It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting... cross dressing camp for children.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

And you think that is, in some way, the same as this??? Did you see the pictures of those boys? Do they look like they're being forced or unhappy?
edit on 7/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Disgusting ?

More disgusting is to see hypocrytes who blame religion come here and comment other way.

reply to post by FlyersFan

reply to post by winofiend

Hyporytes are the same color in any religion or group.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just because they go to this camp doesn't mean they will have to do it forever you know.

People grow out and into phases as they age. This is just something they will learn like anyone else.

The problem here is it doesn't adapt to YOUR perceptions of what's cool therefore it must be disgusting,
which is even more disgusting ironically lol

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

the kid in the picture certainly looked like he was being himself ... or is that only allowed when it falls into your paradigm?

Sorry, I had a friend whose little brother enjoyed dressing up in girls clothes from a very early age ... your attitude would dictate preventing him from expressing himself, as you don't like it.

See, your underlying bias is very transparent; no reason to call you on it, because anyone with eyes can see.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by butcherguy

And you think that is, in some way, the same as this??? Did you see the pictures of those boys? Do they look like they're being forced or unhappy?
edit on 7/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

It could be.
I don't have any photos of him dressed as a girl when he was a child.
Isn't it possible that he looked happy when his mom dressed him up?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

what a slippery slope ... equal rights for consenting adults, and kids playing dress up = pedophilia and protecting predators.

Great thing religion has always been the greatest beacon of purity ... oh wait

See, when you want to just take swings in the air, it must go both ways. I don't think every priest is a pervert boy toucher, or do I think any sane person of the church condones it or wants to legalize it.

So, take your hate speech elsewhere. I don't care if two women or men love each other, or if 3 or 10 women and men love each other ... that will never lead to beastiality or pedophilia legalization or marriage; just like the few perverted priests doesn't equal Catholicism legalizing sex with underage boy tigers.

Your morals lie within how you treat each individual you meet. You must show your neighbor love. You must turn the other cheek. You must live by example. You must do good works. Practice what you preach. Understand humanity. Equality is just that, not being divisive and hateful. You don't have to like everyone to respect their rights and freedoms. Those rights and freedoms don't extend to non-legal entities. An animal cannot give consent, neither can someone under the legal age of consent.

Because you have no foundation, you must feel weak; and the weak and scared lash out randomly and without focus. You shouldn't fear though, once you free yourself from hate and bigotry, you will know what it is like to really live and find love.

I'm straight. I have a kid. If anyone touched my child, they would suffer greatly. So, sorry if that contradicts your per-conceived notions of who I might be because I stand up for freedom and equality.

I will love my child if they were homosexual, I'd love them if they were a cross-dresser. I'd love them if they were straight. I'd love them if they were a genius or an idiot. Just like I respect my neighbor the same way. I may not like everyone, or their choices, but as long as they aren't violating somoene else's personal space/rights, I respect and support them; hence why I cannot respect and support those who hate and discriminate ... the bigoted people who want to deny others of freedoms just because someone makes a different life choice than they do ... and then tries to belittle humanity with bull# statements with false causalities.

Good day sir/madam.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

what a slippery slope ... equal rights for consenting adults, and kids playing dress up = pedophilia and protecting predators.

Great thing religion has always been the greatest beacon of purity ... oh wait

See, when you want to just take swings in the air, it must go both ways. I don't think every priest is a pervert boy toucher, or do I think any sane person of the church condones it or wants to legalize it.

So, take your hate speech elsewhere. I don't care if two women or men love each other, or if 3 or 10 women and men love each other ... that will never lead to beastiality or pedophilia legalization or marriage; just like the few perverted priests doesn't equal Catholicism legalizing sex with underage boy tigers.

Your morals lie within how you treat each individual you meet. You must show your neighbor love. You must turn the other cheek. You must live by example. You must do good works. Practice what you preach. Understand humanity. Equality is just that, not being divisive and hateful. You don't have to like everyone to respect their rights and freedoms. Those rights and freedoms don't extend to non-legal entities. An animal cannot give consent, neither can someone under the legal age of consent.

Because you have no foundation, you must feel weak; and the weak and scared lash out randomly and without focus. You shouldn't fear though, once you free yourself from hate and bigotry, you will know what it is like to really live and find love.

I'm straight. I have a kid. If anyone touched my child, they would suffer greatly. So, sorry if that contradicts your per-conceived notions of who I might be because I stand up for freedom and equality.

