Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Does God Intervene and Interact with His Creation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
For the sake of argument, let us assume that God is real.

The question is "Does God intervene and interact with His creation?"

There are many stories in different religions where God has directly interacted with humans throughout history. Sometimes God's interaction was because of an action of an individual, through pre-destination, or prayer, but are these stories really a description of God having direct contact with humanity, or just fictional tales?

Of course, no one may really know the answers to the question, and my personal opinion is that if God does exist, God would not have direct contact with us...it would violate the rules of the Universe that was created. I tend to see the Universe and life itself as sort of an experiment. One designed by God to learn everything that can be learned. Yes, I think God may be an evolving force that does learn, and we are simply tools of the education process.

What are the best examples that may show that God does directly change or alter the course of life here on Earth?

Many would like to believe that if you pray hard enough, God will step in and intervene in your life, but is this the case?

Miracles are often used as an example of God's interaction with us, but are they a reality, or just coincidence?

Why would God change something that happened in the Universe? If God were "all powerful", wouldn't God just make if happen correctly in the first place?

If humans have free-will, wouldn't God interfering in daily life destroy the illusion of that free will?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Good question.
It does say in the book of Genesis that he created everything in 6 days, then rested.
It doesn't say that he stopped resting.
He may still be resting and watching the show.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
By interfering he would ultimatley be ruining the free will aspect of his creation.

Thats coming from an atheist :-)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

When does God interrupt your free will? At death. What does light do? It reveals what it hits. At each moment, God does not correct you. God reveals you. Additionally, your choices do not correct God. Your choices reveal God's invariable symmetry against your variable asymmetry. Death is a judgment and you must be born again. Baptism is a cycle of birth, life and death. Between, there is a judgment and a rebirth. God is longsuffering and the heaven or hell of our kingdom is what we bring by comparison to the light God has given and continues to give. The same sun that melts wax also hardens clay. God is the potter and we must keep water in the clay to allow the malleability. Baptism into the waters and cycles of time are for our refinement.

When does God make corrections?

This Dead Sea Document tells you. It also defines destiny, free will and the visitations of God between cycles. It outlines why God allows both the Angel of Light and Angel of Darkness to be matched and balanced for our own choice between.

Again, light reveals what it hits and we are the ones painting the canvas. God gave us the paint and the place to work.

What is His job? Judge. What is Satan's job (Accuse). What is Christ's job (Advocate). Who are you? The witness. What does God decide? The balance of both sides and the results of what is produced. God shines the light on us each day and at each moment. He speaks from the laws that govern our actions. Break the law and it breaks you. Follow the law and it assists your choices. Love and the law is not necessary.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Good point...It never said, "On the Eighth Day, God went back to work."

...I wish I got that much vacation time off work.

reply to post by EnochWasRight

If God's job is to "Judge", then I would see it as unfair for God to intervene or interact with us because it would change the rules of the game. It would be like playing Monopoly and the Banker slidding you a couple grand underneath the table, or playing five card poker with seven cards.

If God were fair and just, he would not give a "cheat" to only a select few. It would be to everyone. Everyone would get the same interaction, not just "the chosen".
edit on 17-7-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
For the sake of argument, let us assume that God is real.

There are many stories in different religions where God has directly interacted with humans throughout history. Sometimes God's interaction was because of an action of an individual, through pre-destination, or prayer, but are these stories really a description of God having direct contact with humanity, or just fictional tales?

Of course, no one may really know the answers to the question, and my personal opinion is that if God does exist, God would not have direct contact with us...it would violate the rules of the Universe that was created. I tend to see the Universe and life itself as sort of an experiment. One designed by God to learn everything that can be learned. Yes, I think God may be an evolving force that does learn, and we are simply tools of the education process.

What are the best examples that may show that God does directly change or alter the course of life here on Earth?

Many would like to believe that if you pray hard enough, God will step in and intervene in your life, but is this the case?

