It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukemap - Interactive map showing what Happens If A Nuke Explodes In Your Neighborhood?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Created by Alex Wellerstein, a nuclear historian, this very cool and precise interactive map allows people to explore the blast radius of a nuclear bomb anywhere in the world.

Users can select the tiniest bomb ever designed, all the way up to the largest, and see what the fall out would be.  I suspect especially the preppers will love it, but it is there for all who think Warbama might drop the big one on all of us.

Have fun here

The most common mirv nukesize on icbm´s from subs or land is around 1-2 megatons (see more here

If such a 'mother' fell on your city, would you survive the blast and heat wave?

edit on 17-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I was actually quite surprised to see how little damage a North Korean nuke would have on my nearest city. Oxford England. Even their most powerful nuke wouldn't destroy the whole city or surrounding area.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Wow..that is pretty neat, i just nuked D.C. with a B-61.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was actually quite surprised to see how little damage a North Korean nuke would have on my nearest city. Oxford England. Even their most powerful nuke wouldn't destroy the whole city or surrounding area.

A North Korean nuke is not strong in yield but certainly dirty as hell. The radioactive cloud and bad winds would certainly get you.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kreyvic

Only a tiny B-61? I would have used a Tsar Bomba on those hell whores from chicago. After the blast, the smell of roasted political bacon would fill the entire east coast

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think I've seen this one around before but I still find it interesting to play with.
They should make a map showing the disaster zone from different sized comets. That would be cool.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

That Tsar bomba would wipe the UK out, maybe 2 to finish us off. Scary...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

There are many good films on this big 'mother' of H-bomb on the youtube but I find this short shoot of a Tsar detonation without sound, raher unsettling.

wikilink

A true doomsday weapon.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Only a tiny B-61? I would have used a Tsar Bomba on those hell whores from chicago. After the blast, the smell of roasted political bacon would fill the entire east coast

Congratulations, with those comments you're both on a watch list now.

Don't worry, as I'm sure everyone who checks this thread out will do, I nuked my home city too.

All jokes aside, I've seen this and a couple other sites like it.
Pretty cool to play with and see how much damage different sized bombs can do to different cities or areas.

Thanks OP for giving me something to bookmark.

Now, I'm off to go level a few more cites before bed. Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

Congratulations, with those comments you're both on a watch list now.

Don't worry, as I'm sure everyone who checks this thread out will do, I nuked my home city too.

All jokes aside, I've seen this and a couple other sites like it.
Pretty cool to play with and see how much damage different sized bombs can do to different cities or areas.

Thanks OP for giving me something to bookmark.

Now, I'm off to go level a few more cites before bed. Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.

Try a W-87 over the white house and see what happens
Does it wipe out the chicago mob currently occupying that place, perhaps even the congress?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Just makes you shake your head at human beings insanity. Even testing such weapons must have devastating effect on the environment. Just think of the sick nature that would test these things in a beautiful place like Bikini Attol.

Just out of interest, when they test these things, does the radiation go into the atmosphere?

Here's a vid of every time a device has been used or tested from the very first to the latest. Interesting to see the UK and France only test in other people's countries.

edit on 17-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

We have a worldwide Cancer Pandemic as a result of all this testing...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If Philadelphia gets hit by a big bomb ... and I'm sure it's on every 'hit list' out there .... then we'd be in the red/blue area of getting hit by that big air blast. We'd be dead pretty quickly I"m sure. Which might be better than lingering for months with burns and radiation sickness just to die a miserable death anyways.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This map tool realy puts into perspective the devastating power of the larger yield H bombs. We have all seen the terrible footage of the aftertmath in Hiroshima and nagasaki, but those bombs only cover a tiny area of your home city. The bigger ones held by the U.S and Russia can literally wipe out huge chunks of a country with each blast.

Anyone prepping to survive such an attack is deluded...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It depends on the Jet stream as well.

Doesn't the Jet stream run to the east?

So if the east coast was to get hit (no big loss there) the rest of the country would be alright correct?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

Theoretically, yeah. There would still be a small amount that would leach westward, but the majority of it would head the other way, away from the population.

I'm glad I live in Michigan.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I second the motion, even though the hog butcher for the world is still some well spread-out
pork. I'm only 30 mi west suburbs but will gladly take a big bite for the Gipper.
WTH with two or three simultaneously busrting mirvs it'll be fast... and great point spread.

But please, pack all the lawyers in the tri-counties area into the Dirksen Building first. I'll draw
them in with an ad in the Trib for bottomless cottage fries with your pork pull croissant. GOOMPH.
Cottage fries, damn I'm good.
"Hell whores", why so lowball John? I don't think Hell wants them either...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, using the biggest one, If Lansing gets hit (our capital) I'm toast. But if they go for Detroit, looks like I'm ok!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

There are many good films on this big 'mother' of H-bomb on the youtube but I find this short shoot of a Tsar detonation without sound, raher unsettling.

wikilink

A true doomsday weapon.

That just rubber stamps the proof needed that "men" are idiots, scientific men are bigger idiots and political men are just downright scary idiots.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie

I second the motion, even though the hog butcher for the world is still some well spread-out
pork. I'm only 30 mi west suburbs but will gladly take a big bite for the Gipper.
WTH with two or three simultaneously busrting mirvs it'll be fast... and great point spread.

But please, pack all the lawyers in the tri-counties area into the Dirksen Building first. I'll draw
them in with an ad in the Trib for bottomless cottage fries with your pork pull croissant. GOOMPH.
Cottage fries, damn I'm good.
"Hell whores", why so lowball John? I don't think Hell wants them either...

Nice one derfreebie. I fell of the chair laughing. Saved my day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join