I will love my child if they were homosexual, I'd love them if they were a cross-dresser. I'd love them if they were straight. I'd love them if they were a genius or an idiot. Just like I respect my neighbor the same way. I may not like everyone, or their choices, but as long as they aren't violating somoene else's personal space/rights, I respect and support them; hence why I cannot respect and support those who hate and discriminate ... the bigoted people who want to deny others of freedoms just because someone makes a different life choice than they do ... and then tries to belittle humanity with bull# statements with false causalities.

Good day sir/madam.

The OP and the article linked made NO mention of equal rights for consenting adults. It is about children.

I and the OP never mentioned any religious opinion (except perhaps in their sig), that is also your inference only.

I am not at all concerned with gender biases in regard to the OP.

My concern is the age of the children.

You (and others) are not even addressing the actual issue and have missed the point.

edit on 17/7/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

I think its a good idea and kids know who they are when they are 4 years old

You're joking right? At 4 they can barely form a coherent sentence...let alone "know who they are". Once in the teens, if a kid feels he/she identifies more with another gender, that's one thing, but this is WAY too soon to be encouraging such behavior. At 4, they simply haven't had enough life experience to make such decisions....

Yes...I agree the children are too young as yet. This camp is catering to children who are simply too young to know as yet; and their parents should know better than to bring them there.

Wrapping a baby in a blue blanket?? Too young according to you. Dressing your toddler in pink? Too young to be having gender forced on them according to you.

Lets be fair, this means we need gender neutral clothes and toys for all children deemed "too young", otherwise you a forcing the gender of your choice on them. The child should choose, not the parent, and this includes religious bigots - that way suicides would plummet.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Note also that the camp is only for boys (hardly gender inclusive).

Are we going to bow so much to "political correctness" that we cannot see that if the parents were accepting of alternate 'expressions' of self, they would simply allow it in the safety & privacy of their home. Why do they need to create a special "accepting place" at all?

The agenda is transparently obvious.

edit on 17/7/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Hi Winofiend. I'm joining late so if someone has asked you this, just direct me to the page where you answered.

What would you do if your son decided that he liked pink toys and girls clothes? What age would you stop forcing your concept of his mental gender on him? What age would he be allowed to "choose" for himself on such an important issue? Perhaps you should make him wait until he is old enough to drive, or vote, or drink? Seriously, I would like to know what you would do in that hypothetical situation. My questions are pointed, but they are asked in earnest none the less.

In Humanity,
Daniel

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

What is morality?
What is the function of morality?
Does man need morality?

In Humanity,
Daniel

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I understand disagreeing with it, but I fail to see how it is disgusting. Logically it makes sense to me if a child that young is subject to ridicule, teasing, bullying, ect.. all because they want to wear something that is socially different from what everyone tells them is normal.

However, as a mom I see a huge problem with one thing here. They are talking kids around the age of 4 ish correct? 4 year olds are not in school around here so it is the parents responsibility to make sure that no one is ridiculing them to begin with. If it is family that is the problem then it is the parents fault for allowing their child to be ridiculed or bullied in any way shape or form. Why on earth would you need to send a child that young away to some camp for something that the parents should be providing is beyond me. It is probably also a good lesson to teach our kids that there are certain times for certain things. We all dress a part for certain situations and that hardly makes us less of ourselves for it. If I am in a business setting then I dress in business attire. If I am at the gym, I dress in gym attire. When I sleep I wear pajamas and so on, you get the idea. There is a time and a place for everything in our lives, it doesn't have to be an all or nothing expression of ones self. I think that if more kids learned this idea then they would be better equipped to handle the world around them.

That said, I still have no problem with kids wearing what they like. If one of my four sons wanted to wear a dress and loved pink frilly things, then so be it. Regardless what my kids wear, it is my job to protect them from ridicule, teasing, bullying, ect.. ESPECIALLY at very young ages.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

You (and others) are not even addressing the actual issue and have missed the point.

You will notice that a lot of posters are deflecting the issue by either bringing up religion... or resorting to some emotional blackmail to make it look like people raising an eyebrow over the camp are heartless.

The point is that there are some agenda driven people/groups that are orchestrating all of this... to mold young minds into accepting transvestism as normal. They are redefining the very concept of gender to suit their agenda.

