It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were White and They were Slaves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+122 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I decided to do a post dedicated to this topic. I did a search and though it has been mentioned in some threads, and I did put a post up about this subject, I feel it's better to have it's own thread. If it belongs in a different forum, please move it for me moderators, and thanks.

I am 47 years old. I was born in a military family in Florida and spent many years in the South and I came back to Florida in 1987. I have been educated in private and public schools, some of the very best in the country. I would not call my education wanting in that aspect, and yet when I was in school, I never heard about white slaves in America. Oh, they gave a 10 minute talk about some people traded a trip over on a boat for several years of service, but never was there ever a mention of white slavery in America or elsewhere.

I truly pray for healing in the nation. I think if people learned the truth, they might find they have more in common with one another regarding the history of America than they realize. It does not take anything away from the suffering of blacks to know whites equally suffered. Yes, whites suffered as much if not more than blacks my friends. England is ruled by evil men and women. They had some real problems with their poor and suffering, and they decided to deal with this problem by simply making very minor crimes punishable by death or slavery. It was as if they were being kind to commute your death sentence for stealing a loaf of bread to enslavement on a plantation in the New World.

The Irish seemed to be targeted the most. Cromwell hated the Irish Catholics for their rebellion against the crown, and he decimated the Irish Catholic population and made hundreds of thousands of them slaves which sold for 5 shillings. To understand just what "trash" these subhumans were to their Masters, they valued black slaves much more highly and sold them for 50 shillings. One source said these Irish slaves were the lowest of slaves, and that if the black slaves felt they were being treated too harshly would complain and say, "You are treating us like Irish!"

Those who think Indentured servitude was sort of like the apprentice program some European countries have had even in the recent past, you could not be more confused. These people in the majority of cases were kept forever by their Master making up crimes and punishments and adding it to their years of service. If a female had a child it was the Master's property for she was not married. The women would not leave their children and thus you can imagine how many Masters enjoyed their female slaves, got them pregnant and used them at will forever.

These whites were treated at auction just as Blacks. They were called "Christians" in papers. If a black were being sold they would say, "Negro". They would rip apart families just as they did the black slaves. They would strip them naked and chained up on a platform for all the men to bid on them. These men would poke and prod them, examine their teeth, and buy all they wanted. At one time there were more white slaves in the American colony than there were colonists. One Governor of Virginia listed in his property holdings 2000 Negroes and 6000 Whites.

Negro slave ships were built for slaves. The Irish slave ships were just cargo ships. There is one account of the captain failing to procure enough food for the voyage for the slaves. He would not be paid for dead slaves if it was because of no food, so they "Lost them at sea". Over 138 men, women and children were tossed into the sea. They were beaten to death, and it was nothing to their Masters, for they were cheap at 5 shillings. These white slaves were a difficult bunch and hard to control though and had many uprisings. The Masters slowly moved over to using more black slaves because they were more docile according to records. Britain did not outlaw taking white slaves until 1839. You see, this was a great way to get cheap labor for their Barbados sugar plantations, populate Australia, and other such ventures. They got rid of the problem of too many poor and not enough work in England. They still had issues of Kid nabbing which we now call kidnapping.

Many of those living in the Appalachian mountains and W. Virginia and Kentucky whom we call hillbillies, ignorant and backwards are the descendants of those white slaves. They were ashamed of their heritage but I wonder if the sting of that history does not affect them much as it has our black brothers and sisters even though it was so long ago. These are fiercely independent people who do not trust outsiders, hate the government and care not to "make it" in the outside world. Is it possible that the scars are the same? Can we ever heal? Slavery is not about race. It was about power and greed and the elite ruling classes abuse of that power.

It is said that the love of money is the root of all evil. Has that seed been sown so deeply in all of us that we are now ready to kill one another over economic gain? The elites have committed every atrocity, war, and barbaric deed out of this love for money. Are we coveting others belongings out of this ancient anger and scarred spirit that our eyes cannot see from whom this seed was sown? United we can overcome our masters.

