It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Special 'Zimmerman Hotline' for Tips to Prosecute Him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Unbelievable! Is this still America??

Orlando Sentinel - DOJ Sets up Special Email Hotline for Tips Against Zimmerman

The U.S. Department of Justice on Monday afternoon appealed to civil rights groups and community leaders, nationally and in Sanford, for help investigating whether a federal criminal case might be brought against George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, one advocate said.

The DOJ has also set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.

“They were calling on us to actively refer anyone who had any information,” that might build a case against Zimmerman for either a civil rights violation or a hate crime, Arnwine said. “They said they would very aggressively investigate this case.” ....

Arnwine said the call was convened at about 3:30 p.m. by Tom Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice, and included representatives from the FBI, and several federal prosecutors, she said. DOJ officials also said they would open a public email address so people could send in tips on the case

So ... the FBI says this wasn't a race hate crime ... Martins birth parents say this wasn't a race hate crime ... Martins step mother says this wasn't a race hate crime ... the Sanford Police Department and Lead Investigator Serino said this isn't a race hate crime .... Zimmerman took a 'black girl' to his prom and he tutored black children for free ... but Holder and the Department of (in)Justice now have a special tip hotline and are calling on the black community to call in anything they've got in order to try to prosecute Zimmerman.

My god ... :shk:
If they'll try to trump up something .. anything ... on Zimmerman, they'll do it with you or me.
Bowing to racist pressure from so-called civil rights groups to nail this guy no matter what.
Really, really frightening.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is just being used to set up the country to get used to being snitched on for other reasons.

I'm totally sick of everything to do with this case. If the Obama administration has any sense (and that is totally doubtful) they will make this case go quickly and quietly into the good night.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they accuse him of being a witch and try to burn him on a pyre. This is absurd.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
We're like two steps away from just dragging him into the town square and hanging him on CSPAN.

This is America now I guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
We're like two steps away from just dragging him into the town square and hanging him on CSPAN.

and this is what i don't get about all this:

masons and rosicrucians made this country what it is and then,
they went on holiday and didn't come back.

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
How about a DOJ hotline for the number of hate crimes that have occurred since the Zimmerman verdict?
Black on white violence.

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i guess they forgot the "innocent victims of drone attacks" hotline, the "holder gun sales to Mexican drug cartel" hotline, the "illegal trading, hedging and scandal" hotline, the "illegal patriot act" hotline, oh heck i think they forgot a lot of hotlines eh.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

and this is what i don't get about all this:

masons and rosicrucians made this country what it is and then,
they went on holiday and didn't come back.

they didn't go on holiday, the masses of human beings went on holiday since they can do nothing without our approval. everyone is quick to play the blame game but truth be told, we're all guilty of becoming worthless and uncaring, as a whole, in our world.

evil flourishes when good men do nothing and we sure have been doing a lot of nothing these past few centuries.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Playing devil's advocate and appearing to be appealing to the common man for help, seeking justice.

Defuse mode more like it ( it was expected ...)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Turning into a nation of snitchs, that know nothing about the law. Its going to get much worse until we stand up and tell them no more snooping, wiretapping, prism, or anything else they have.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
This is just being used to set up the country to get used to being snitched on for other reasons.

I totally agree with you. Hotlines to try to find something .. anything .. on someone who has been proven not to be racist hater .... next it'll be a hotline to try to trump up charges on you or me. Hotlines for kids in high school to turn their parents in if they have guns in the house ... hotlines for anything anyone wants to make up against people that they don't like ....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Mind boggling... seriously mind boggling... It's like some modern day take on a Twilight Zone episode meets The Truman Show and the main character is used as a vehicle for social comment about the Salem witch hunts.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm going to send in a tip to the email address saying I have proof Zimmerman is a Reptilian and was racially discriminating against human beings.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I'm going to send in a tip to the email address saying I have proof Zimmerman is a Reptilian and was racially discriminating against human beings.

Oh man .. I love it. I'd love to have everyone email bomb the website with this stuff.
But I'm sure that we'd all get on their hit list somehow.
BUt then again .. everyone on this site is probably on their watch list anyways. Ya' know?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have been wondering where our governments priority lies...obviously its to make sure we are a divided nation..guess they had to pick something since they cant fix the one that really matters right now, the economy...

Warning to the DOJ, right now a large group of people are just mad at no one in particular because a 100% legal decision that was correct if following the law , if you keep going down this road, you will have another group of people mad at YOU...
edit on 17-7-2013 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This case has gone far beyond due diligence and has turned into a politically motivated witch hunt to appease the rabble rousers.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I agree with you. Completely. And the 'rabble rousers' (race baiters) are desperate to try to stay relevant so they are whipping people up into a frenzy when there is no need. And the 'celebrities' who are desperate to stay in the limelight (kim kardashian .. stevie wonder ... etc) making stuuuuupid statements are nearly as bad as the race baiters like Sharpton.

The DOJ is on a witch hunt. The 'ZImmerman top hotline' is disgusting.
We all should be aware of this .... it could easily happen to any of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The DOJ have it all under control now...

Holder pledged that the Justice Department would work to “alleviate tensions, address community concerns and promote healing” in response to the case.

A state sponsored pacifier/comforter/soother/baby's dummy for protesters and vigilantes who have refused the courts verdict. The squeaky wheel always gets the oil.... In this case the Govt is probably trying to prevent the wheels falling off the cart completely and hoping it encourages people to go back home and watch the TV.... again.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I hope the best defense lawyers from across the state stand up and represent Zimmerman for free if they file any further charges against him. This nothing but an attempt make him pay anyway they can and that is not the way our judicial system should work. It is easy to understand the words Not Guilty.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Those in power in the USA seem to be building a Rube Goldberg machine for use in running the country. Bordering on insane since we a past rights trampling.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join