

Its like a nightmare hydra. You cut off one head, two new appear.

edit on 17-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What do you really think the people ever stood a chance against the dis info campaign of the United States? They have been fine tuning it for years.

Do you think the Zimmerman trial was that important for it to be plastered all over the MSM 24/7?
I mean at this point there is more attention over whether or not Snowden is a traitor.

Going after the real crooks , hell no.

And yes ATS is is quite guilty at this behavior. I will repeat this in every post I make about this whole prism deal. IF ATS has such a gripe against this system then, please explain those two banners next to the forum. Why hasn't there been a rant over it?.

I wish I could make such a thread, but shamefully the truth is my grammar skills lack to bring out the punch.

And besides, we can't actually do anything with the collective of ATS, its against TAC.

Kudos for you OP

S&F.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I certainly haven't forgotten. But the MSM programming is working really well. I had an hour long debate with my grandmother about this very topic last week.

She was pooh-poohing the whole situation, and spewing the party line of "everyone already knew that, and that man was a traitor" blah blah blah.

Of course, my position was along the lines of "Just because everyone knows it grandma doesn't make it any less illegal!"

But seriously, all the people who still look at MSM news like some kind of factual resource is being completely programmed and brainwashed on this.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think the Zimmerman case is being blown up by the media to make us forget about Prism and Snowden. The MSM machinery is ruthlessly efficient at such misdirection. If that fails they will have a backup plan, I assure you. Should the outcry over Trayvon Martin begin to die down something new and probably awful is going to happen. I"m a bit leery over the Boy Scout Jamboree in WV myself. The whole deal looks like a bad setup (on Bechtel land, limited access, FEMA and National Guard exercises going on at the same time).

The best way to protest these companies is by not supporting them in any way. That is really our only safe option at this point as protests get beaten down and ignored by the media. I appreciate you keeping this front and center in the public eye as it should be. This is the worst depredation of our rights collectively ever done by government.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Pretty good subject...

But the links are jarbled.....

here they are....

WP article

USNews article

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Thanks, That's scary indeed. It's a good thing I don't use a bank or any credit cards. It's hard for most people to make the transaction to cash. Wal-mart cash cards will help if you need to buy something deemed safe for the government to know about online or through a vendor who only takes plastic. The trick is getting paid in cash and or having to liquidate all your non safe ( Ie Bank) money and plastic to cash you then remove completely from a bank.

I found this interesting

the 100 year contract between the Federal Reserve Bank and the people of the USA expires.

Really.. and who is in charge of renewing this contract Congress? Do We The People get a say? It will be heavily argued that if the contract is not renewed our whole financial system will collapse. We don't have a new monetary system in place or a way to convert our money to said new currency. This is our failure and shortcoming. No one will want to lose money so unless something major happens we are stuck with these crooks.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Dude
I've not logged in now for nearly 2 weeks
And made subtle little differences to some of my communication habits due to some recent confirmations and revelations
But had to for you

Not sure if you saw this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

When it came and went

And a question I asked .....that took 2 days after the discussion had died for a mod to reply to

As you said
.....doomed

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Pretty good subject...

But the links are jarbled.....

here they are....

WP article

USNews article

Thanks. They worked fine for me when copying and pasting them in my browser to test while creating the thread. . This is a problem i had recently too. Don't know what the heck is going on with my SeaMonkey browser but I'll look into it. I'll try to correct them in the Op too is I can.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Wow I S&F that thread of you who attended. Says much. I like your Style!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I did see that thread.. I think I posted in it or one just like it.. I think the Restore the 4th was a good idea but I think the organization was done in haste too close to the 4th. Not a lot of states participated or they didn't get local people interested in organization. I'll bet if they work on it hard all year with campaigns in every state they will get good traction next year. I do hope they keep at it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

ATS members knew

Don't do that for them/us
edit on 17-7-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Best advice to give(as mentioned in on of those threads), I'd guess then is promote the alternatives, as difficult as it is to find decent services as of yet-waiting on Startmail for example.

Hey, didn't catch that one-Post your... www.abovetopsecret.com... thanks for sharing it. Made one myself: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Similar to your thread, but did have a reply.

edit on 17-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

SnF for that and to the other poster that attended one
But you'll forgive me if my faith is not restored

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Thanks, s&f as well, to help.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's more than the 9 companies and it'll continue to grow and grow.

As long as you have any sort of electronic signature, you have the potential to be tracked.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If you ask me, they seem to be in a hurry. 23d of December this year is approaching like a bull on fire and the 100 year contract between the Federal Reserve Bank and the people of the USA expires. That means no more free money to their various nefarious activities. So they try to put up something like this instead.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble johncarter, but there is no 100 year charter with the Federal Reserve, it is renewed indefinitely. This has been circulated many times over, and it is not true. Here is what the law says:

According to Section 4, part 2 of the Federal Reserve Act, 1913, it says of each of the 12 privately owned Federal Reserve Banks:

“To have succession for a period of twenty years from its organization unless it is sooner dissolved by an Act of Congress, or unless its franchise becomes forfeited by some violation of law.“

Since the Federal Reserve Board’s site shows that all 12 original Federal Reserve Banks are still in operation, their 20-year charter must have been extended.

A 20-year charter was also granted to the First and Second Banks of the United States, and both had their charter terminated. Yes, there was a time when privately owned central banks had time-limited charters, and for good reason, due to the havoc they caused.

12 U.S.C. § 341 : US Code – Section 341: General enumeration of powers shows:

“Second. To have succession after February 25, 1927, until dissolved by Act of Congress or until forfeiture of franchise for violation of law.“

Again, since the Federal Reserve Board’s site shows that shows that all 12 original Federal Reserve Banks are still in operation, this provision was either changed with some other time limit, or was never changed.

Source

February 25,1927 was when the Pepper McFadden Act was passed, which gave the Federal Reserve bank the above power of having to be dissolved by Congress, or violation of the law. If you can prove that they have violated the law, and really prove it without disappearing or being drowned in legal fees, it would be possible, but highly doubtful.

It's not your fault, I believed this to be true at one point also, only to be disappointed that it can only be changed by an Act of Congress, which is not going to happen anytime soon.

~Namaste
edit on 17-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: oops

edit on 17-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I think the Zimmerman case is being blown up by the media to make us forget about Prism and Snowden. The MSM machinery is ruthlessly efficient at such misdirection.

Right on the money, I could not have said it better myself. For some reason the herds of idiots fall for it every single time, even when they don't even know all the facts. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Put simply

"unless its franchise becomes forfeited by some violation of law."

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The attention paid to the Zimmerman case has been beyond ridiculous. Its almost as if MSM is pushing our buttons on purpose, waiting to see how long before we snap. Part of me is not surprised by the complete dismissal of Snowden and PRISM in the news, but I still hate to see it. The things that we should obsess over are given a 30 second clip at best.

reply to post by Asktheanimals

Gosh I hope not, my dad is working on that campsite the whole month of July (he works for the production company, not BSA)
But what you say is true about the limited access. There's only one way in and out, and you essentially have 40,000 kids in tents with a bunch of volunteers that freak out over the smallest of things, so anything past a rain shower would not be good because I highly doubt BSA onsite management could handle much of anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join