It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were White and They were Slaves

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

But like the Irish did before they kept organizing and building a political base at first around civil rights issues through organizations like the NAACP and the like, others saw no point in trying to integrate so they formed Back to Africa movements mainly the Garveyites and religious ones like the Nation Of Islam ,some built economic and educational institutions like the Tuskegee Institute established by Booker T. Washington a predecessor for all later historical black colleges,

Are we talking about the same Booker T who teaches that white people are the all albinos allergic to the Sun with a shrunken/calcified pineal gland....haha and this you say should be the standard of education in all historical black colleges.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by noissucnoc16
Blacks who where only 3/5 of a man but u skunk was a whole skunk couldn't even walk on a white mans shadow or he was killed on spot in those times your thread is irrelevant

Yea and it was the Black's in Africa that were rounding up their fellow Black's and selling them into slavery to the Slave trader's to begin with.
So the Blacks should not of sold, themselves in the first place and it would just be the White slaves that complains about the past.
Their has been all kind of injustice in the past, time to get over it and deal with the problems of the day. Not letting the crooked politicians of today, manipulate your minds to divide the will of a Nation.

I've know about the White slaves for a long time, I''m Irish, I know all about, I know how my ancestors were in prison and were to be hung.
Didn't see to many black's in the New World, did ya?
I want my reparations and I want it now.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In Africa when one tribe fought another. The winners killed all the men and took the women and children as slaves. Then the white men came along, so instead of killing his tribal enemies he just sold them into slavery. Life as a slave? Or death by the hand of your victors?
When the slaves were freed, there were still children here in England. Being worked to death in the mills or stuck up chimneys ect.
I didnt know that about the Irish, I always thought it was the indentured thing. 10 years or something and then freedom. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Best schools in the country, huh?

I went to public school in Milwaukee and I'm aware that there were white slaves.

I was actually taught that there was white slaves as well at my school. My teachers didn't use the word slave though just indentured servants. Which I know now it seems to be a fancy word for slavery. I am not going to jump on the fence on who had it worse, because I have never walked in those footprints. I think the comparison lies with that individual who was a slave. No one knows what it is truly like, unless they were placed in some human trafficking situation that still goes on today. It is amazing that slavery still goes on in this time period all over the world. Schools do not teach that slavery is still alive and well. I do not understand why schools do not go further in depth of the subject white slaves. I remember in school that they seem to made it see like it was not big of a deal to be a white slave, because of the "indentured servant", it was like they were brain washed as well. Anyone who owns a human being is just cruel, doesn't matter how well they treat the person. It is just cruel and wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Indentured Servitude is not really a slave.More of a loan really.

This INDENTURE Witnesseth that James Best a Laborer doth Voluntarily put himself Servant to Captain Stephen Jones Master of the Snow Sally to serve the said Stephen Jones and his Assigns, for and during the full Space, Time and Term of three Years from the first Day of the said James’ arrival in Philadelphia in AMERICA, during which Time or Term the said Master or his Assigns shall and will find and supply the said James with sufficient Meat, Drink, Apparel, Lodging and all other necessaries befitting such a Servant, and at the end and expiration of said Term, the said James to be made Free, and receive according to the Custom of the Country. Provided nevertheless, and these Presents are on this Condition, that if the said James shall pay the said Stephen Jones or his Assigns 15 Pounds British in twenty one Days after his arrival he shall be Free, and the above Indenture and every Clause therein, absolutely Void and of no Effect. In Witness whereof the said Parties have hereunto interchangeably put their Hands and Seals the 6th Day of July in the Year of our Lord, One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy Three in the Presence of the Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of London. (signatures)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

I don't like black people looking at me like I'm whitey. I think it's a damn shame they aren't taught real history.
edit on 18-7-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Are we talking about the same Booker T who teaches that white people are the all albinos allergic to the Sun with a shrunken/calcified pineal gland....haha and this you say should be the standard of education in all historical black colleges.

Chraaist ! you mean to tell me.. after decades of Black History month and bitchin about it to boot you don't even know who Booker T Washington was??