Yes, they are our masters my friends. Don't kid yourself. Every President but one is directly related all the way back to the aristocracy of England. The banks are owned by the elite Kenites masquerading as Jews. These people are the enemies of God. They hate God's creation. They intend to control all of it, and they know just as God found out at Babel, that a united people are too powerful. So, they seek to sow hatred and mistrust amongst us by sex, race, religion, age, skills, education, and most of all by class. Please open your eyes my brothers and sisters, and I say that honestly. We have all been hurt. We all have reasons to continue in our bitter spirits, but we have a choice to come together, to heal, and to love one another despite these filthy Masters. They cannot stop us, but they are trying to keep us so busy. Let us prove them wrong and begin to treat one another with kindness, respect, and honor our common history and heritage.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Thanks so much. Noted and marked for future reference....

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thank you for starting this. It is amazing the number of people (of all races) who believe that the only people who were ever slaves were blacks. This is absolutely false. Slavery has no race, it has no sex.

Slavery exists today. It is worldwide, it is in the United States. Slavery is not and was never dead. People of all colors are victims.

Saudi Princess has Slave in California

Here is a recent case (4 days ago) for your reference.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Star and Flag for you Sir.
As a white slave, this post really resonated with me personally.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The video I linked I felt offered a good background that differs a bit from Michael Hoffman's work, though they are similar. This video is a little bit shorter, and you can search this out on youtube easily.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

The Irish seemed to be targeted the most. Cromwell hated the Irish Catholics for their rebellion against the crown, and he decimated the Irish Catholic population and made hundreds of thousands of them slaves which sold for 5 shillings.

I did a quick search and found some more info about the Irish slaves.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

I never really looked into this part of history until I opened this thread. S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This post should be on the front page of every newspaper in the us. I think it covers about everything.and it should be noted to read the whole post ,FACTS anc COMMENTS.
edit on 17-7-2013 by automata because: wanted to add this

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yes I believe it is often referred to as indentured servitude in historical references. Men who were indentured servants could eventually become freeman.

indentured servant

Black's Law Dictionary (9th edition) defines Freeman as 1. A person who possesses and enjoys all the civil and political rights belonging to the people under a free government. 2. A person who is not a slave. 3. Hist. A member of a municipal corporation (a city or a borough) who possesses full civic rights, esp. the right to vote. 4. Hist. A freeholder. Cf. VILLEIN. 5. Hist. An allodial landowner. Cf. VASSAL. - also written free man.[2]

freeman (Colonial)

Women, Native Americans and other non-Puritans were not made freeman.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I learned about this years ago, and when i shared it at my command, the few black guys were cool with it.. except 2, they were the racists and they were first denial then anger.. and then back to "nope, you lyin, even so, we had it worse"..

This needs to be spread ASAP by all to all.

then the goal posts will just move.. It wont be about slavery, then it will be about the segregation and suburb restrictions. the race baiters will def do this.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Yes I believe it is often referred to as indentured servitude in historical references. Men who were indentured servants could eventually become freeman.

indentured servant

Black's Law Dictionary (9th edition) defines Freeman as 1. A person who possesses and enjoys all the civil and political rights belonging to the people under a free government. 2. A person who is not a slave. 3. Hist. A member of a municipal corporation (a city or a borough) who possesses full civic rights, esp. the right to vote. 4. Hist. A freeholder. Cf. VILLEIN. 5. Hist. An allodial landowner. Cf. VASSAL. - also written free man.[2]

freeman (Colonial)

Women, Native Americans and other non-Puritans were not made freeman.

Did you really read the post or watch either video? Most were tricked with lies about being indentured servants. Of course some did get their freedom, but most were killed in the first year doing hard labor, and their Masters would add time for petty things. The history for whites in America is just as bad as black history and in some cases worse if you were from Ireland for instance.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Shush! You're not supposed to tell anyone!

Seriously however, have you read, 'White Cargo' by Don Jordan and Michael Walsh and 'White gold' by Giles Milton?
By your post I take it you have read White Cargo.

Slavery, as you pointed out in your OP, is taught in a warped fashion in schools. It only looks at the horror of Black slavery, just as genocide is only taught in the horrors of the Holocaust of the Nazi era. There we have all that is possibly purposefully wrong with our education system. We have partial truths, yes there was slavery but only pointing out one aspect, yes there was genocide, again only one aspect.

It creates a 'victim' mentality and untrue version of history.