Miracles are often used as an example of God's interaction with us, but are they a reality, or just coincidence?

Why would God change something that happened in the Universe? If God were "all powerful", wouldn't God just make if happen correctly in the first place?

If humans have free-will, wouldn't God interfering in daily life destroy the illusion of that free will?

You're a Deist. Deism

All the contradictions you point out are true, therefore "God" as a creator can't exist. Unless you consider that God was created at the same time the Universe was, because God is simply the Universe.

In philosophy class, God is sometimes referred to in the ontological argument as "that which none higher can be conceived" or "NGC" for short. This statement alone is sometimes used as a proof of God's existence. Because if something cannot be surpassed by human thought, aka it is the highest ideal that can exist, then the best thing a human could think of is always one step behind God. Existence is a prerequisite for perfection, or even the most high concept. For something to be considered the best thing a human could think of, you would think that existence would be a prerequisite, is another way to word it. But this is just a word game, it doesn't really "prove" anything. It just proves that whatever the highest ideal a human can think of has to have the prerequisite of existence, or else it isn't actually the highest ideal.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by isyeye

Good question.
It does say in the book of Genesis that he created everything in 6 days, then rested.
It doesn't say that he stopped resting.
He may still be resting and watching the show.

Kinda like a home brewer. Spends the entire week buying supplies, and then all saturday he's mashing the wort, sterilising the containers, preparing the yeast.. and at 5pm he's finally got the trub sealed and in place... awaiting the initial signs of life.

Sunday he rests... and the brew continues to evolve and grow and become important..

Sadly, we all know how this scenario ends.. hungover in a pile of vomit on your own bedroom floor, but you do promise you'll never brew with turbo yeast ever ever again..

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yes from personal experiance, when the student is ready the master comes.

From my point of view:
Do not believe the hype about one religion is the right or wrong way. My experiance was in the end thru a book from a Toltec shaman but the end of the experiance the other side made sure I would see Christianety as part of the message as every religion is. God uses the tool/map that fit your connection with it best and to create the highest understanding you are capable of. Symbiosis is what god seeks.

All views in the end point at the same source. Duality is a human trait/belief not a divine trait. There is one truth of "what is" from gods point of view but humans are still playing around with idols/views/duality.

Opened chakras before I knew what chakras where and a lot of synchronicity. 11:11.

I do not love god for the religions or because of some faith. I love the feelings I get from whatever is on the other side that makes me smile at any animal and kid I see. The fruits is the reason I know this is the real deal.

The only problem is that other peoples views/dualities create dualities in me and then the ego goes on a warpath against small mindedness.
edit on 17-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
By interfering he would ultimatley be ruining the free will aspect of his creation.

Free will from your point of view not gods. When you control the flow of souls and can calculate what will be then this place becomes a simulation/strategy game.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Free will from your point of view not gods.

This hurt my brain :-(

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Free will from your point of view not gods. When you control the flow of souls and can calculate what will be then this place becomes a simulation/strategy game.

If you believe the above quote, wouldn't it be cheating the game to interact or intervene with humanity?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sadly, we all know how this scenario ends.. hungover in a pile of vomit on your own bedroom floor, but you do promise you'll never brew with turbo yeast ever ever again..

Yep.
I only brewed my own once.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Free will from your point of view not gods.

This hurt my brain :-(

I know I am having issues with it myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I love you man

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If God's job is to "Judge", then I would see it as unfair for God to intervene or interact with us because it would change the rules of the game. It would be like playing Monopoly and the Banker slidding you a couple grand underneath the table, or playing five card poker with seven cards.

If God were fair and just, he would not give a "cheat" to only a select few. It would be to everyone. Everyone would get the same interaction, not just "the chosen".
edit on 17-7-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Love is the word Ahab. Aleph Hey Bet. Strength is Aleph. Hey is to behold a great work. Bet is the house. God's great work in His house is us and love is the foundation. We have free will, yet God's work is the boasting in the end.