Booker Taliaferro Washington (April 5, 1856 – November 14, 1915) was an African-American educator, author, orator, and advisor to presidents of the United States. Between 1890 and 1915, Washington was the dominant leader in the US African-American community. Washington was of the last generation of black American leaders born into slavery, who became the leading voice of the disfranchised former slaves newly oppressed by the discriminatory laws enacted in the post reconstruction Southern states in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. In 1895 his Atlanta compromise called for avoiding confrontation over segregation and instead putting more reliance on long-term educational and economic advancement in the black community. His base was the Tuskegee Institute, a state college for blacks in Alabama. As the threat of lynching reached a peak in 1895, Washington gave a speech in Atlanta that made him nationally famous. The speech called for black progress through education and entrepreneurship. His message was that now was not the time to challenge Jim Crow segregation and the disfranchisement of blacks voters in the South. Washington mobilized a nationwide coalition of middle class blacks, church leaders, and white philanthropists and politicians, with a long-term goal of building the community's economic strength and pride by a focus on self-help and schooling.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry but Booker T Washington couldn't make youtube vids because...HE DIED TWO YRS AFTER THE INVENTION OF THE AIRPLANE IN 1915!!
This level of ignorance is precisely why Black History Month was needed in the first place..

edit on 18-7-2013 by Spider879 because: clean-up

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Yup yup. I know who Booker T was, Much respect for that man. My city has a center in his name and they cater to every races needs. Just like Booker T would. That man is on the same level as MLK. (pbut)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Loving and kind father and mother,
My most humble duty remembered to you, hoping in God of your good health, as I myself at the making hereof.

This is to let you understand that I, your child, am in a most heavy case, by reason of the nature of the country, [which] is such that it causeth me much sickness, as the scurvy and the bloody flux [probably dysentery] and diverse other diseases, which make the body very poor and weak. And when we are sick, there is nothing to comfort us. For since I came out of the ship, I never ate anything but peas and loblollie (that is, water gruel). As for deer or venison, I never saw any since I came into this land. There is indeed some fowl, but we are not allowed to go and get it, but must work hard both early and late for a mess of water gruel and a mouthful of bread and beef. A mouthful of bread, for a penny loaf must serve four men, which is most pitiful, if you did know as much as I, when people cry out day and night, O that they were in England without their limbs, and would not care to lose any limbs to be in England, yea though they beg from door to door.

For we live in fear of the enemy every hour, yet we have had a combat with them on the Sunday before Shrovetide. And we took two alive and made slaves of them. But it was by policy, for we are in great danger, for our plantation is very weak, by reason of death and sickness of our company. For we came but twenty, for the merchants, and they are half dead just. And we look every hour when two or more should go. Yet there came some other men to live with us, of which there is but one alive, and our lieutenant is dead, and his father, and his brother, and there was some five or six of last year's twenty, of which there is but three left, so that we are fain to get other men to plant with us, and yet we are but thirty-two to fight against three thousand if they should come. And the nighest help that we have is ten miles of us. And when the rogues overcame this place last, they slew eighty persons.

And I have nothing to comfort me, nor is there nothing to be gotten here but sickness and death, except one had money to lay out in some things for profit. But I have nothing at all, no, not a shirt on my back, but two rags, nor no clothes, but one poor suit, nor but one pair of shoes, but one pair of stockings, but one cap. My cloak was stolen by one of my own fellows, and to his dying hour he would not tell me what he did with it. But some of my fellows saw him have butter and beef out of a ship, which my cloak I [don't] doubt paid for. So that I have not a penny, nor a penny worth to help me to either spice, or sugar, or strong waters [alcohol, probably rum], without the which one cannot live here. For as strong beer in England doth fatten and strengthen thee, so water doth wash and weaken here, only keeps life and soul together.

For I am not half a quarter as strong as I was in England, and all is for want of victuals, for I do protest unto you that I have eaten more in a day at home than I have allowed me here for a week. You have given more than my day's allowance to a beggar at the door.

