Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

4 Zimmerman Trial Jurors Release Statement: Anonymous Juror On CNN Does Not Speak For Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yeah, that's right, the chick that was going for the book deal does not speak for the rest of the jury. So stop with the chest thumping. These women had a difficult time with their job. In the end, reasonable doubt won the day.

I am not going to even go to the place that suggests a thrown prosecution. Where I will go, and state without doubt is that this was not a slam dunk. The jurors struggled with their decisions.

Having said that, here is the rest:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The juror who wants to write a book about didn't say she planned to speak for everyone, did she? I understood her to mean she was going to write about her experiences as a juror and express her point of view.

Why do these ladies feel the need to explain that someone else isn't speaking for them?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Well because this woman made that statement that she felt that Zimmerman absolutely was in fear of his life. That is why.

Apparently the other jurors don't agree.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Where's the 6th one? We have the 4 signed there. The one who went hunting a book deal ...that makes 5. Out of 6 Jurors. Someone is shy or just a no opinion kinda person? Hmm..
edit on 17-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe the 6th juror just went on with her life, like the rest of us should do.

Whatever happened, happened. No matter how many protests or post go on about this, its history, move on.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Well, I am not sure. Maybe she is seeking out her own book deal. I am not sure Wrabbit.

I think when the jury does come out and talk you will discover why it took as long as it did.

edit on 17-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Sorry I hadn't added my S/F. (corrected now
) It's a good catch and this is the interesting part now for how it's impacting the Jurors. My wife had just recently served on a short federal trial on fraud. 3 days jury duty on that doesn't compare anything to this of course, but it's made me more interested to follow.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Wow, that must have been interesting for her. I hope they were innocent

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I see these four jurors pretty much validateing what juror B-37 said. Their original and first vote was 3-Not Guilty, 2- Guilty of 2nd degree murder and 1 - Guilty of manslaughter. So they kept on deliberating.

B-37 said it was a emotional experiance, so does this letter.

I think that they are covering their bases for when their names are released.

Many people want to know what went on behind the scenes, to know how they came about their decision. B-37 just jumped the gun without consulting the others.

Regardless, there will be plenty of books put out there, and more than likely, who prints first will make the most.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ya know,.
I would swear that the media is determined to have the US in a race conflict
this case needs to be let go

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The CNN Interviewed Juror never claimed to be speaking for all of them.
And these jurors pretty much said what she said ... they did what the law required.
So ... I don't understand this comment by the OP ...

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Yeah, that's right, the chick that was going for the book deal does not speak for the rest of the jury. So stop with the chest thumping.

What 'chest thumping' are you talking about??
Why call the juror interviewed by CNN 'the chick' instead of 'the woman'??
The 'yah, that's right ..' stuff kinda sounds a bit 'in your face' ... why??

I"m not getting the purpose of the opening post. Could you explain it please? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Ameilia

Well because this woman made that statement that she felt that Zimmerman absolutely was in fear of his life. That is why.

Apparently the other jurors don't agree.

You said it best, without actually realizing what you just said.

because this woman made that statement that SHE felt that Zimmerman absolutely was in fear of his life.

SHE felt Zimmerman was in fear for his life. She felt that way. She never said everyone on the Jury felt that way.

Also if you watch the interview with Anderson Cooper, she plainly said she was not speaking for all the Jurors, only for herself.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
About the book

George Zimmerman juror loses book deal after online uproar
www.thestar.com...

But it emerged Tuesday that the juror’s literary agent, Sharlene Martin, was the first to have a change of heart following hours of social media pressure.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Who is protesting here. We are having a discussion. You want to stymie that??

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You were all over the original post when the chick came out and hired a literary agent. You have been all over the Zimmerman thread. So don't feign ignorance.

I am saying that it wasn't the "slam dunk", "no evidence" bull puckey you peddled on end.

These women had a tough time coming to their decision.

So it wasn't a slam dunk see ya in 20 minutes after you get your bagel in the jury deliberation room.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Juror B-37 really did seem to sympathize with George and seemed to take his word as the gospel truth (like SO many Zimmerman supporters). She also said some questionable things about Rachel Jeantel and "them" and I would want to distance myself from this juror, too.

I feel sorry for these people. They didn't ask for this and I appreciate what they did, even though they didn't bring the verdict I wanted.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
About the book

George Zimmerman juror loses book deal after online uproar
www.thestar.com...

But it emerged Tuesday that the juror’s literary agent, Sharlene Martin, was the first to have a change of heart following hours of social media pressure.

Let me translate that excerpt:

"But it emerged Tuesday that the juror’s literary agent, Sharlene Martin, was the first to have a change of heart following hours of social media DEATH THREATS"
edit on 17-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Very wise move on their part considering the death threats.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think I was pretty clear. You and all your like-minded friends were all over the Zimmerman thread with how there was no evidence. It was a "slam dunk". Then all of you almost wet yourself waiting until day 2 of deliberations.

What I said was, that there was reasonable doubt. And those women applied the law fairly to your hero boy.

It wasn't as cut and dry as you made it out to be.

Reasonable people disagree.
edit on 17-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join