It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwinism; What a Fake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Stop it!!

You are KILLING me here!!

(good show BTW)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

In just a short 2 hundred Years , Mankind has gotten Taller, EVOLVED if you will.

I think that has less to do with evolution and more to do with access to better food sources, medicine, environments etc.

You see, genetically, we have a range of how short we can be, or how tall we can be based on our availability to nutrition and resources etc.

Evolution works: just look at real-world examples such as the differentiation of canine species (remember, we started with a wolf) in only about 10,000 years. Or think of the scientist in the lab playing mini-evolution with yeast cultures and whatnot.

I just think the height differential is more an environmental thing if we're only talking 200 years. I mean..it's possible that at that period women started dating only the tallest men, but...there are still plenty of shorties around...because they don't eat their vegetables, you know.

But at the end of the day, what is evolution if not how we adapt to our environments?

edit on 17-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

But at the end of the day, what is evolution if not how we adapt to our environments?

Adaptation is but a small part. But yeah, humans have a lot of genes, and environmental factors play in. There are differences in average height between races too, usually related to, yup, diet and environment.

The banana is my favorite example, we've modified that thing so much, it bares little resemblance to a natural wild banana. Yes, that's selective breeding, but that's exactly what evolution is, without the direct interaction.

The banana we have today might have evolved on its own, it would have taken a hell of a long time, but it could have happened. But probably not, because the banana we see now is prone to insect damage and other factors, mainly because of the size and color, which we are directly responsible for.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Stop it!! You are KILLING me here!!

Don't stop believing! But am I killing you, or directing your body to evolve into a dead state?

i'm fascinated by science, and the most fascinating things in science to me are evolution and physics, so when I seem someone posting up complete rubbish with no basis in facts, I can't help myself.

At least this time I stayed within the T&C, I tend to call people morons.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I really find it ignorant when people compare the origin of life and the universe to the theory of evolution.

Evolution explains the diversity of life as it progressed over time. Small genetic mutations happen. The beneficial mutations cause the animals with them to have a better chance of survival. Time goes on. More mutations. etc.

No one is saying where life came from. No one is saying where the universe came from. It is explaining the DIVERSITY OF LIFE.
edit on 17-7-2013 by VisualQuanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
I don't understand what's so complicated about the theory of evolution.

Even Darwin said that theory of evolution is just a THEORY.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

He did not have the means to prove it, we do and have.

Look it happened to the Lizard, I think given a few generations it could happen quickly to us If put in a place where it is hard to live.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Darwinism; What a Fake

As much as I find Darwinism a ship for fools and the gullible, I am kind of slapped in the face when I consider most other concepts. At least here, there is a line of science, albeit imperfect, to try and answer the question of our origins.

Of course, it all gets cooked when you enter that no-man's land between evolution and creation... that place where the open mind is targeted from both entrenched lines.

Is it possible that we are not yet as smart as we like to think we are?
Is there a message to be found in both religion and science that has gone unnoticed?

Someday, we may know but for now? It is a dead waste where people dedicated to concepts sacrifice their lives and efforts... not for discovery, but in defense of some temple of belief.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

Darwin died in 1882. During his lifetime there would have been great limitations to proving his theory. This isn't 1882.

Even without technology you see evolution every time someone passes traits on to their children. That's all evolution is. It's not complicated. Check out the video of the Ostrich people as it's the best example I can think of in terms of in your face genetic mutations (evolution).

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I wonder if in many ways human's complex social structures would hinder their survival in extremely difficult environments. The reason I say that is our current power/social structures in many places completely remove the mothers/women from reproductive/child rearing choices. I always think of examples of the Ostrich people where they now have less functional feet simply because of laws that prevented the females (and males) from actively seeking attractive mates outside the structure of their small society. The only reason that mutation has continued is their tribe hasn't been faced with a difficult environment that would require regular feet for survival and reproduction.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

no one denies the natural evolution or genetic laws but Darwinism is an expired thought of 19th century.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

S+F, I actually believe in God but for me science has been a tool to try to understand and I do not impose my observation of reality on God.
Reality may be an illusion and like the good book says in that day the word's of the fool shall be wisdom and the words of the wise shall be foolish, the conventional scientist are perceived as wise and the religious believers as fool's but in that day the table will turn.
I once had a very depressing vision in a semi waking state, I had been looking at the ark like object at little Ararat in turkey on documentary and the net believing it to really be a ship, now weather noah's or just an ancient ship I could not say but in the vision I saw a very dark sleight grey sky and was floating just over the surface of water with rain falling heavily around, just ahead and out of the mist and rain a white hull that was of the same configuration as the little Ararat object came toward me and I could see how the prow swept upward to a point, on the deck was a long house that ran the length of the ship with a good space at the prow and a walkable space to either side of the deck, the roof was sloped from a high centre and down like eaves, in the front were two windows of square shape and an oblong door, I felt intense fear of the darkness within that ship and snapped out and awake.
Maybe not related but reality has more than one angle.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Hate to blow your well thought out Thread in the First Post, but, someone had to.

In a recent trip to Fort George , i was a little Surprised when going through the Barracks.

All the Beds were no Longer than 5 Feet Long.

I asked the Guide why the Beds were so short.

"People were Shorter back then " was her answer.

In just a short 2 hundred Years , Mankind has gotten Taller, EVOLVED if you will.

Now, how old is the Earth ?

