It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Special 'Zimmerman Hotline' for Tips to Prosecute Him

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I opened with the Orlando article .. other news sources are picking it up
FOX NEWS

More than a year after an FBI report indicated there was no evidence of racial bias in George Zimmerman's history, the Justice Department is trolling for email tips on the former neighborhood watch volunteer as it weighs a possible federal civil rights case against him

Some of the #zimmermantipline posts
Best one .... He said that Boston police acted stupidly before he knew the facts of the case

Please note .. this is twitter .. not the 'tip line'.
The hashtag is the clue ...
edit on 7/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

those aren't tip line posts those are twitter feeds from people making light of the situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

The only thing you posted that could be considered illegal was the molestation thing.
And that hasn't been proven .. it's just an internet rumor.

How would YOU feel if the DOJ opened a 'conspiracy nut tip line' in an effort to find
something .. anything ... against you, simply because of emotional rule by mob mentality?

I don't think you'd like it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
those aren't tip line posts those are twitter feeds from people making light of the situation.

I know. The hashtag thing says so.
I'll edit my post to make it more obvious that it's twitter and not the tip line.
Some of them are pretty dang funny.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

yeah some of them are pretty funny, you know what else is going to be funny? when credible tips start coming through!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

How would YOU feel if the DOJ opened a 'conspiracy nut tip line' in an effort to find
something .. anything ... against you, simply because of emotional rule by mob mentality?

Well, at first I'd be mighty upset, I must admit. What right have they to go on a squeegee hunt and make ME the squeegee?

Then I got to thinking, with a grin ...I hope they'd have more than just one operator/staffer working that tip line. It might be pretty busy for petty grudges out of petty people. They need salary paid for each one and then they'll go track down each dead end tip. Hey, some of us have had interesting lives which would add a bittersweet irony to the whole thing.

I wonder how much goose crap they wade through on their goose chase here?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think if you're not on their "lists" then you're just trodding along with all their Nazi like behavior.

Who gives a crap if you're on a list or not? I'm starting to learn I would rather die than live in fear anyways.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
Who gives a crap if you're on a list or not?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that a number of ATSers are on the watch lists. And if the DOJ can get away with a witch hunt with a 'zimmerman tip line', then they could get away with the same thing on any of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I agree, I just personally do. not. give. one. little. crap.

*This post is mainly meant to be read and interpreted by the NSA who are, not surprisingly, monitoring ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
How about a DOJ hotline for the number of hate crimes that have occurred since the Zimmerman verdict?
Black on white violence.

Didn't you get the memo? A black person can kill a white person and it isn't race related. But if a white person looks at a black person wrong...race crime. A muslim yells "God is Great" and kils American soldiers and it isn't terrorism. We get fines for not buying this administration's health care insurance and it isn't a tax...ummm...it is...umm...no it isn't And all of this thanks to the liars Obama and Holder. Yup....land of the free, home of the brave. Almost laughable under these criminals.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
Who gives a crap if you're on a list or not?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that a number of ATSers are on the watch lists. And if the DOJ can get away with a witch hunt with a 'zimmerman tip line', then they could get away with the same thing on any of us.

So then you are saying that your freedom to speak freely, has been taken away by Obama and this administration?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The only thing you posted that could be considered illegal was the molestation thing.
And that hasn't been proven .. it's just an internet rumor.

I don't think you'd like it.

Agreed...with one correction. It isn't mob mentality, it is racism. If this administration wasn't made up of Obama and Holder and if the races were reversed with TM and GZ...this would never happen. Why? Because it would be racist. This didn't happen with OJ...did it?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What the current administration is doing these days are beyond horrifying, and when will the people wake up?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You nailed and you see the irony behind the whole issue of Zimmeman witch hunt, people that support the present states of affairs behind our political system and those in power seems to be blind to the realities of what is going on in this nation.

I don't get tired of saying that people are geared and brainwashed to protest for the wrong things, those things that matter and affect the nation are completely ignored.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If they do it for Zimmerman, who was found not guilty and whom the FBI said wasn't a racist hater, then the DOJ can do it against ANYONE.
There's the important bit.
Yeah, our legal system is not prefect, but it works, and extends protections against those who are accused of a crime. What the government is now doing is seeking to use this case to remove those protections, and the fools who are supporting this are ignorantly putting everyone at risk over their “emotional” feelings of what they want to consider “justice” (aka revenge).

So with this we no longer are considered “innocent until proven guilty”. The press is now apparently in a position to be judge and jury, even when they are shown to be intentionally misleading the public (such as editing the 911 calls).

So now we have punishments to appease the mob, even when a jury of peers, law enforcement officers, and state prosecutors all say that no law has been broken.

Now we have a government that can keep finding news ways to claim your guilt and put you under double jeopardy because the outcome was not the “popular” one with certain interest groups.

This is VERY VERY BAD, and EXTREMELY dangerous to our constitutional rights...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

While you have been very eloquent with the post you need to come out and say it, is call dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure it follows any one type of political system, but its certainly not constitutionally legal, its not fair, and its not just. We have made rules governing our legal system for a reason, and now they are seeking to overthrow them.

This is becoming a trend in the US, first it was justifying torture, then it was holding people indefinitely without due process, then it was assassinating a US citizen without a trial, and now its throwing out the decision of a jury...

The judicial branch is being dismantled or at the very least being brought under the control of the executive branch. You know people, we have three branches of government, and a "check's and balances" system for a reason. Bush started with this push to remove “checks and balances”, and now Obama is continuing down the same path.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Personally, I dont see how anyone can get so passionate about things that have no effect on their lives what so ever.
I am glad that he was found not guilty, only because I seen the same evidence that the jury did and it showed that he acted in self defense, so at least the system works sometimes.
The only thing that pisses me off is the corrupt ass Eric Holder fanning the flames even more by getting involved.
He even set up an email that people can send tips to that would help his potential case.
I sent him an email, from a throw away email addy, through a vpn, asking him why is he talking out on a case where the man was acquitted by his peers, when you wont even comment, on fast and furious, the irs scandal and the nsa spying.
Then I called him a corrupt son of a bitch and suggested that he resign.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This is just plain wrong. The jury of his peers found him not guilty. The DOJ is trying to undermine the courts ruling and our system of laws. Our government and the state attorney should be ashamed of themselves for attacking the no guilty ruling. The state attorney intentionally didn't bring the case to a grand jury because she knew there wasn't enough evidence to convict Zimmerman of murder.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I remember when some here including me warned about the repercussions of the Bush era would have in any government coming after him, regardless of political parties, because the key was to open that door where erosion of civil and constitutional rights could be possible, is call the Patriot act.

I will not be surprised if the Ocaca administration and his DOJ minions will try to pull a patriot act provision against Zimmerman when they can not get away with what they want with existing laws.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join