It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were White and They were Slaves

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
And for any who did not believe my post about Whites not needing to apply in Canada for some jobs:

SOURCE

DISGUSTING: Casting Call For CBC Job Says Whites Need Not Apply

An independent casting company is looking to recruit a CBC Kids Host of “any race except Caucasian”. The company, Larissa Mair Casting & Associates, has since deleted the offensive Craigslist call,

SOURCE

White people need not apply? Correctional Service disqualifying whites By KATHLEEN HARRIS, OTTAWA BUREAU, SUN MEDIA Critics are calling it "craziness" that the Correctional Service of Canada is disqualifying candidates for parole officer jobs because they're white. An Ontario job-seeker received a rejection letter recently, advising that only aboriginals and visible minorities need apply. "Please be advised that effective immediately the Ontario region of the Correctional Service of Canada is no longer maintaining an inventory for parole officer applications from the general public," the Feb. 19 letter reads. "Due to staffing resources we will continue to accept applications from aboriginal and visible-minority candidates only."

Source

Exposed: DC ‘Metro’ Subway’s Racially Biased, Willfully Incompetent Policies

Read some of the details below:

Ninety-seven percent of the bus and train operators at the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority are black, with only six white women out of more than 3,000 drivers, according to Metro documents — a lack of diversity at one of the region’s largest employers that has led to an acknowledgment of failure in affirmative-action documents and spawned a series of lawsuits.[...]

White and Hispanic employees who allege discrimination have found a deaf ear at Metro’s civil rights office, whose 17 employees are black. Until at least 1999, that office tracked complaints via a handwritten ledger on a series of taped-together sheets of paper, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Times. The system “made determining statistics impossible,” said a civil rights employee from the time.[...]

For example, Ms. Townsend said, by 2004, many trains were operating without radios in defiance of federal rules. Other drivers confirmed that was common knowledge. So she authored a study and included a recommendation that Metro start substituting cellphones.

“I was read the riot act: ‘You had no right to compile these statistics,’ even though it was my job. They didn’t want people showing problems,” she said.

How is denying equal opportunity to whites helping? Shouldn't the most qualified get the job be they black, white, "other", male or female? This will cause blow back eventually if it is not stopped.
edit on 19-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Three words CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! thanks for the link that's just crazy and in Canada??

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Here is a source to read:

They were Barbado'ed

Barbado'ed: Europe's forgotten Sugar Slaves
Today, the word "Barbados" conjures images of a Caribbean paradise; sandy white beaches, sunshine and an ice cold rum punch. Centuries ago however, about 170 Scottish Jacobite rebels were “Barbado’ed” after the rising of 1715 — and there are other sources of Scots ancestry in Barbados, too. From then on, Irish and Scottish thieves, prostitutes and any others who broke the law were sentenced to be 'Barbado'ed' - a brutal punishment which meant a life of hardship as an indentured servant in the West Indies. More often than not this lead to a premature death due to overwork and deplorable living conditions; the searing heat, blazing sun and days spent in the fields were not kind to the European white folk.

They were transported to Barbados by Oliver Cromwell after the Civil War and many direct descendants still live on the East coast of the island. They were nicknamed "red legs" (because they got their legs sunburned below the hem of their kilts when working in the cane fields) or “Backras” (apparently because no respectable family wanted to sit next to poor white trash in church. They were made to sit in the back pews only.)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Your quote:

my question again is When did Irish slaves become free and considered white? if the plight was the same why weren't the Irish and blacks working together? When did the split happen?? why didn't the Irish go through American Civil rights movements with blacks

They were slaves alongside blacks for a period of time. But of course you'd rather speak on something you're ignorant to rather than bothering to do 10 minutes of research. IMO - You're pretty blatantly saying your problems are worse than mine. And it's painfully obvious you know nothing of my people's history. The fact that you're making these assumptions about my ancestors without doing the research while simultaneous putting your ancestor's own problems on a pedestal is proof enough of that.

