It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Jeantel - Full College Scholarship - Study Law Enforcement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Radio host Tom Joyner offered Rachel Jeantel a full free ride to go to a historically black college.
(very nice thing to do ... generous ... good for him)
Jeantel says she might want to go into law enforcement. Yes ... law enforcement.
She lies under oath numerous times ... should have been held in contempt of court ....
screams 'racism' where there isn't any ... etc etc. I'd hate to meet up with her with a badge
and armed. No thanks.

College offer? Great! Law enforcement? Frightening for the people of America.

CNN - Rachel Jeantel Offered Full Scholarship - Wants to go into Law Enforcement

Rachel, here's my offer to you. If you want to graduate from high school and go to an HBCU, even if it's not in Florida but especially Florida ... If you want to do that, I want to help you do that," Joyner said during his radio show Tuesday, referring to historically black colleges and universities.

"I will help you get tutors to get you out of high school, tutors to help you pass the SAT, and I will give you a full-ride scholarship to any HBCU you'd like."

Jeantel, who said she might want to go into law enforcement, thanked Joyner.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Law enforcement is the right career for a person like her.
Many agencies will not accept you as a candidate if you score too high on their tests. She should have no problem.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Radio host Tom Joyner offered Rachel Jeantel a full free ride to go to a historically black college.
(very nice thing to do ... generous ... good for him)
Jeantel says she might want to go into law enforcement. Yes ... law enforcement.
She lies under oath numerous times ... should have been held in contempt of court ....
screams 'racism' where there isn't any ... etc etc. I'd hate to meet up with her with a badge
and armed. No thanks.

College offer? Great! Law enforcement? Frightening for the people of America.

CNN - Rachel Jeantel Offered Full Scholarship - Wants to go into Law Enforcement

Rachel, here's my offer to you. If you want to graduate from high school and go to an HBCU, even if it's not in Florida but especially Florida ... If you want to do that, I want to help you do that," Joyner said during his radio show Tuesday, referring to historically black colleges and universities.

"I will help you get tutors to get you out of high school, tutors to help you pass the SAT, and I will give you a full-ride scholarship to any HBCU you'd like."

Jeantel, who said she might want to go into law enforcement, thanked Joyner.

Yeah right that stupid bltch couldn't even speak English, or speak up for that matter. I'd be surprised if she could spell Law Enforcement, or "college" for that matter. I'm surprised she didn't keel over and die on the stand from forgetting to breathe. Her entire testimony was a waste of time, it just proved that she didn't know shlt.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
somewhere, a kid with aspirations and hopes but no means to achieve them, just died inside.

I'm not sure I get why this offer is made. Because she was so abysmally incapable of .. pretty much anything?

Why throw bones at the dog that prefers to bark at parked cars... so many opportunities to make a difference instead of make a scene.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
She referred to police as 'cracka's'. That you don't help them and they are pretty much the enemy.
So why would she want to be one? Would she go around the police station with her gun and badge
calling her brother police officers crackas ... would she take the side of the thugs on the street over
upholding the law??? I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her ....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think that it was a offer made knowing that she'll never follow up on it.

For one, she'll have to lose weight if she expects to become a LEO after graduation from college.

Being multi-lingual may actually help her, but she'll have to learn not to talk "Hood-talk" when interacting with the public.

I would love to see her interviewed ten years from now saying how grateful she is for being given a chance to turn her life around, and how she is now a Detective.

But I think that the guy knows his money is safe.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I think that it was a offer made knowing that she'll never follow up on it.

I would bet a box of donuts that you are right.
I can't see her making the effort to take advantage of the offer either.
Of course, I don't know her at all ... just what I've seen during the trial.
But that told me a lot ...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Being multi-lingual may actually help her

So that is what you call that.
I always thought that multi-lingual was being fluent in more than one language.
I am not sure that she is fluent in one, and I'm not sure which language she speaks.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Doesn't she speak, Haitian Creole? She also speaks French if I remember right. Her english is a tad off, but I just read a story that she has a underbite. How that would play a role in speaking up or clearly though, I have no idea.

She also says that she has a 3.0 grade point average, but I would like to see some proof of that.

If this is all true, she would be a idiot to pass up a opportunity like this. She'd better get it in writing though.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

What I could find seemed to indicate that she grew up speaking Creole, then learned to speak English and Spanish.

After hearing her speak English, I am not sure what to believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
will she have to pass college entrance exams? or does she get a free pass on those? if she is able to get past the minimal requirements, then bully for her, otherwise, is she keeping a deserving student from their dreams?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
What I could find seemed to indicate that she grew up speaking Creole, then learned to speak English and Spanish. After hearing her speak English, I am not sure what to believe.

I'm pretty sure that, when questioned by the defense, it was clear that she speaks 'english' at home and that it's her primary language, and that the other languages are not 'fluent' but a smattering. And her 'english' at home is eubonics and street slang. She'd have to seriously clean up her language and learn real english before she could get anywhere near earning a college degree.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the full ride is not what bothers me.

what bothers me is she is doing the television news talk show circuit.
this after not wanting to get up on the stand and try and get what they call justice for her friend/ boyfriend TM and and trying to act like she couldn't communicate well. she sure seems like she understands and speaks pretty well to me

i guess she just can't turn down the coin is she gonna make from running the circuit.
edit on 17-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just walk down to a foster home and give a kid there a full college scholarship instead please.

You just know this girl is going to be out next week doing what she was before...

top topics

join