Even if pre-pubescent kids are doing this sort of thing at home, they are most probably doing it playfully or are imitating something they saw on TV or movies, which is at heart an innocent thing. But gay groups use this as an opportunity to inject the idea that the kid is going to grow up to be "gay", which is exactly what that camp is working towards.

edit on 18-7-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

I understand disagreeing with it, but I fail to see how it is disgusting. Logically it makes sense to me if a child that young is subject to ridicule, teasing, bullying, ect.. all because they want to wear something that is socially different from what everyone tells them is normal.

Whats disgusting is that there are these groups encouraging children to engage things that most humans on the planet find abnormal... just so they sit well with some fringe groups.

Also, its not always about letting children do everything they feel like doing. That's not how it works. If your kid insisted on wearing a superhero costume to a formal event, would you allow it? Like you say, there are certain times for certain things... there are also specific things for specific genders.

There's nothing wrong in parents exercising discipline to put their kids on the right track. Believe it or not, it is possible for a parent to love their son without encouraging them to wear clothes meant for girls.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

You will notice that a lot of posters are deflecting the issue by either bringing up religion... or resorting to some emotional blackmail to make it look like people raising an eyebrow over the camp are heartless.

The point is that there are some agenda driven people/groups that are orchestrating all of this... to mold young minds into accepting transvestism as normal. They are redefining the very concept of gender to suit their agenda.

Even if pre-pubescent kids are doing this sort of thing at home, they are most probably doing it playfully or are imitating something they saw on TV or movies, which is at heart an innocent thing. But gay groups use this as an opportunity to inject the idea that the kid is going to grow up to be "gay", which is exactly what that camp is working towards.

In a previous post, I pointed out (via a link to a Wikipedia article) an organization that has this specific stated agenda.

The post was removed as an "extreme T&C violation" - twice, for exactly the same post.

It would appear that I am not allowed to respond as unambiguously as my conscience dictates.

edit on 18/7/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by MaMaa

Whats disgusting is that there are these groups encouraging children to engage things that most humans on the planet find abnormal... just so they sit well with some fringe groups.

Also, its not always about letting children do everything they feel like doing. That's not how it works. If your kid insisted on wearing a superhero costume to a formal event, would you allow it? Like you say, there are certain times for certain things... there are also specific things for specific genders.

There's nothing wrong in parents exercising discipline to put their kids on the right track. Believe it or not, it is possible for a parent to love their son without encouraging them to wear clothes meant for girls.

That you find it abnormal and even care shows what kind of mind/awareness/moral compass you have. You are proving with hate and duality that you are not ready yet. The religious/mask of morality excuse will not fly and everyone can see thru it on all levels both humans and other unspecified ONES.

edit on 18-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

That you find it abnormal and even care shows what kind of mind/awareness/moral compass you have.

If certain agenda driven groups "care" about this enough to hold such camps molding kids minds to blindly accept whatever is projected on to them... then it shouldn't be a problem with people on the other side of the fence "care" enough to point it out.

You are proving with hate and duality that you are not ready yet. The religious/mask of morality excuse will not fly and everyone can see thru it on all levels both humans and other unspecified ONES.

As usual, the word "hate" is dropped like a magic spell, as if it renders invalid the points raised by those who disagree with what they are doing.

And as usual, the "religions" of those questioning these activities are brought up, like as if that is supposed to somehow discount their stance on the matter. If I wanted to make a religious matter out of this, I could have easily done so in the subforums designated for religious discussion.

If anybody is wearing a mask, its those looking to destroy traditional values recognized across the world, under various pretexts. They know fully well that the masses would gobble up anything as long as its candy coated and attractively packaged.... while casting in negative light those who oppose it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Also, its not just taking place in those camps. This madness is making its rounds in schools as well.

Some school decided to make their pupils dress up as the opposite sex.
link

If it isn't for conditioning young minds to accept this as normal, then what purpose does it serve?

I always imagined schools were for meant kids to learn science, literature, math etc. But now, they seem to be working as propaganda stations to serve specific agendas.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

So do you have experience with trans people? have you had friends with gender disorder? I do know what I'm talking about.

Yes, in fact, I do (including a close relative). And I can tell you that NEITHER of them had any inkling about it before they were in double digits of age.

So, don't presume to tell me what I do or do not know please.
Sure, there will be signs when younger (that are clearer with hindsight), but to actually KNOW and have some well-defined idea of that identity, at age 4? Please.... Yeah, there is some denial going on...but not where you think...

Maybe I'm just crazy, in thinking that MAJOR LIFE AFFECTING DECISIONS shouldn't be made by 4 year olds...but somehow, I'm thinking I'm in the majority here....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join