If people were taught real history, they would discover that slavery never ended but instead extended to include everyone.

How many people, proportionately of all who have a job are wage slaves?

They go to work, earn their money and pay it all back into the system to survive. There is nothing left. They worked just to survive, just as the slaves were given food, shelter clothes, the majority of workers have the illusion of freedom.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2013 by Elliot because: grammar

edit on 17-7-2013 by Elliot because: grammar

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Blacks who where only 3/5 of a man but u skunk was a whole skunk couldn't even walk on a white mans shadow or he was killed on spot in those times your thread is irrelevant

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Best schools in the country, huh?

I went to public school in Milwaukee and I'm aware that there were white slaves.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by noissucnoc16
Blacks who where only 3/5 of a man but u skunk was a whole skunk couldn't even walk on a white mans shadow or he was killed on spot in those times your thread is irrelevant

And for hundreds of years Irish men who were only 3/5ths of a man couldn't walk on the shadow of a Catholic Brit or he could be put to death on the spot. Your post is both ignorant and irrelevant.

You were never a slave, just like I wasn't. You don't have less rights than I do. Your ancestors didn't suffer any more than mine did at the hands of their oppressors. Shut your mouth unless you have something relevant to say, and don't insult me with your blind disrespect. The fact that you look at me as "white - therefore an oppressor" is a sad testament to how disillusioned and pathetic you are. You are ignorant to my history, and whatever happened to you is not my fault, nor is it the fault of my ancestors. You aren't the only one in this world who has suffered despite the fact that you think you are and frankly, it's annoying.
edit on 17-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is a well-written thread that I've been longing for.

My lineage is of Irish descent, yet I have no knowledge of the slavery of my ancestors.

The only knowledge taught from my textbooks back in grade school covered the potato famine and immigration of Irish workers/families living in deplorable conditions. None of the information you presented has ever been taught to me...

I feel extremely ignorant because not even my own research of my heritage has uncovered such information...

Thank you

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoothRhythm

You are NOT ignorant.
You have simply been deceived and deliberately misinformed, much like the rest of us. The past is not a happy story and has to be hidden so that you do not see it being replayed.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

How about considered property the Supreme Court or being sold by the thousands from their own people dragged here being fed uncooked pig guts , bones dog tails etc

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by noissucnoc16
reply to post by HairlessApe

How about considered property the Supreme Court or being sold by the thousands from their own people dragged here being fed uncooked pig guts , bones dog tails etc

Yea, that happened to the Irish too. BEFORE it happened to Africans. In America.

But since you didn't know about that, your ancestor's problems must be must more significant than the problems of mine. (sarcasm)

ETA: An old favorite food in Ireland is called "Blood Pudding." It's basically the fermented dark blood of a sheep congealed into a thick wafer. Yummy. But pig guts sound good too.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
reply to post by SmoothRhythm

You are NOT ignorant.
You have simply been deceived and deliberately misinformed, much like the rest of us. The past is not a happy story and has to be hidden so that you do not see it being replayed.

This is a major part of my study into ancient history. This is a repeating story of conquest over and over, and now just as another member posted we are wage slaves which I tried to say when I said they got smart and realized it's a hell of a lot easier to let us think we are free and paying us just enough to survive. We give back all of our labor to them to buy everything we need.

They even let us see some make it out of this existence like the hunger games to keep us playing along. It's a sad state of affairs that so many are so filled with anger and hate that they cannot see we have been played by the covering up of history. It's as if history is the common tongue we had when we tried to build the tower of Babel. They have confused us, lied to us, divided us and we are still bickering amongst ourselves as our Masters laugh and continue to see us as dumb cattle who need to be ruled, used, abused at their pleasure.

NO MORE!
edit on 17-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Best schools in the country, huh?

I went to public school in Milwaukee and I'm aware that there were white slaves.

I knew whites have been enslaved in history, but not the facts about what my OP is about. Maybe your school taught this history, but mine did not. And yet, I have been in very elite schools as well as public ones, and I believe this is scrubbed from the books. I'd like to hear from others if they knew that there were hundreds of thousands of white slaves in America, and we predated the bringing in of black slaves.

I wager few will honestly say they were taught this in American History classes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join