It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy of Al Sharpton and his kind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have posted this on some other threads, but I thought maybe it deserved it own one.

I will get to Mr. Sharpton in a minute, but I would like to start with another trial in which a teen was killed in self defense.

That is the trial of John White. He was a black man who was convicted of manslaughter for killing a white teen.

Here is a little about the case.

John White was at his house when a bunch of drunken white teenagers showed up and started yelling racial slurs and saying they wanted to fight his son. He grabbed his handgun and went outside.

He ended up shooting 17 year old Daniel Cicciaro point blank in the face. He, like George Zimmerman, claimed it was self defense.

That is the nuts and bolts of the case. Here is one link that goes into much more detail, and you can google search and find a plethora of other links.

www.nytimes.com...

The result of this trial was that he was convicted of second degree manslaughter, and sentenced to four years in jail.

Now I know no two cases are the same, but there are a striking amount of similarities between this and the Zimmerman case. (I know people who want to defend Sharpton will try to point out how Mr. White was more justified, and I will be happy to have that discussion when it arrives.)

Particularly critics of both shooters said that they should have called the police in both situations instead of going to confront the victims themselves.

Here is where the good Reverend comes in.

Sharpton held rallies to get White released. His reasoning for this was that he had the right to protect his home, and that due past events in his life, he was afraid of the people outside of his house.

The Reverend Al Sharpton organized a rally of about 400 people outside the Suffolk County courthouse to protest the conviction of a black homeower in a white teen's death. They chanted, "Step down, DA, step down, DA" as well as "Free John White! Free John White!"

John White was found guiltyof manslaughter for shooting a teenager, Daniel Cicciaro Jr., in the summer of 2006. White claimed he felt threatened when he saw Cicciaro and other white teenagers surround his house trying to seek revenge on White's son Aaron over a perceived insult. The teens had also allegedly used racial epithets, leading his defense lawyers to describe the scene as a lynch mob. Prosecutors, however, said White could have stayed inside, locked the door, and called the police.
gothamist.com...

So now look at the Zimmerman trial. He was frightened because of past events in his life too of people of that looked like the person he shot. John White was reminded of Lynch mobs way back in the sixties. Zimmerman was reminded of burglars that had recently broken into homes in his neighborhood.

Why is that that Sharpton and others feel it was alright for Mr. White to defend himself but not Zimmerman? Shouldn't Mr. White have just stayed in his house and called the police, as it is suggested Mr. Zimmerman should have just stayed in his car?

Yet not only did they not criticized John White for this, they actually protested and demanded his release. (By they I mean Sharpton and his fellow race baiters).

And the sad part is, this rally worked. The black governor of the state, Paterson, commuted Whites sentence, which means he left him out after on serving five months of his sentence.

And Sharpton was thrilled.

"We salute Gov. Paterson's decision and hope that all families involved will move towards healing," the Rev. Al Sharpton said. "There are no winners in this situation."

www.nydailynews.com...

So to recap, a black man shoots a white teenager, claims self defense, gets convicted in a trial by a jury of his peers, Sharpton has rallies in his support and gets the black governor to basically pardon the man.

Can you imagine if Zimmerman would have been found guilty, and then a white governor would have let him out of prison?

Sharpton would be drumming up 1000's of times more support, there would be the worst riots in the history of this country. Yet none of that happened in this case.

I have to be honest, here, I think the whole Zimmerman case is being trumped up by our media to divide us and get us to ignore more pressing problems, and so I strongly hesitate to comment.

However, after reading so much social media about the trial, hearing my friends talk about it, and seeing the posting here on ATS, I felt the need to comment.

I hope that this helps show how we are ALL being played by the media hype on this trial by people like Sharpton, and that it shows some of the posters here that the think if the races of Martin and Zimmerman were reversed it would have been an Zimmerman would have had the book thrown at him.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Excellent research, and excellent points, so S&F for the thread. Hopefully, this first one won't be the last! Too many post all over with utter hypocrisy, and don't want to admit the flaws in their "reasoning". Nice work here.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

I hope that this helps show how we are ALL being played by the media hype on this trial by people like Sharpton

This is the real problem. How many times has Sharpton jumped on the race wagon and been wrong? Two Instances come to mind - Tawana Brawley and the Duke lacrosse case. And yet, no one in the media ever brings this up. He gets a free pass every time.

So, to your argument, I agree, until we start looking at this stuff with facts minus emotion, there will be no relief and since the media loves to play on emotion and so many people still buy into it - the cycle will continue.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I Discovered that I did not like Reverend Al Sharpten the day I found out that he was try to get people to pass legislation that the "White Folks" should pay reparations to the "Black Folks" for what OUR ancestors did to enslave the black man over 200 years ago.

I think he finally dropped it because he knew that it wasn't going anywhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Al Sharpton lost absolutely all respect I had for him back before he even became a "big name" and was just a general voice among many to stir things up whenever opportunity came. He lost all respect from me over this case:

Tawana Brawley, a 15-year-old African-American girl from the New York City area, was said to have been abducted and repeatedly raped by six white men. She was found with “KKK” written across her chest, a racial epithet on her stomach and her hair smeared with feces. She was so traumatized, according to reports, that at the hospital she answered yes-or-no questions by blinking her eyes.