Ephesians 2

6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

The grand purpose is the reflecting point. Look back in the future. Right now, look up until it gets here.

Edgar Allen Poe

All things are either good or bad by comparison. A sufficient analysis will show that pleasure in all cases, is but the contrast of pain. Positive pleasure is a mere idea. To be happy at any one point we must have suffered at the same. Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed. But it has been shown that, in the inorganic life, pain cannot be; thus the necessity for the organic. The pain of the primitive life of Earth, is the sole basis of the bliss of the ultimate life in Heaven.

edit on 17-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Im an Atheist and i would have to say, No. It would be unfair if "GOD" had a hand in intervening with his creations, kind of like a Fixed or Rigged game. He might help with those worthy of it.....or not. If he helps you he would be Breaking the free will he gave us. Since some one said "Our version" not gods version of free will, you could say it was part of his "Divine Plan". Or if we dont know the answer to why he inteferes you might get a "He works in mysterious ways" Type of crap. If he was real i would say no, and why is he playing Teachers Pet for? Since i dont believe in him i dont care for what he does or doesn't do. God in my opinion is jealous and violent and angry and has Poop Brain!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleByLittle

If you believe the above quote, wouldn't it be cheating the game to interact or intervene with humanity?

From my point of view:

Put yourself in gods shoes.

Depends on your purpose for all that is. If the purpose is to evolve all souls to a higher level of awareness so they can join you symbiotically and understand higher level ideals and do the right thing even if it is not in the ego/humans best interest, then why would you not intervene at appropriate times.

You would not want to force compliance but instead motivate the souls to do the right thing for the right reasons so you would not have to micromanage everything. You just create a couple of habitats and drop the souls where they can learn the most depending on their awareness and their previous experiance.

But you would not want to reveal yourself to much because that will make the souls dependent on you. It is better to teach the souls how to fish than have to create fishes for them out of thin air. Also limited resources will teach them to be careful with what they have if they have any sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Yes he does, all the time. Often times in small ways, most people ignore because they don't know how to see him.

Of course, no one may really know the answers to the question, and my personal opinion is that if God does exist, God would not have direct contact with us...it would violate the rules of the Universe that was created.

Well you see, theres this book called the Holy Bible, that recorded his appearances to men like Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Manoah, Gideon, Philip, Matthew, John etc. and he did have direct contact with man up till several years after he was nailed to the cross on Golgotha. His appearing wouldn't violate the laws of the universe. The universe exists because he is in it, if he weren't here then we wouldn't be here, he is the defining factor that maintains the very fabric of reality. His nature is existence itself.

Miracles are real. I have seen people at death's doorstep be prayed for, and they be healed. Case in point my dad ended up in the hospital for the 3rd time with pneumonia last week, they even had to put him on a bi-pap face mask so he could breathe. Everyone prayed for him that day and before the day ended my brother and I showed up at 11:10 pm went in to see him and prayed for him, and I laid hands on him. Afterwards I went next door to a Hotel and rented a room. The next morning, he was sitting up, and the bi-pap was gone and he could breath better when the previous day my aunt was in tears because he was about to die.

Perhaps everything is running according to his plan. Ever think of that? Maybe, this all is happening because he wants to teach his children. He has a shepherding nature, to guide people to where they can learn about him because he wants to reveal himself to us all, but the world is not ready, nor shall it ever be.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeviousEngineer
"He works in mysterious ways"

From my point of view:
Look up synchronicity instead for a more quantified term than the "mysterious ways" and you might be able to notice it yourself. And if you find proof of it, it still do not mean that the Christian faith is all true.

An atheist saint is still a saint, no matter what people from any specific religion say.
edit on 17-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Right.........

And in that little book called the Bible, God sat down in Abraham's tent and ate BBQ and cakes, to do a little family planning Then went off to bomb a couple of cities. Yeah, that's "God", yep, I believe that............NOT!
edit on 17-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join