And, if Mr. Jackson had not relieved me, I should be in a poor case. But he like and father and she like a loving mother doth still help me, for when we go up to James Town, that is ten miles of us, there lie all the ships that come to the land, and there they must deliver their goods. And when we went up to town as it may be on Monday at noon, and come there by night, then load the next day by noon, and go home in the afternoon, and unload, and then away again in the night, and be up about midnight. Then if it rained or blowed never so hard, we must lie in the boat in the water, and having nothing but a little bread, for when we go in the boat we have a loaf allowed to two men, and it is all [even] if we stayed there two days, which is hard. And we must lie all that while in the boat. But Goodman Jackson pitied me and made me a cabin to lie in always when I come up.... Oh, they be very godly folks, and love me very well, and will do anything for me. And he much marveled that you would send me a servant to the company. He said I had been better knocked on the head, and indeed I find it now to my grief and misery, and say that if you love me you will redeem me suddenly, for which I do entreat and beg. And if you cannot get the merchant to redeem me for some little money, then for God's sake get a gathering, or entreat some folks to lay out some little sum of money, in meals, and cheese and butter, and beef.

cont.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Wherefore for God's sake pity me. I pray you to remember my love to all my friends and kindred. I hope all my brothers and sisters are in good health, and as for my part, I have set down my resolution that certainly will be: that the answer to this letter will be life or death to me.
Source

This was a letter of one indentured servant. To the victors goes the right to print the history.

So you see, it's a devil's contract. They were lied to. They thought they would be treated fairly. They did not know they became utter property. They made a Faustian deal and they died. Just as the girls today who think they are coming to America or some other place better than where they live to earn an honest living and have a real chance at life only to be locked up as property, worked to death in sweat shops, as prostitutes, or house slaves, sex slaves. Hey, they signed a contract so it can't be all that bad right?
edit on 18-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You make excellent points, but I would like to point out that blacks are doing the exact same thing today. If you look up the percentage of black employees for instance at post office, you will see they seem to be a much higher percentage than their population. It's as if only blacks need apply. In fact, in Canada in a newspaper advertisement it flat out said, "whites need not apply".

I am having a difficult time believing the above.. but I am not versed in Canadian civil law..for unless it's some version of the KKK or Nazi in black face I don't see how that is legal or acceptable to any Canadian

I do believe there was a time where quota's were fair just to get blacks into jobs like fireman, police, or other government positions because they were simply not allowed to go into those jobs

I am in agreement with you on this but we can't relax because we are not in that post racial world yet for while obvious discrimination in employment will get you sued a more subtle and harder to detect version functions.

Unemployed Black Woman Pretends to be White, Job Offers Suddenly Skyrocket

Two years ago, I noticed that Monster.com had added a “diversity questionnaire” to the site. This gives an applicant the opportunity to identify their sex and race to potential employers. Monster.com guarantees that this “option” will not jeopardize your chances of gaining employment. You must answer this questionnaire in order to apply to a posted position—it cannot be skipped. At times, I would mark off that I was a Black female, but then I thought, this might be hurting my chances of getting employed, so I started selecting the “decline to identify” option instead. That still had no effect on my getting a job.

So I decided to try an experiment: I created a fake job applicant and called her Bianca White. First, I created an email account and resume for Bianca. I kept the same employment history and educational background on her resume that was listed on my own. But I removed my home phone number, kept my listed cell phone number, and changed my cell phone greeting to say, “You have reached Bianca White. Please leave a message

.” Then I created an online Monster.com account, listed Bianca as a White woman on the diversity questionnaire, and activated the account. That very same day, I received a phone call. The next day, my phone line and Bianca’s email address, were packed with potential employers calling for an interview. I was stunned. More shocking was that some employers, mostly Caucasian-sounding women, were calling Bianca more than once, desperate to get an interview with her. All along, my real Monster.com account was open and active; but, despite having the same background as Bianca, I received no phone calls. Two jobs actually did email me and Bianca at the same time.

But they were commission only sales positions. Potential positions offering a competitive salary and benefits all went to Bianca. At the end of my little experiment, (which lasted a week), Bianca White had received nine phone calls—I received none. Bianca had received a total of seven emails, while I’d only received two, which again happen to have been the same emails Bianca received. Let me also point out that one of the emails that contacted Bianca for a job wanted her to relocate to a different state, all expenses paid, should she be willing to make that commitment. In the end, a total of twenty-four employers looked at Bianca’s resume while only ten looked at mines.
www.techyville.com...

Regardless of the above I do believe a shift from a race based to a class base system what is now needed.

I have no problem with banding together with like minded people to have your voice heard and pulling money together to build whatever, but let's be honest. Though you were not addressing it, it think it is a tie-in issue. White and black culture is different. Neither is necessarily better, but different. You know there would be a cry of foul if whites showed their pride in having a WET (white entertainment television), White Ms. America, NAAWP, or a White Chamber of Commerce.