Actually, better diet, healthy living conditions and quality of readily available medical care, along with genetics are the reason for the height differential between present day people and those of the colonial era. Evolution isn't involved.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Phoenix267

I was reading your post and how you'd believe in God. I was thinking you could both accept evolution and believe in creation. There a lot of people who believe in theistic evolution.

I've never got my head around why people who believe in God wouldn't believe in evolution, even if we couldn't prove it, which we can, it just makes sense, how else would God ensure a biologically diverse planet?

That is where the real conspiracy comes into play and why it is turned into such a big deal in certain US population demographics.

There are people that feel their way of life is being compromised and have no problem embracing the same ideals of the papacy in the middle ages (I mean that literally), in order to combat the increasingly secular environment the country moves into. Evolution just happens to be the easiest to manipulate for a couple reasons:

Unlike what would eventually exonerate Galileo, the average person can't just take a telescope or microscope out and observe evolution on some clear night.

Second, the peer-reviewed literature is very technical and is well over your average persons head. Not really made for Sunday leisure. Also, since modern genetics is relatively new and we were not around to study prehistoric biology, there is evidence and technical writings from several fields including anthropology, archaeology, geology, etc. which are used to corroborate evolution.

Finally, it clashes directly with Genesis and every other religious creation myth, making it easy to find people who are going to buy into an idea without caring if they are giving false information or not. It's easy to manipulate.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
1. FIRST LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS: Energy or mass are
neither created nor destroyed. Energy and mass cannot originate
from nothing, by natural processes. The universe could not have
begun itself. EVOLUTION SAYS matter and energy created
itself from nothing.

Yes energy or mass cannot be created or destroyed, BUT they can be converted. Evolution doesn't say that matter and energy were created, only that they were converted. When you burn wood most of the matter disappears but the first law is not violated because there is an energy release.

3. SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS: With time, a
closed system (like our universe) will become more random and
disordered. Things wear out and break down. Ask any engineer
or home owner. EVOLUTION SAYS the universe began as
disorder (the big bang) and became orderly over time.

The second law says the entropy of the universe as a whole always increases. But the entropy of local regions can decrease, while the surroundings increase. This means if your system boundary does not cover the entire universe then there can be local decreases in entropy. One example is your fridge freezing ice, entropy decreases in the ice but the fridge increases the entropy of the air at the back by a greater amount and overall entropy of universe still increases.

Life does this all the time, although life appears to be a reduction of entropy, we also increase entropy. One example is when you eat a leaf - in comes order, out come disordered crap.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Back then, we were more than we are today. But at the same time, more on the negative than ever. An exert of what could of happen using the idea of a high technological with a very low set of morals.

A bomb goes off, one 10 times smaller than a nuke and 100 times more destructive than a H-Bomb, leveling a city in no time flat.

If we had that kind of tech back then, then why aren't we like that now? The past is inevitable to repeat itself. So, why not know it? Starting from the REAL beginning.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

Not to be mistaken madam, you make it sound like Mutation is required when Mutation is a copying error.

Everything has a design. You, me, everything we see. It's that design, that I just can't see evolution having a place in it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Reality may be an illusion and like the good book says in that day the word's of the fool shall be wisdom and the words of the wise shall be foolish, the conventional scientist are perceived as wise and the religious believers as fool's but in that day the table will turn.

I seek true wisdom, sir. Science of today is hellbent on killing God from the minds of today.

I once had a very depressing vision in a semi waking state, I had been looking at the ark like object at little Ararat in turkey on documentary and the net believing it to really be a ship, now weather noah's or just an ancient ship I could not say but in the vision I saw a very dark sleight grey sky and was floating just over the surface of water with rain falling heavily around, just ahead and out of the mist and rain a white hull that was of the same configuration as the little Ararat object came toward me and I could see how the prow swept upward to a point, on the deck was a long house that ran the length of the ship with a good space at the prow and a walkable space to either side of the deck, the roof was sloped from a high centre and down like eaves, in the front were two windows of square shape and an oblong door, I felt intense fear of the darkness within that ship and snapped out and awake.

Possible memory, not from you or your soul, but from the Earth. There is a book that can neither be destroyed or overwritten. However, to see this book, more read it, you need to see through The Fog. We get glimpses, everyone here gets glimpses. But we have to test those glimpses constantly, find the artifacts, find anything that can tell a person what they saw to be true.

Archaeologist go through a lot just to get this. An example; Moses and the people of Israel crossing the Red Sea. Pharaoh's army chases them, the army perishes in the water. An archaeologist, Viveka Ponten, worked the Gulf of Aqaba arm of the Red Sea with 30 others to find the relics of the past. They found them.

Perfectly preserved, by coral, chariot wheels. Among those wheels, bones.

So this tells me, how advance we're we back then?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Don't waste your time believing in theories. They seem to get proven wrong if enough time goes by. Remember that there was no real way of testing things back when that theory was dreamed up. Although it is partially right, things evolve over time, it does by no means mean the whole theory is correct.

I suppose the realm we live in is so full of deceit that people start believing in things just because they are partially right. Many things do not fit into this theory because he failed to realize all beings have consciousness and empathy to a certain extent. This has been going on for a very long time. The fact that our cats had a mouse for a pet in the garage is evidence enough for me. Usually they kill mice and chipmunks but once in a while they seem to take one under their paw and befriend it like I befriend them. This does not fit into Darwinism so that shows me it has many possible flaws.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Can you explain why If we are designed are we so badly done so? Why did God design other Apes to be able to breath and eat at the same time but not us? causing 3000 people a year to die by choking on food.
If God designed us he sure did a #e job.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join