It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darpa robotics challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.space.com...

It seems that the Military is looking to replace humans as responders in disaster zones according to the article. Two robots have to tackle an obstacle course and overcome its many challenges which include driving a vehicle, connect a fire hose to a valve, break thru walls, and more.

Check it out.

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
From your link:

According to some of the task descriptions released by DARPA last week, the robots will drive around roadblocks, bound over rugged terrain, climb up ladders, break down walls and connect a fire hose to a valve.

Sounds like they would, ahem, be good at hunting humans, too. Or at least a "first in" option to soften things up a bit.

DARPA's not usually known for humanitarian systems if'n you get my drift. Cool article, though, S&F.

edit on 16-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

What if the recently bought a 500 qubit quantum computer had a link with these robots? We have seen a Google and NASA alliance in buying such a powerful computer, could there be any link between those two events ?

This might be mere speculation, but I thought it could be interesting to bring this in the thread just in case it was to be true.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Good point, Gut, and I just want to chime in on that same subject. DARPA is to the military as Q is to 007. They ain't looking for no kids' soapbox racers. This is deadly-serious stuff, I don't care how they frame it. The more stuff they have to throw at the wall, to see what sticks, the more instances you can count on them revealing of scare-the-living-****-out-of-you-melt-in-your-footsteps-and-cry-for-your-mommy monstrosities on that fateful day that we decide we're fed up enough to challenge the Police State.

But run along and play with them if you like....

edit on 7/16/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join