All the above was because blacks were not allowed to participate in mainstream "White" organization so the by necessity had to create their own,BET was a reaction to MTV that would not show case AA talent,same for Ms America contest it took decades for them to book AA contestants so they just created their own,in any case BET is now owned by Bill Gates,Essence magazine is now edited by a White female and NAACP always had Whites,HSBCU have a diverse student and faculty members.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Regardless of the above I do believe a shift from a race based to a class base system what is now needed.

Yes,so people can then discriminate on economic grounds.

I believe it will never go away,that is not until something massively monumental happens whether that be life beyond our planet or some natural calamity on a biblical scale.

I'm sorry to burst all these New-Ager's bubbles preaching peace and love (it's a nice dream),but when it comes down to it the vast majority of people are just so disconnected from one another that they don't care,unless it absolutely directly effects them.

I don't see racism going away,it will be here in one form or another for many moons to come.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by canDarian

Yes,so people can then discriminate on economic grounds.

I believe it will never go away,that is not until something massively monumental happens whether that be life beyond our planet or some natural calamity on a biblical scale.

I'm sorry to burst all these New-Ager's bubbles preaching peace and love (it's a nice dream),but when it comes down to it the vast majority of people are just so disconnected from one another that they don't care,unless it absolutely directly effects them.

I don't see racism going away,it will be here in one form or another for many moons to come.

Yes a class based system for economic redress for if Kanye West can have a bunch of idiots spend $120 for a plain white tee shirt with his name stitched on the inside and 50 cent made 8 million from twitter sitting on the crapper about a product he was involved in then you know we are surly moving from a race based to a class based system.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by HairlessApe

Your the one playing games sir ...I asked you about actions of the Irish during race riots and you tell me about Pirates

the plight of the Irish slaves and black slaves went two different directions..

my question again is When did Irish slaves become free and considered white? if the plight was the same why weren't the Irish and blacks working together? When did the split happen?? why didn't the Irish go through American Civil rights movements with blacks because that was an end result of slavery

but the only appropriate action at this time is to let the past remain in the past.

i disagree..the appropriate action at this time is to understand what happened and heal it.

find the problem, understand the problem, fix the problem... not, problem, "forget about it and move on"

edit on 18-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

I answered your question in the form of a question, and it's not my fault if you can't comprehend what I was eluding to. And no, I have no desire to explain it further.

Take that how you will.

How ironic that WE need to understand "the problem," yet YOU refuse to think anything other than "blacks suffered to a higher degree than everyone else. Period." You're willfully ignorant to the plights of others, yet you demand we give you recognition for your own ancestor's plights, and if we try to counter your argument with "we didn't have it easy in the past either, pal." You immediately respond with, "Yea, but we had it worse" as if you know anything about my heritage at all. But go ahead. Blame me. Because my skin color is white. Therefore my ancestors must have oppressed yours.

Please, explain to me how you expect us to "heal" what happened to people who were born before your time and are now deceased. By giving you what they deserve? By offering you social crutches to lean on? By limiting my own access to resources to ensure that you can have them? School me on why my ethnic brothers don't require the same healing for the past. I'm sure you've got the answer, but in the meantime let me approximate your response - "you're white, so it's easier for you to get a job and you don't feel the same discrimination that I do." Oh, so I must be to blame for that fact. Or at very least I should feel ashamed. And if I don't feel ashamed I'm a disgusting person, despite the fact that my ancestors weren't the colonial Brits who enslaved you and were indeed oppressed by the very same people. Regardless of how I feel, I should still offer you special privilege because you're more down on your luck than I am. That's what you want, right? "Healing" in the form of extra consideration that no one else gets? No matter what historical information I give you, we allllways had it better than you. At least through your delusional eyes.

FOR THE RECORD - the Moroccan pirates who enslaved the Irish which I referred to in my previous post were Africans. But I'm sure that doesn't count for anything in your book because you're immune to the same criticism you expect others to take from you due to the color of your skin. Or I guess they don't count as Africans because they're pirates? Doesn't that make your attitude of "all white people should feel some level of guilt" a bit hypocritical? It does - that's rhetorical.

edit on 18-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Slavery = Destruction

A society that keeps slaves will be destroyed.

The descendants of such "masters" will become poor and destitute and will eventually be wiped out.