FYI: The idea of "whites" didn't come around until the early 1900's. Before that, pretty much all ethnically white people hated one another. Just like different ethnic groups within Africa which were dark-skinned hated one another.
edit on 19-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jul 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip
www.globalresearch.ca...

I don't like black people looking at me like I'm whitey. I think it's a damn shame they aren't taught real history.
edit on 18-7-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

actually I dont think anyone is taught real history.
And what exactly is "looking at someone like whitey"?
Cos damn, thats a new one by me.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

www.globalresearch.ca...

I don't like black people looking at me like I'm whitey. I think it's a damn shame they aren't taught real history.

I'll tell you what it is. It's when you go into a room, a job area etc where you are white and they are blacks and they give you the separate treatment. I will share one experience I had as a police dispatcher in a 50/50 white black call center. I worked alongside my black co-workers for three years, was polite and professional. They barely talked and often openly made snide comments to each other about whites in the call center. They never acted friendly towards the whites. Then a new black younger woman comes in and within the week they are all talking about how they got together for lunch and went to each others houses.

That's sort of how I have experienced the "whitey" treatment. The strange silences, the walking away, bumping your shoulder for no reason sort of passive aggressive crap. At the same time, I witnessed some blacks come in who did not seem to have attitudes. They hung out with both the white and blacks, came to lunch on our days off and then got the "treatment" from those other blacks and out of peer pressure quit doing anything with us. So, maybe I am out of bounds in answering your question, but there is obvious animosity coming from some blacks in social and work settings and it is tolerated by management because it's a nebulous topic.

"That's not was I meant" or "you shouldn't try to read into other's behavior" sort of responses if you do say something regarding some pretty passive aggressive actions and looks. It's a proven fact that we do more silent communicating than verbal and to pretend there isn't this issue is pretty sad.

edit regarding the whitey issue... this treatment seems to be born out of an idea that I as a white person am somehow responsible for whatever grievances they have about the past when they don't even know me or my history.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Originally posted by OneManArmy

www.globalresearch.ca...

I'll tell you what it is. It's when you go into a room, a job area etc where you are white and they are blacks and they give you the separate treatment. I will share one experience I had as a police dispatcher in a 50/50 white black call center. I worked alongside my black co-workers for three years, was polite and professional. They barely talked and often openly made snide comments to each other about whites in the call center. They never acted friendly towards the whites. Then a new black younger woman comes in and within the week they are all talking about how they got together for lunch and went to each others houses.

That's sort of how I have experienced the "whitey" treatment. The strange silences, the walking away, bumping your shoulder for no reason sort of passive aggressive crap. At the same time, I witnessed some blacks come in who did not seem to have attitudes. They hung out with both the white and blacks, came to lunch on our days off and then got the "treatment" from those other blacks and out of peer pressure quit doing anything with us. So, maybe I am out of bounds in answering your question, but there is obvious animosity coming from some blacks in social and work settings and it is tolerated by management because it's a nebulous topic.

"That's not was I meant" or "you shouldn't try to read into other's behavior" sort of responses if you do say something regarding some pretty passive aggressive actions and looks. It's a proven fact that we do more silent communicating than verbal and to pretend there isn't this issue is pretty sad.

edit regarding the whitey issue... this treatment seems to be born out of an idea that I as a white person am somehow responsible for whatever grievances they have about the past when they don't even know me or my history.

What you describe is simply ignorance, nothing more nothing less. Self perpetuating ignorance. Which is the realm of no single ethnic group, but them all.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Irish Slave Trade- White Cargo

pridecomethbeforeafall.wordpress.com...

