It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hello and odd question about fuzzy balls!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

Thought I would introduce myself as everyone seems to which is nice

I'm pretty much like a lot of you on here, I have a big interest in the what shall we call it? The alternative? The abnormal? I'm not sure what it is but I know that even as a child I was interested in UFO's, the paranormal etc and would often be found reading a book about mysteries of the world.

I am always thinking, wondering and questioning everything in my head which is extremely annoying, I look at other people who just accept things and wish I was like them sometimes, life is so much easier for them. I know that if I looked out the window and saw all the people running one way I would go in the opposite direction.

Anyway, I really enjoy this site, check it every day and if something has happened I come here first for up to date news.

So onto the fuzzy balls!

This is going to be really hard to explain, I am hoping there is at least one person who knows what I mean but I doubt it!!!

When I was younger and trying to go to sleep there would be in my mind these kind of fuzzy fluffy dark balls-smallish and I had a sense of calm and comfort whilst drifting off, they were just there and didn't bother me, however they would sometimes change and I knew the change was coming by the strange sounds that would gradually get louder and scarier, the balls would then get bigger and come towards me in my mind and I had to open my eyes to stop it.
My sister also had them and we shared a bedroom so I don't know-they weren't dreams though.

If anyone at all has experienced anything similar would be great to know

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Welcome to the family. Not gonna go into dream territory, tempting as it is........hope you get some answers.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Sort of. The fuzzy balls in my mind would form a larger circle in the shape of a starfish with 20 or so legs. Dark color and a sort of bubbling look. Like the kind you would get if you poured black soda in a glass and observed the black froth. It coexisted with extreme vertigo which I did not know what that was at such an early age. Eventually the occurrence was less and less although I would experience the vertigo throughout life. Usually brought on by my father giving me one of his talks that I'd get if I was "in trouble". His face was literally miles from me and right in front of me the same way the fuzzy balls were in early years.
My vertigo inducing starfish is one of my very first memories and is to the best of my memory my first nightmare. When I say one of the first memories I mean really. It is right there with getting fed a bottle of warm milk as a baby. I asked my mom when I was weaned of bottles and it was around the age of 3.
A couple of times in my adulthood I had a dream with the dark fuzzy starfish but I would recognise everything as a common feeling and pop into a lucid state and cause it to disappear.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 7/17/2013 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Yesmaybe

Welcome to ATS.

I hope you will enjoy it here.

Here are some good links to help you in your journey...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Now about the fuzzy balls....

You know, I considered creating a thread about this once but really couldn't find the words to formulate my experience with fuzzy balls. As a child I would have the same thing. Usually there were two balls and one would grow in size as if it was coming towards me, go back to the background and the other one would come towards me... Only way to stop it was to open my eyes.

Almost like one of those sesame-street cartoons..

Weird huh?? I have no idea what it means....

Anyway, have fun here on ATS.

Peace
edit on 17-7-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Welcome - and I hope you enjoy your time here. I can't relate to the fuzzy balls at all - but find it curious that one poster has already related your experience. Bizarre

ETA Two Posters have related already - crazy
edit on 17-7-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yesmaybe
Hello everyone,

Thought I would introduce myself as everyone seems to which is nice

I'm pretty much like a lot of you on here, I have a big interest in the what shall we call it? The alternative? The abnormal? I'm not sure what it is but I know that even as a child I was interested in UFO's, the paranormal etc and would often be found reading a book about mysteries of the world.

I am always thinking, wondering and questioning everything in my head which is extremely annoying, I look at other people who just accept things and wish I was like them sometimes, life is so much easier for them. I know that if I looked out the window and saw all the people running one way I would go in the opposite direction.

Anyway, I really enjoy this site, check it every day and if something has happened I come here first for up to date news.

So onto the fuzzy balls!

This is going to be really hard to explain, I am hoping there is at least one person who knows what I mean but I doubt it!!!

When I was younger and trying to go to sleep there would be in my mind these kind of fuzzy fluffy dark balls-smallish and I had a sense of calm and comfort whilst drifting off, they were just there and didn't bother me, however they would sometimes change and I knew the change was coming by the strange sounds that would gradually get louder and scarier, the balls would then get bigger and come towards me in my mind and I had to open my eyes to stop it.
My sister also had them and we shared a bedroom so I don't know-they weren't dreams though.

If anyone at all has experienced anything similar would be great to know

Welcome!!

The answers to your fuzzy balls question shall be numerous and varied.

From pollen caught in your eyelashes to the balls being a coded message about 9-11.

Please remain calm and ignore the trolls.

Nice intro though!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
The answers to your fuzzy balls question shall be numerous and varied.

From pollen caught in your eyelashes to the balls being a coded message about 9-11.

I think the explanation will be more psychological than physical. I found this Sesamestreet animation from when I was a kid and I could believe something similar might have made such an "impact" on me when I was young that I visualized this concept of small-vs-big subconsciously and uncontrollably...

Small = cute, friendly, non-threatening
Big = angry, threatening

Or something like that.....really just talking out of my.....

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hummmm.......
This is a new one for me. And just when I thought I'd heard it all.

I was going to say it was your spirit guides because of the calm feeling you got from it, but then you said it scared you when it grew and came toward you. So, I'm not sure it was your guides.
Could your fear just have been caused from not knowing what was about to happen next?

I hope someone can help you figure it out.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Welcome. have fun!

I'm sure a few people here will now have nightmares about fuzzy balls.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Sort of. The fuzzy balls in my mind would form a larger circle in the shape of a starfish with 20 or so legs. Dark color and a sort of bubbling look. Like the kind you would get if you poured black soda in a glass and observed the black froth. It coexisted with extreme vertigo which I did not know what that was at such an early age. Eventually the occurrence was less and less although I would experience the vertigo throughout life. Usually brought on by my father giving me one of his talks that I'd get if I was "in trouble". His face was literally miles from me and right in front of me the same way the fuzzy balls were in early years.
My vertigo inducing starfish is one of my very first memories and is to the best of my memory my first nightmare. When I say one of the first memories I mean really. It is right there with getting fed a bottle of warm milk as a baby. I asked my mom when I was weaned of bottles and it was around the age of 3.
A couple of times in my adulthood I had a dream with the dark fuzzy starfish but I would recognise everything as a common feeling and pop into a lucid state and cause it to disappear.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 7/17/2013 by staple because: (no reason given)

Hmm interesting, I sense that you had a similar feeling but mine did not have legs

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Welcome to ATS.

I hope you will enjoy it here.

Here are some good links to help you in your journey...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Now about the fuzzy balls....

You know, I considered creating a thread about this once but really couldn't find the words to formulate my experience with fuzzy balls. As a child I would have the same thing. Usually there were two balls and one would grow in size as if it was coming towards me, go back to the background and the other one would come towards me... Only way to stop it was to open my eyes.

Almost like one of those sesame-street cartoons..

Weird huh?? I have no idea what it means....

Anyway, have fun here on ATS.

Peace
edit on 17-7-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

Thanks, interesting and I'm glad you considered making a thread about them, it is very hard to explain though

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Welcome - and I hope you enjoy your time here. I can't relate to the fuzzy balls at all - but find it curious that one poster has already related your experience. Bizarre

ETA Two Posters have related already - crazy
edit on 17-7-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

Thanks and yes I don't feel quite as weird now asking about them lol

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

Ha ha yes-thanks

new topics

top topics

join