It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Invisible alien probes “could already be” in our solar system

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
We don't need MAGIC or a philosophical discussion on what's possible to explain invisibility. We can already make stuff invisible, for real, today.

In 2006 David Smith of Duke University developed a metamaterial that could bend microwaves around an object, making it invisible in that wavelength. In 2012 Nathan Landry, also at Duke, refined the material to include visible light. It is a very common knowledge scientific concept these days. Here is one article of many you can find online.

www.forbes.com...

I have read other articles of materials that can bend sound waves as well. Pretty cool.

Try to keep an open mind folks.

That's not to say there is proof of alien probes around, but yeah, it can be done by us, why not them?

The Black Knight satellite stories are always interesting. Some can be found here on ATS.

edit on 18-7-2013 by kmb08753 because: Too many "bend"s

edit on 18-7-2013 by kmb08753 because: Wow, I need a better virtual keyboard

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Interesting thread, full of assumptions but not without reasoning. Of course we are currently working on invisibility technology with some successes for what could theoretically be considered a very short time for any civilization in the universe.

It is possible, would love to see any kind of evidence though but for the moment I think we need to concentrate on exploring our own galaxy in much more detail.These ideas are great though, who knows maybe someone will really take it to heart and develop new means of detection that could lead to some surprising discoveries, many probably completely unrelated to this.

We do have a multitude of evidence, no proof yet, but lots of evidence that seems to imply a far more advanced life that may be visiting us. Including many widely reported sightings that could not be explained away from any traditional means.

Nice thread, anything that makes us question anything can only benefit us. To me the truly intelligent person is someone who realizes how little we actually know. What we think we understand constantly changes as one poster effectively pointed out saying how a while ago an atom was the smallest known object. Of course it never was actually the smallest thing, our understanding was limited as it probably is for almost everything right now.

We keep learning but I would love to be around in 300 more years to realize how ignorant we really were.

edit on 18-7-2013 by inquisitive1977 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by inquisitive1977 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
They don't even need to be 'invisble' in our sense of the word, just small , dark and further out than near Earth orbit!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleVinnys

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Ok then let me say - I was addressing the ones that are clearly ignorant. I am not speaking on behalf of all but there are lots who would not think outside the box. The point is, one should always put things with a question mark as long as there is possibility.

Example: We have lots of UFO cases, are aliens here? No one can say yet but is it possible out of all these cases to have something true? Why not? Then if there is such possibility, why not have an invisible probe.

IMPOSSIBLE argument!
I could just as easily say there are invisible pink elephants in my bedroom.
OK, go ahead and prove me wrong.

I do have proof, as every once in a while there's a bad elephant-dung smell, ha, ha!

I specially emphasized on one very important thing - t he current existing data, clues,. cases evidence. If you had that many cases for a pink elephant I could say it's possible. Why don't we see any whistleblowers or Snowden-s talking about pink elephants and yet we see about the topic of ufos?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I'm sorry, but this report is silly. God of the Gaps in Ancient Alien form. Why can't we detect these alien probes? Um... because they're made of magic!

What is more, they are even invisible!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I'm sorry, but this report is silly. God of the Gaps in Ancient Alien form. Why can't we detect these alien probes? Um... because they're made of magic!

What is more, they are even invisible!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by JimOberg

Notice the wording.....COULD already be.....Which means they found something and are buttering us up....Maybe?

No, could

As in, you could get knocked down by a runaway steam engine whilst walking to the library tomorrow.

It doesn't mean you will

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by JimOberg

Notice the wording.....COULD already be.....Which means they found something and are buttering us up....Maybe?

No, could

As in, you could get knocked down by a runaway steam engine whilst walking to the library tomorrow.

It doesn't mean you will

It could also mean they have found something, to rule that out without evidence is premature until they either give us evidence one way or the other to prove if they do or don not have something as well all know by now... absence of evidence is not...............

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join