It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just something I heard...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Okay this is a short one but it might trigger somebody's interest. I am, at the moment, not really in a position to dedicate much of my time to this subject but perhaps somebody else is willing to dig around...

(before I forget: moderators, if this is in the wrong place..... you know the rest)

Okay so I was having a little discussion last week with some Tech students from the TUM (tech. University Munich) about the RedBull X games that was held in Munich a few weeks ago. One student is designing a new type of artificial wave for surfers etc.. and he mentioned that RedBull is currently really busy obtaining water resources and buying up water rights in Africa.

Apparently it's a big time future investment and RedBull has the intend of becoming the biggest in this part of the world.

I have no idea if this really is a conspiracy or not, just passing along the information. Make of it what you will.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

but perhaps somebody else is willing to dig around...

.....so you want the rest of ATS to do Your research on Your topic about a rumor you heard?
No thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Well i was watch RT couple of weeks ago and they were going on about nescafe buying water all over the place.

Maybe its not gonna be long before we are all paying for water
(never have,never will)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Not in a good mood this morning.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

I know, with the population growing and everything, the best investment for the next 20 years will be water!!

It also makes a lot of sense to invest where there is little of this resource and demand will be high. So it's logical big money will be making a lot of money over the backs of the little guy again.

I also think clean water should be a right, not a commodity but I guess that's how you make money..

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
.....so you want the rest of ATS to do Your research on Your topic about a rumor you heard?
No thank you.

No...

I'm just passing along some information somebody might be interested in. Not for you...fine. I believe I did not demand your participation, did I?

Thank you for your contributing anyway.

Peace
edit on 17-7-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Water IS a inalienable rights.

Yeah i think your right with where things are going with water.If big company all over the world are buying it something going down.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

With the population growth as it is, there won't be enough fresh water for everybody within 30 years. Werther it is a right or not I suspect the people not able to pay it are going to be s&*% out of luck....

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I believe they tried to do this a few years ago in Bolivia, make water very expensive and rob the poor people to boost the coffers of the uber wealthy parasites, BUT, the people just took the water and that was the end of that little experiment in legalised day light robbery. They could not doubt try again and again, but the same will happen. Stopping people taking water is unenforceable. There are not enough policemen in the world to stop everyone catching rain water or going to a river, or digging a well or just 'dew catching'. And then, when the people get angry....it's not going to be pretty. Just saying!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I guess in the future water is going to be like gasoline. If you can't afford it, you'll just have to walk.

But with only 1% of the world's water suitable for drinking, guess who's going to win the race of getting most of it in it's possession?

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

In Namibia we pay for water already AND it's recycled! Not only that but the more you use the more expensive it gets. Lets say we pay 1.50$ per litre for the first 10000 litres, the price then goes up to 1.75$ for the next 5000litres, the next 5000L is 2.00$ per litre and so on! (These prices and quantities are not real as I don't have my utilities bill with me at the moment). The worst thing is is if you happen to fall behind on your utilities (water and electricity) they don't cut your electricity, THEY CUT YOUR WATER and it stays cut off until the entire bill plus a reconnection fee plus interest is paid in full!
edit on 17/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What can they do about the stuff that falls from the sky?
It might well be easy to control people trapped in cities....but in the country side I doubt it will be possible.
I do remember some states in the US they are attempting to stop rain water collection and make it illegal.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Does Nestle own Redbull? Nestle has been trying to own water rights all over the planet - there's a video of one of the head honcho's bragging about it somewhere - and then he had to talk it back.

Yeah, it makes sense to pay for water that is piped to your house and sewer water use - but the "illegal rain water collection" is bullcrap.

top topics

join