It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting... cross dressing camp for children.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I think its a good idea and kids know who they are when they are 4 years old plus it will stop bullying and name calling as they will feel safe there. Why are you judging them? Get on with your own life stop worrying about other people.

Do you honestly believe 4 year olds know who they are? There 4 they don't even know what they like to eat yet or what music they like to listen too.

They have never even had a social life or gone to school. How the hell can they know they are gay or cross-dressers

I did not like girls when I was 4 does that make me gay?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

I think its a good idea and kids know who they are when they are 4 years old

You're joking right? At 4 they can barely form a coherent sentence...let alone "know who they are". Once in the teens, if a kid feels he/she identifies more with another gender, that's one thing, but this is WAY too soon to be encouraging such behavior. At 4, they simply haven't had enough life experience to make such decisions....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

They want to go to these camps its not the parents who are making them go. If they are happy there let them do what they wanna do.

They also want eat cookies all night and stick their fingers in electrical sockets, take their clothes off in public, throw a fit in the grocery store and run with scissors

Should we let them do that stuff as well?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Do you ever get the impression that people are trying to make children
grow up faster? I wonder what ever happened to letting children have a
childhood?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

No kidding, right? Should be watching Sesame Street and eating paste like a normal frickin' kid....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Yes I do honestly believe that kids know who they are at a young age as I've got friends with gender identity disorder and they knew who they were at age 4 upwards. They have been through denial due to peer pressure and bullying also parents not believing them. So please you don't know anything about Trans gendered people.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

So do you have experience with trans people? have you had friends with gender disorder? I do know what I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Have you ever raised any children?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

No and what the hell is that suppose to matter? I have friends who have told me about their childhood also their family too.

Edit: its ripped them apart as the family don't understand and think its a phase. Whereas my friends suffered in a different body since they were little.
edit on 7/17/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No and what the hell is that suppose to matter? I have friends who have told me about their childhood also their family too.

Edit: its ripped them apart as the family don't understand and think its a phase. Whereas my friends suffered in a different body since they were little.
edit on 7/17/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

it matters because when you raise children and see them at 4 and then at 5 and then 11 13 16 19 you realize that they change in so many ways

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I can never have children its just one of those things and I have lots of gay and transgendered friends who have told me that they knew since early age what they are ie boy trapped in a girls body or girl trapped in a boys body. They said that they wanted to live their life as their true gender but due to bigots and bullying also lack of knowledge they couldn't and had to endure pain and misery till they become old enough to do something about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe if the parents actually saw that the child was unhappy and actually asked them what's the matter they would know. Also the parents shouldn't ignore their suffering and went to a gender clinic for kids then that child would be able to have a normal life in their true gender.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by goou111

I can never have children its just one of those things and I have lots of gay and transgendered friends who have told me that they knew since early age what they are ie boy trapped in a girls body or girl trapped in a boys body. They said that they wanted to live their life as their true gender but due to bigots and bullying also lack of knowledge they couldn't and had to endure pain and misery till they become old enough to do something about it.

I believe you and I'm sure most people who are transgender probably knew they were when they were very young

But that doesn't mean every 4 year old boy that puts on a dress is destined to be trangender

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by goou111

I believe you and I'm sure most people who are transgender probably knew they were when they were very young

But that doesn't mean every 4 year old boy that puts on a dress is destined to be trangender

I agree with you and I only meant the ones who knew what their true gender was not every boy wearing a dress will be TG.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I never said that every 4 year old boy will be TG only the ones who know that their true gender if that makes any sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Originally posted by Gazrok
You're joking right? At 4 they can barely form a coherent sentence...let alone "know who they are".

Gender Spectrum

Is my child gender nonconforming?

Our children are who they are, despite what gender was assigned to them at birth. Some children may already have an intuitive sense that their personal gender identity does not align with their assigned gender. Your daughter may say she is really a boy; your son, a girl. Your child may articulate this at age 4, 14, or even 24.
When your 18 month old girl’s first words are “me boy” or your two year old son insists he is a girl, and these responses don’t waver over the next few years, you can be pretty sure that you have a transgender child.
For some children, expressing gender nonconformity may be a phase; for others, it is not. The longer a child has identified as cross-gendered, the easier it becomes for a parent to answer this question themselves. The answer may become clearer over time. Regardless of the eventual outcome, the self-esteem, mental well-being, and overall health of a gender nonconforming child relies heavily on receiving love, support and compassion from their parents.

I know it's easy to think you know about this subject, but the truth is, unless you've studied it, you don't. It doesn't matter if you have kids or not. What matters is what has been discovered about transgendered kids.

Really, education is the answer.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I think its a good idea and kids know who they are when they are 4 years old

You're joking right? At 4 they can barely form a coherent sentence...let alone "know who they are". Once in the teens, if a kid feels he/she identifies more with another gender, that's one thing, but this is WAY too soon to be encouraging such behavior. At 4, they simply haven't had enough life experience to make such decisions....

Yes...I agree the children are too young as yet. This camp is catering to children who are simply too young to know as yet; and their parents should know better than to bring them there.

I think the camp in itself is ok to encourage (self-esteem) for people who feel they were born in the wrong body; but I also think that the age should be raised to children in their teens; then they are old enough to really know.

You know...when I was little we called it playing (dress up); it was a game and fun.

I am worried that perhaps these very young children (are just playing dress-up) but their parents think it is something else; and the children are being taught and conditioned by the camp environment to grow into someone...they really were not in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I knew a guy that had cross dressing issues when he was an adult and he hated it. He said that his mother wanted a daughter and he was the only child. She dressed him up as a girl and made him wear makeup. It affected his life negatively.
What if well meaning mom or dad think that they have a TG child, but are mistaken? They could cause damage through their good intentions.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Originally posted by caladonea
Yes...I agree the children are too young as yet.

And what are you basing this opinion on? What are your credentials? Child Psychologist? Child Psychiatrist?

It's not about playing dress-up. It's about a consistent insistence that they are the opposite gender.

Unless you have a transgendered child, OR you've done some research on this, you simply don't know. And if you did some research, you'd see you're wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join