Disgusting... cross dressing camp for children.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

the camp, “You Are You” (the name has been changed to protect the privacy of the children and is also the name of Morris’ series), is for “Parents who don’t have a gender-confirming 3-year-old who wants to wear high heels and prefers to go down the pink aisle in K-Mart and not that nasty dark boys’ aisle,” Morris said with a laugh.

It is also a place for both parents and children to feel protected in an environment that encourages free expression.

Although it is unknown if the kids at the camp will eventually identify as gay or transgender—or even if the way gender and sexuality are defined throughout society will evolve—the camp allows the kids to look at themselves in a completely different way.

“They get enough questioning in their daily lives, so it’s a great place for them to express themselves as they feel. … I feel we hear so many of the sad stories and how LGBT kids are disproportionately affected by bullying, depression, and suicide, and it hangs a heavy cloud over them and kind of dooms them from the beginning. I’m saying this is a new story. This is not a tragedy.”

www.slate.com...

I don't even know what to say.

Why are they doing this? What do they hope to achieve out of this?
Just... why?

edit on 17-7-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I think its a good idea and kids know who they are when they are 4 years old plus it will stop bullying and name calling as they will feel safe there. Why are you judging them? Get on with your own life stop worrying about other people.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

I think its a good idea and kids know who they are when they are 4 years old plus it will stop bullying and name calling as they will feel safe there. Why are you judging them? Get on with your own life stop worrying about other people.

You know whats an even better idea?
Letting kids be themselves. They'll know who they are when they reach the age.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Why are they doing this?

To provide a place of safety and support away from people who judge, reject and bully them by calling them "disgusting"... To provide acceptance instead of revulsion.

That's what they're doing.They know who they are NOW...

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong.
edit on 7/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl

Sure sure, it's all about equality and offering a non-threatening non-gender orientated freedom to choose, right?

In the nice non-gender specific pink ailse and never ever down that dirty smelly dark boys aisle.. equality. Freedom.

Imma have a baby parrot and if anyone tells me off for dressing a 2 year old in feathers and sticking him in a cage, why those bigots just should shut up and get on with their own lives.

I'm going to make sure he has all the freedom to be the little doll that I want him to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
While I wouldn't send my child to that camp, I'm not going to get down on those who do. At least they aren't shooting the girls in the head for wanting to go to school ... and the boys aren't being hung in the town square for daring to be born homosexual ... and the parents aren't pounding into the heads of the children that Jews are 'apes and pigs' and should be slaughtered. I guess 'disgusting' is a matter of perspective ....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What have you got against LGBT as you have made threads about the topic. I think that you need to calm down and stop attacking LGBT people. its people like you that there is bullying in schools and why people LGBT take their own lives due to bigots like you. I don't care if I'm harsh, you need to understand that LGBT people are human beings not a bloody abomination. We are all on this earth and we should all get along without discrimination.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Why are they doing this?

To provide a place of safety and support away from people who judge, reject and bully them by calling them "disgusting"... To provide acceptance instead of revulsion.

I can't be the only one who read this:

, is for “Parents who don’t have a gender-confirming 3-year-old who wants to wear high heels and prefers to go down the pink aisle in K-Mart and not that nasty dark boys’ aisle,” Morris said with a laugh.

What is being said there? both are ok to choose if the child wishes? Or that boys are nasty and dark and to be avoided but the girls aisle is pink and spleeeee!!!!!

In the rush to be tolerant and non-judgemental, you guys forget all about intolerance and judgement.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

You know whats an even better idea?

They want to go to these camps its not the parents who are making them go. If they are happy there let them do what they wanna do.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sorry but when I was young, around 5 years old I wore my moms high heels and put on a her dress dragging it along the floor it was just a bit of fun I turned out straight it doesn't mean anything just kids being kids...

From a friends episode where ross was dressed as a girl when he was young.
edit on 17-7-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What defines a gay person as opposed to a heterosexual person?

Are you applying that trait to children as young as 3 ?

Ahha.. Okey dokey..

Rover is happy in his dogkini. And won't let anyone anything about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong

What about camps for kids who eat glue? You know, even they need a place of support away from people who judge, reject and bully them by calling them "disgusting".

My point is kids, being kids.... may do silly things. Its the responsibility of an adult guardian to guide them away from it. Not send them to a camp to reinforce the habit.

This isn't about judging. Its a sign of poor parenting.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

We are all different I mean otherwise it'll be a boring world. Things can go wrong at birth or even before birth. You can't catch being gay you just know who you are when your a child but parents don't understand as they think that your too young to know who and what you truly are.

link   
I think this is a good idea too.

It will prevent stunted development and emotional issues in later life.

They arent hurting anyone, let them be.

link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I can't be the only one who read this:

, is for “Parents who don’t have a gender-confirming 3-year-old who wants to wear high heels and prefers to go down the pink aisle in K-Mart and not that nasty dark boys’ aisle,” Morris said with a laugh.

What is being said there?

What's being said is that some boys, even at 3 years old, want to wear high heels and prefer girls' toys to boys'. That "nasty dark boys' aisle" comment is from the mind of a 3 year old. The girls' aisles are brightly colored and pink and the boys' aisles are brown, green and camo colored.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Eating glue is unhealthy.

My point is kids, being kids.... may do silly things. Its the responsibility of an adult guardian to guide them away from it. Not send them to a camp to reinforce the habit.

This isn't for kids who occasionally put on a dress to be silly. It's for kids who consistently identify as the opposite gender.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

If they child knows that they are gay or girl born in boys body etc and you stop them from being who they are then in later life they will live the lie be unhappy and be in denial till depression sets in and causes a mental breakdown.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My sister and her girl friends made me dress up in a dress when I was probably about six. They took pictures too, and of course those picture will never disappear, even though my sister is gone. How embarrassing it made me feel when I was young, the picture was in the main family album
...Why am I telling you guys this
That used to be one of the most embarrassing things in my life
Maybe adding masochist to my list of crazies is in order

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
its all about conditioning and likely this thread will get deleted by the thought pólice too because people's comments might upset some sick disgusting [snip]
edit on 17-7-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
What defines a gay person as opposed to a heterosexual person?

This doesn't have anything to do with being gay. It's about gender non-conformity.

Childhood gender nonconformity is a phenomenon in which pre-pubescent children do not conform to expected gender-related sociological or psychological patterns, and/or identify with the opposite gender.[1] Typical behaviour among those who exhibit the phenomenon includes but is not limited to a propensity to cross-dress, refusal to take part in activities conventionally thought suitable for the gender and the exclusive choice of play-mates of the opposite sex.

But to answer your question, straight people are attracted to the opposite gender and gay people are attracted to the same gender.

Are you applying that trait to children as young as 3 ?

Gender non-conformity? Yes. Being gay? Not necessarily.

Rover is happy in his dogkini. And won't let anyone anything about it.

See? Even adults make fun of these kids. And you're upset because they have a place to go where people don't compare them to dogs dressed in bikinis?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join