A terrible crime, as it had sounded. It's odd what stands out in memory sometimes, when so much is forgotten, isn't it? This had really stirred people up, as the above description would warrant ....... wouldn't it?

“We have the facts and the evidence that an assistant district attorney and a state trooper did this,” Mr. Sharpton said. He called Gov. Mario M. Cuomo a racist and warned that powerful state officials were complicit. When asked whether Ms. Brawley would speak with the state attorney general, Robert Abrams, Mr. Sharpton said that would be like asking someone in a concentration camp to talk to Hitler.

Yes Yes.. We wouldn't want the alleged victim to actually speak with the guy in authority at the state level who can act above all and investigate freely from the top down. Sharpton's rhetoric sounded sure and well supported. Must have been something to it, right?

But, as the meticulously researched Retro Report points out this week, it was all a hoax. After seven months, 6,000 pages of testimony and 180 witnesses, a grand jury found Ms. Brawley’s story to be a lie. Neither the police officer nor the district attorney accused by Ms. Brawley and Mr. Sharpton had been involved in any way, the report concluded.
Source

Visit the article for more on what came out from one of Sharpton's own people and what her former boyfriend said her motives had been for fabricating the story. It did a great deal of damage and caused a lot of stress and emotional turmoil. Much like such a story would do today, if taken seriously. He's never apologized or even acknowledged that he was taken for a fool by a 15yr old runaway girl.

He's doing the same thing now, just a different case. He rides the attention and publicity in whatever fate throws his way for high profile waves that fit his style. The problem of course, is that some people do listen to him and follow his suggestions/ideas.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Then there was this case - sound a little familiar, in the chanting?

This guy tried to run down a cop with a car, and Sharpton was right there, calling for riots. He even SAID riots at one point, though I can't locate a link right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
One of the things I find most frustrating is that I have posted about this case on multiple threads and not one of the people who are claiming the Zimmerman trial was all about race have responded.

It makes you wonder rather people want to have an honest discussion or if they just want to push some agenda.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I have to be honest, here, I think the whole Zimmerman case is being trumped up by our media to divide us and get us to ignore more pressing problems, and so I strongly hesitate to comment.

I agree, I find Sharpton to be a huge racist myself.

But there is a stark difference in these two cases. Zimmerman was following Martin, and did indeed call the police, and was in no danger, and had no reason to continue pursuit or to get out of his car. The other case had people trespassing on the mans property.

You can't pretend that's the same scenario. Though I agree, Sharpton would have been drumming like mad if it went down differently.

Zimmerman was only attacked, so we're told, when he continued to follow the kid, the other case has a group of kids outside the mans home. It's not the same thing.

that said, I'd call both justifiable shootings. Though one of the men should have been charged with at least manslaughter, which could have been commuted. through his actions, zimmerman caused a boys death, it didn't need to go down like that, and if zimmerman had have listened to the police, it wouldn't have.

Beyond that, the other case is clearly racially motivated, while the zimmerman case doesn't appear that way other than the profiling of a kid who "looked like he was up to no good". We'll never know what George felt he was up to no good, but I'm sure it being a black teen in a hoodie did indeed play some part in it. Personally, any kid lurking around in a hoody at night is suspect to me, regardless of skin color

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's clear now that Al is only favoring his own race. I think it's safe to say that if GZ was black and TM was white, Al would be lobbying like hell for GZ's acquittal.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
No matter what Sharpton does ... he always gets it wrong. Anything he sticks his nose into will immediately 'head south' and go wrong. Race baiter. Trying to stay 'relevant' even if it means people get hurt and property is lost. He's scum. IMHO

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I love a good Sharpton bashing thread as good as any other, but I agree with you that all this hype is a distraction.
Something large is going on with the left hand. I just hope there are a few intelligent people left in this world who aren't looking at the shiny object in the right.

Race baiters should be publicly hanged.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Anyone of middle age in New York knows Sharp tons career path.Starting with the insane claims of one Tawana Brawly,saying she was raped by police,politicians and then set her on fire,lol.And somehow made a career of being the first and loudest to scream racism.I can't believe after that Brawley charade he's a spokesman?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Certainly there are differences, but it seems that the crux of the argument people are making against Zimmerman also applies here. That neither should have exited and confronted the people.

While it may seem more reasonable for White to have shot because people were on his property, some of the facts suggest this shooting was even more unreasonable.

Amongst these are that he was never hit like Zimmerman was, and he admitted he didn't fear for his life.

The point is that sharpton is being a total hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - a non profit IE tax exempt, racist organization designed to further black people in the name of "equality" - which is unconstitutional and by our laws illegal to have any organization such as that non profit status.

that's all you need to know about sharpton and others like him

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Very true and its been known since way back from the 80's when he was organizing community events as such in the NYC area. But I guess the politicians like such folks for their agendas.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
One of the things I find most frustrating is that I have posted about this case on multiple threads and not one of the people who are claiming the Zimmerman trial was all about race have responded.

It makes you wonder rather people want to have an honest discussion or if they just want to push some agenda.

That threads still proclaiming his "guilt" get tons of responses proves this is about an agenda. Honesty hasn't been a part of one side of the discussion since day one. Nothing to do but try and show the facts. Some people get it.

new topics

top topics

join