It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Special 'Zimmerman Hotline' for Tips to Prosecute Him

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Is not doubt in my mind that gun control is one of the agendas been pursued, the key issue is how the DOJ is to sell the race card without sounding like the "central government" is been the racist here, after all it kind of look bad when the one been persecuted is a latino and not a white men.

I agree that is going to be hard to use the race card here.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

A man is found not guilty by a jury of his peers, and yet the village mob hounds him unto death with pitchforks sharpened.

Once upon a time in Amerika, when a man was found not guilty, you did not get to continue prosecuting him until you go the answer you wanted to hear. Done was done.

This is no longer the country I bled for. I just woke up one morning and found myself a stranger in a strange land, a foreigner in the land of my birth.

Dammitall.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They will not stop until they get the verdict they want. The Sanford police dept did an investigation after the shooting and said he was within his rights to shoot Martin and let him go but the black community would not accept that so they Bitched and complained until the state sent in a special team to try the case. After all the time and money wasted to still come up with a NOT GUILTY verdict now the system has to be flawed and its Whitey or whatever they will never let this man live his life and now they are asking for tipsters to drag this man through the mud some more. They will not be happy until he is dead or in prision and its sad i live in the middle of it all and see this first hand. I am an early 30's white man who lives in Sanford since the verdict i have been run off the road spit on in a subway restrant after not saying a word i have had things thrown at my car. I repair air conditiong for a living and been told to leave customers houses who are black because i am not. I am up to my ears with anger and stress over this and I do not verbally discuss my opinion because it does not agree with the masses I guess I am guilty of being white.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

No where in the transcripts did I hear anyone question Zimmerman if he loaded the chamber in his gun before he went out that night, in his truck before Trayvon attached him or if he had time to release the saftey, load a bullet and then shoot Trayvon while in the midst of the entanglement while he was on the ground just prior to shooting him. Doesn't the fact that the gun possibly had been cocked and ready to fire before he exited his truck proove that he in fact intended to shoot Trayvon? I find it hard to believe that he could have cocked and loaded his gun while travon was beating him. Does anyone remeber either the defence or the prosecution bringing up this matter in the trial?
Terims

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terims

No where in the transcripts did I hear anyone question Zimmerman if he loaded the chamber in his gun before he went out that night, in his truck before Trayvon attached him or if he had time to release the saftey, load a bullet and then shoot Trayvon while in the midst of the entanglement while he was on the ground just prior to shooting him. Doesn't the fact that the gun possibly had been cocked and ready to fire before he exited his truck proove that he in fact intended to shoot Trayvon? I find it hard to believe that he could have cocked and loaded his gun while travon was beating him. Does anyone remeber either the defence or the prosecution bringing up this matter in the trial?
Terims

He had a Kel Tec PF-9. It has no safety. He carried it 7+1. He also used an in the waistband holster for quick and easy deployment.

I carry their P11. Both super small with a very low profile. No safety, just a long trigger pull for a safety.

You can't cock it either - its a DA only gun.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Terims

You don't carry an empty gun. You keep one in the chamber because when you decide you need it (or figure out in the worst scenario) you don't have time to politely ask for a timeout. That doesn't mean that you plan to hurt somebody. It means that if the time comes, and there is no alternative, you have the opportunity to defend yourself.

That isn't a commentary on the Zimmerman trial or verdict. It is just a bit about concealed carry.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terims
No where in the transcripts did I hear anyone question Zimmerman if he loaded the chamber in his gun before he went out that night,

The person who gave Zimmerman his weapons training so he could get his conceal and carry permit stated that the basic training given is that there is always one in the chamber and a full clip on top of that. So there was one in the chamber that night. Zimmerman fired only one shot .... the one that was in the chamber.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CryHavoc
It's not racist. Zimmerman would have been found guilty in any other State except maybe Texas.

Um ... no. Got any proof of that?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So, what's up with Juror B29 going on Good Morning America yesterday to apologize to Trayvon's parents?

When this juror said she was confused, she wasn't kidding. Here are some of her quotes...

“For myself, he’s guilty because the evidence shows he’s guilty," the juror said.

“You can’t put the man in jail, even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty,” said the angst-ridden woman, known during the trial as Juror B29. “But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence.”

Which is it? The evidence showed he was guilty or you couldn't put him in jail after looking looking at the evidence?

Maddy said that when the jury, which included five mothers, began deliberations, she was ready to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder, which could have put him behind bars for life. “I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury,” she insisted. “I fought to the end.”

“That’s where I felt confused,” Maddy told Roberts. “But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can’t say he’s guilty.”

Despite her conviction that Zimmerman did wrong, when Maddy was asked whether the case should have gone to trial, she replied, “I don’t think so.”

“I felt like this was a publicity stunt,” she said.

Which is it? You think he should have gotten second degree murder or he never should have been sent to trial?

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

I think she's exhausted and confused because she has eight kids of her own.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join