It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting... cross dressing camp for children.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I can't be the only one who read this:

You aren't.
It is clearly bent against heterosexual males.
So much for tolerance.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
My point is kids, being kids.... may do silly things. Its the responsibility of an adult guardian to guide them away from it.

YOU think the camp is silly. The children and the parents do not.
Your religion says this is wrong. Their religion (if they have one) does not.
Don't try to impose your religious restrictions on others.
(admit it .. that's what you are doing ... right?)

This isn't about judging. Its a sign of poor parenting.

Poor parenting ... I guess that's a matter of perspective as well.
Having a homosexual or transgender child and not allowing that child to state as such ...
that would have some strong psychological ramifications. Ignoring that is 'poor parenting' IMHO.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

edit on 7/17/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This isn't for people FORCING boys to dress as girls. It's for boys who WANT to dress as a girl, play with girls' toys and have girls for friends.

reply to post by butcherguy

This has nothing to do with being gay.

Just because you don't understand, doesn't make it wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by rickymouse

This isn't for people FORCING boys to dress as girls. It's for boys who WANT to dress as a girl, play with girls' toys and have girls for friends.

This has nothing to do with being gay.

Just because you don't understand, doesn't make it wrong.

Take a bow sir....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I can't be the only one who read this:

I saw that but we don't have the proper context to know if the person was voicing anti-straight bias or if it was just a person joking around and it wasn't coming out in a good way in print. But yes ... I saw that too.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong.

Just because you're inclined to agree with it, doesn't make it an objective right.

It's for kids who consistently identify as the opposite gender.

Don't be so sure about that.
The article says "it is unknown if the kids at the camp will eventually identify as gay or transgender"

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with being gay. Just because you don't understand, doesn't make it wrong.

You are presuming a bit there, BH. I shouldn't have said hetero males, but the underlying idea is there.
Is it right to describe the boys clothing aisle as dark? That is very stereotypical and untrue.
I have a son, and we shop in the boys clothing section. It is filled with all sorts of colors and they aren't dark. Most of them are bright.
I believe there is a message being sent by calling them dark. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't try to impose your religious restrictions on others. (admit it .. that's what you are doing ... right?)

Admit it, you're trying to drag religion into this just to deflect from whats being discussed.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

Take a bow sir....

Just an FYI.
BH is a woman.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Just because you're inclined to agree with it, doesn't make it an objective right.

True. But if I had a boy who consistently dressed as a girl and who was being teased, bullied, and shunned by his schoolmates for acting like a girl, I would want to offer him the option of going to this camp for the weekend to see how he liked it. If he didn't, we could leave any moment he decided and he wouldn't go again. But if he LOVED it and wanted to go again and again, I would know that I probably had a gender non-conformant son and I would let him be who he wanted to be.

The article says "it is unknown if the kids at the camp will eventually identify as gay or transgender"

Exactly. Why not let them explore what they seem to want? There's nothing wrong with it. If, like so many boys who wore dresses as a kid "just for fun" on occasion, there's nothing to lose. But if the child IS gender non-conformant, this camp provides a welcome respite from the cruel and harsh judgments of other people.

This camp isn't going to make anyone gay or LIKE dressing as a girl if they don't want to. It's not hurting anyone.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Admit it, you're trying to drag religion into this just to deflect from whats being discussed.

Admit it, your bias against this is based on your religion and you are trying to push your version of 'what is correct', which you learned from that religion, onto others. That very much IS part of what is being discussed. What was the motivation for this thread? Is it psychological? Is it 'morals'?? You called it 'disgusting' so it must go to 'morals'. Right? What decides morals? In your case ... religion. Right??

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ah.

Well in the context of this thread, I could still be right ;-)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207

Ah.

Well in the context of this thread, I could still be right ;-)

Ahhh, that would be up to BH to confirm, deny or ignore.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Finally,a topic you and I can agree on.This may be the only one though.
Star and flag for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

True. But if I had a boy who consistently dressed as a girl and who was being teased, bullied, and shunned by his schoolmates for acting like a girl, I would want to offer him the option of going to this camp for the weekend to see how he liked it.

So what happens once the camp is over and the boy needs to head back to the real world, outside the camp? Do you suppose all those kids at the camp are now going to be magically safe from bullying and name calling.... now that they have pictures of themselves in girls wear on the internet?

Now, this might sound like a radical idea... but if bullying and teasing is the real problem, then wouldn't it make better sense to send the bullies to a "compassion camp" of some sort?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Is it right to describe the boys clothing aisle as dark?

Are you serious?

Boy's clothes:

Girl's clothes:

That is very stereotypical and untrue.

It's as stereotypical as having a pink blanket for a baby girl and a blue blanket for a baby boy. "DARK" is a color scheme. It's not the opposite of bright, it's the opposite of LIGHT, like pink and yellow. Did you wrap your baby boy in a pink blanket? Does he wear a pink suit? Give me a break!

If you want to be offended because boy's toys and clothes are generally dark colored, then that's your choice. If you want to read something into that, go for it. I think it's VERY silly.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is it psychological? Is it 'morals'?? You called it 'disgusting' so it must go to 'morals'. Right? What decides morals? In your case ... religion. Right??

Its about unsuspecting children and sadly, their parents... being manipulated into accepting an alternate lifestyle... which is what this whole thing basically is.

This isn't even an isolated incident.... the masses are being manipulated into accepting the unnatural as natural. example

edit on 17-7-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You said that it isn't about religion and now you have confirmed that it always has been. What you call as unnatural is natural to other people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join