White People Sold As Negro Slaves

One facet that militated against poor white men held as a Negro was the belief that the poor whites were better off as slaves, a doctrine whose principal supporter was George Fitzhugh,a leading writer of the times. William Chambers of encyclopedia fame who visited America in the 1850s tells of the agitation in certain quarters to make poor white chattel slaves,and quoted Fitzhugh as follows:"Race! Do not speak to us of race we care nothing for breed or color. What we contend for is, that slavery whether black or white, is a normal,a proper institution in society." He quotes Fitzhugh further,Slavery,White or black,is right and necessary;"

In 1791,William Cunningham confessed on his death bed that in August 1774,that he had bought a number of white people,kidnapped in Ireland and sold them into slavery in America,When these Europeans arrived young it was easy to sell them as Negroes,the more so as they were kidnapped and had no papers or proof of whom they were.

Helderth,noted historian of 1850's pointed the ease with which whites could be made into Negro slaves, he says"Just catch a stray Irish or German girl and sell her a thing sometimes done-and she turns ''n-word'' at once and make just as good a slave as if there were African blood in her vains."

Even the courts sometimes ruled against these white people held as Negroes,denouncing them as frauds, The most celebrated case of this kind was that of a German woman,Salome Mueller,who was declared a Negro by the supreme court of Louisiana.

Paraphrasing this part.

Salome or Sally Mueller was born in Alsace Germany,July 10 1813,and was bought to America in 1817 by her father,who was to held into indentured servitude,long story short both parents died her mother at sea and the father upon arrival in America she fell into the hands of a slave -dealer who specialized in kidnapping and selling white people as Negroes,she was hired out to Belmonti,a cafe proprietor of New Orleans. several witnesses testified on the stand that Miller had other"Negro slaves as white in color as Sally,after about 20yrs sally, now called Mary Bridget,was married to a Negro slave,by whom she had three children,one day a cousin who made the trip from Germany happened to passed by the Belmonti cafe and saw her she was struck by the resemblance to Mueller her dad,she asked the woman if she wasn't Sally Mueller and was she white.."no" Sally said I'am a yellow girl,named Mary Bridget. the cousin remained unconvinced a German resident in New Orleans went to her birth place and dug up her birth certificate and she was freed.

Even crazier were cases of tanning stolen white kids and selling as slaves in the south
All the above was taken from the book SEX AND RACE by J.A Rogers vol II except for the pic...sorry no links this was typed from the book.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Spider879 because: clean up

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Have to tip my hat if even grudgingly to the overlords they do know how to divide and conquer very well and this^ vid buttress a point I made earlier that the poor whites were sold on the color of their skin and were told no matter how poor you were,you were above a black no matter how accomplished he/she is for you were white you could join the class of the overlords..take these same red legs,move them down south or some where in the Appalachian mts where they would be known as red necks a lot of whom hold tightly to that notion just like in this vid they would police the system of the overlords but quickly dispensed with when no longer needed, some would be induced to join terrorist organizations like the KKK whose leaders were angling themselves for upward mobility within the system for they in general chose so-called race over class to this day but remained bitterly poor. at-least the Red Legs of Barbados are beginning to come around.

Slavery by Another Name is a 90-minute documentary that challenges one of Americans’ most cherished assumptions: the belief that slavery in this country ended with the Emancipation Proclamation. The film tells how even as chattel slavery came to an end in the South in 1865, thousands of African Americans were pulled back into forced labor with shocking force and brutality. It was a system in which men, often guilty of no crime at all, were arrested, compelled to work without pay, repeatedly bought and sold, and coerced to do the bidding of masters. Tolerated by both the North and South, forced labor lasted well into the 20th century. For most Americans this is entirely new history. Slavery by Another Name gives voice to the largely forgotten victims and perpetrators of forced labor and features their descendants living today.
www.pbs.org...
The above give lie to the myth that Black folks do not or did not work hard enough to become successful citizens the fact is they were stymied and had to spend 3 or 4 generations on civil rights rather than economic mobility like other new comers,the prison system fill with AAs carry over to this day..now with private prisons or the Prison Industrial Complex..and mass incarceration of people for profit..bring on the Hunger Games.
I implore all who are lurking and participated in this thread please take the time to view both vids.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

You make some great points. People in abject poverty want out in any way even if it is not right, just or fair. I think we have come to point in the country where if we don't get off this race issue we will never overcome it. I believe it's becoming a bitter point in the white community that is no longer getting the preferential treatment, but is struggling a great deal working multiple part time jobs or not finding work, losing their homes all while being called racists and somehow needing to pay for the past.