Slavery is one of the vices that leads to downfall of men.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by Spider879

But like the Irish did before they kept organizing and building a political base at first around civil rights issues through organizations like the NAACP and the like, others saw no point in trying to integrate so they formed Back to Africa movements mainly the Garveyites and religious ones like the Nation Of Islam ,some built economic and educational institutions like the Tuskegee Institute established by Booker T. Washington a predecessor for all later historical black colleges,

Wow.

You're clearly either too busy or too important to be bothered with a 5 second google search. Thank goodness you didn't say anything that could come off as racist, ignorant, or tragically stupid.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
with my ancestors /. j**s removed collars in 1861 a year before the negro in America p.s. Thank you, dear veterans, thank you to my grandmother was not included in the camp, and I was able to spend Peter Listerman as a seller granddaughters I call them fluffy golden www.listerman.ru... .
edit on 19/7/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
See this thread is a prime example where people have been brainwashed and emotionally driven in to a certain direction. Slavery was across all races and the vast majority of countries, but people don't want to accept that and for many it would totally nullify their opinion of many things, including the belief in what they have been told and by whom. The reality is that the whole concept of the liberal and far left media runners under the command of the government running a white guilt/black victim agenda to maintain division would be totally exposed.

Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't change the blatant racism that many black Americans experienced since being in America and it was far worse in America than here in Britain. However, if this was made widespread and even taught in schools, it would show that WE ALL have ALWAYS been treated like trash. Racism has reversed, the last ten years has shown in the Western world how many whites do not harbour such views against non-whites, but how blacks really do. The government want this, this allows Draconian racial policies to be introduced favouring one over the other (positive discrimination, Affirmative Action etc.), provoking further tensions as whites see this as racism, non-whites see this as justice.

I think the biggest issue with any unity is that this has been going on for so long, feeding on the emotions of all, that who knows whether or not unity can be achieved. It's sad how so many black people absolutely detest whites, blame them for everything, not educated in objective thinking and unable to separate government and a minority from an entire race. At the same time this provokes many whites to think that blacks are [insert stereotypical belief]. Perceptions need to be broken down and releasing information such as this and teaching that all have been treated like trash and still are is paramount. They don't want that, that itself promotes unity and that is the last thing they want.

edit on 19-7-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Thank you for understanding my OP. To me, many blacks are suffering the stockholm syndrome in a sick mind numbed way. The so called liberals in Washington D.C. and the race baiters don't want to help blacks. They want to keep them dependent and angry. They want to pretend their own history of denying blacks civil rights does not exist. They want to pretend they are helping, but they are not.

They fear the truth getting out, the ending of hostilities and the pulling down of the curtain of the lies which separate us. They know that if we ever truly grasped what our Masters have been up to the people would rise up and they'd be lucky if they were not drawn and quartered on the lawn in front of the reflecting pool or in front of Wall Street, Goldman Sachs, and the like.

It appears from many of the responses that the Masters have things well in hand, and we will continue to march down that road in perpetual slavery to them thinking we are free. How free do you feel in the hood? How free do you feel punching a time clock to barely pay your bills, feed your family and save anything or God forbid, take a vacation? How free do you feel when you see 50% unemployment for young black men? How is that Hope and Change working out?

It's all a damn game, the puppets change, but the one's pulling the strings have remained the same for thousands of years, and we still don't get it. One day we shall see it all very clearly. Love covers a multitude of sins. Can any of us say we are without sin? Can any of us hold another's sins against them when we have been forgiven so much? Is our Father proud of us as we stand in our righteous self indignant rage and hatred of poeple long dead and blaming the very people they enslaved and are still in chains next to you? Yes, you who are without sin pick up that damn stone. Hurl it at that white baby, shoot them in the face. Drag that white boy out of his truck and smash his head in with a cinder block because he is why you are suffering. Yes, gang bang those white nasty girls, and by all means say it's retribution. Yes, ignore your brothers of the same skin tone killing each other by the thousands, and point your fingers at any white who defends themselves and say, 'It's his fault".

Whites are not without blame, but dammit, how much blood do you need until your thirst is satiated? How many stones do you need to throw until you are satisfied? They shall know we are Jesus disciples by the love we show ONE TO ANOTHER. Dear God can we be so blind? Can we be so narrow minded to not see the game? This division only hurts us, and yet on and on it goes. My heart hurts and I do believe so does Jesus' heart.

God forgive us.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join