Education and skills is the way out. It would be better for us lower class to ban together, refuse to patronize those big businesses, and use our skills locally. Maybe it is time to begin true apprenticeship programs for our teenagers. College is not the dream it once was as many come out and have huge debt and little prospects of using their degree as they intended. A college degree is nothing more than a way for employers to keep those without said degree from applying. I am not saying college is wrong. I have a degree and two minors. Unless you are going into a field that is of the higher professions which requires a degree I say pass, and learn a good skill. Most college educated people I know couldn't change their brakes, oil, or windshield wipers if needed. They pay out the nose for said skills. Heating and air is never going out of style. Neither is plumbing or medical skills trades.

We should ban together, form a lower class union of sorts, cut each other breaks and barter locally. This beast that has us by the throats will otherwise destroy us.

Again, you have great points to share, and I appreciate your insights.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Most college educated people I know couldn't change their brakes, oil, or windshield wipers if needed. They pay out the nose for said skills. Heating and air is never going out of style. Neither is plumbing or medical skills trades. We should ban together, form a lower class union of sorts, cut each other breaks and barter locally. This beast that has us by the throats will otherwise destroy us.

This is quite pointed, for I just watched a Bill Maher episode were a guest complained that even in this tough jobs market 3 million good paying jobs remained unfulfilled because they are blue color jobs and not attractive to young people, I did some checking independent of what I saw and confirmed this.

Siemens’ Peter Solmssen says he has3,000 job openings in America he’s having trouble filling. Cummins CEO Tim Solso told CNBC back in June that he can’t find skilled workers for his manufacturing plants. When we askedAir Power Systems CEO Larry Mocha if he was having trouble finding skilled workers he responded “that’s the biggest problem we’ve got.” Those complaints were echoed by a number of executives at a recent conference CNBC attended.
www.cnbc.com...

I said to another poster earlier that we are indeed moving from a Race based society to a class based one but I am not exactly jumping with glee..for in the end we either sell each other out behaving like crabs in a barrel pulling each other down or be smarter then the overlords and pull each other out of the barrel.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

oops no
This Booker T Washington( we learned about him in grade school)

oh Spider got the wiki source, so here's another one

www.loc.gov...
edit on 20-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

Much like the bulk of conservatives today. Even though the GOP is run primarily by money interests,

Well, as long as we are discussing political persuasion, it seems the Democrats still think they own blacks, and minorities too. All one has to do is look at the what the Democrats and the media did to Herman Cain during the GOP primaries. Tea Partiers are not allowed to support a candidate with zero white ancestry without Democrats suggesting it's just for show. I happened to like Herman Cain's out of the box business ideas, but what did Democrats and the media do? They brought in some women to accuse him of sexual harassment. Quickest way to get rid of an opponent. It's disgusting. And I still like Cain and I don't believe the accusations.
I also like Allen West very much. Why did the Democrats rip into every black GOP? Democrats are pushing Socialism and they will destroy anyone who might take away their black constituency.
As for the Republicans are richer than Democrats bull, all I can say is, Bill Gates put 5 billion bucks into the Common Core education and nationalizing education in America. Bill Gates is liberal as the day is long
Care to argue these points?
Then there's Theresa Heinz and John Kerry. Very monied Democrats. Warren Buffett, George Soros, the Kennedy family, and then there's the Goldman Sachs crowd who populated the Obama admin.

So please do not bore everyone with silly accusations that have zero basis in reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join