It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god created man, then who the shiznit created God? Chuck Norris?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
No really.. Who created god?

You need a brain to have intelligence, you need a physical entity to have a brain. You need matter to eventually become something physical. So no such thing could have created man or the universe. Did he create time as well, i.e. all matter and energy to move it? Doesn't he use time? Why create mankind, was he bored? If so, is god selfish?

I believe mankind created God. It's easier to explain things we don't understand with fiction. Faith also gives us safety. It's easier to find god when you are a criminal.. Feels good with a fictional forgiveness ehh? Easier to believe that there is something after life than nothing.

Well, seems to me that religious people in general are less intelligent then the average non-religious, and way ,ore scared. Face the fact that there may be nothing after life, your consious being is gone when your brain stops. You don't need religion for comfort. You need morals and family or friends. You need a strong will and psyche. You will die if you chase after death, your day is not decided for you...nor is your fate. Fate you create yourself. Weak people made "God" for their own consolation..

With that said, if you are sitting here right now then the chances are 100percent that you will become something again. Something happened because you are here. Given infinite time you will be again. As long as time never stops... And time is defined as movement of matter. Can matter really disappear, no, ony altered, like energy.

So who created god? Chuck Norris?
edit on 16-7-2013 by br0ker because: Spelling

edit on 16-7-2013 by br0ker because: More spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Your thread wasn't created to ask a question, you simply came here to make a tired statement and get the creationists upset by calling them out. I hope they chew you up, and by the looks of your post things aren't looking too good. Have fun because I know I will.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Fidelity you're sensitive!

OP good question

anyone?
edit on 16-7-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I believe mankind created God. It's easier to explain things we don't understand with fiction. Faith also gives us safety. It's easier to find god when you are a criminal.. Feels good with a fictional forgiveness ehh? Easier to believe that there is something after life than nothing.

I normally feel inclined towards these kinds of discussions, but its really pointless to do this with somebody who's already reached a conclusion, as you clearly have.

In the sense, you already subscribe to a worldview that appeals to you, so how exactly do the opinions of a theist matter to you, besides serving as fuel for a one sided argument?

edit on 16-7-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I think quite a few are watching and waiting for an answer, including myself. Are we going to deny them one based on one member? I hope not.
edit on 16-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Check the Bible before coming to ATS with these types of questions. You will find any and all answers relating to Christianity there.

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Psalm 90:1-4

Christians believe God is eternal. "Outside" of our normal view of time. Indeed, there are metaphysical questions still to be answered here, such as "what is time?"

However, the Bible clearly states that God is eternal. This is all the answer you're likely to get.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I will answer the question. God has always existed.

It is only our limited human understanding that makes this concept difficult to fathom.

It is also beyond human ability to conceptualize a universe without end and the number infinity.

It seems foolish to me to assume any God would be bound by our limitations.

Good luck in your search for the truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Who created God?

Well, if He had been created He wouldn't be God. Lol

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, if He had been created He wouldn't be God

Says what expert? And how many gods has this expert studied, and how closely? I had no idea gods were such a definitive subject. I will want scientific sources, of course. That is, if we're taking fact. Otherwise, all opinions are created equal.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have a question of my own: personality and demeanor aside, does "God" have a precise nature? We are humans. We are mammals. We are biological machines. What is "God"?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What's with all these question threads go ask yahoo answers.

“I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last, which is, which was, and which is to come"

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Because we're not in the market for bullcrap. We want real answers.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good question that I have always wondered about. Obama has already answered it. "You (we) didn't make that, the government did." The government makes everything! Problem solved!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Well, if He had been created He wouldn't be God

Says what expert? And how many gods has this expert studied, and how closely? I had no idea gods were such a definitive subject. I will want scientific sources, of course. That is, if we're taking fact. Otherwise, all opinions are created equal.

Common sense. If God were created He would be part of creation, not the Creator. He wouldn't be the first cause, whatever being that created Him would be. And sorry, illogical arbitrary conjecture isn't equal, not on any topic.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

One has to be a creator to be a god? According to whom? And since when? I think you're being awfully narrow here...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

One has to be a creator to be a god? According to whom? And since when? I think you're being awfully narrow here...

How is that narrow? If God were created He would not be the first cause.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What if some highly advanced beings in spaceships came on earth many millions years ago while there were only stone age tribes at that time. The so called tribes would see these advanced beings as gods, not because the beings actually are gods, but simply because of the enormous technological gap between the two.

Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against bone arrow heads, we had to pass through this a long time ago you know.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Your ignorance is overwhelming.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Yes Really, who created God? Well God has a sense of humor and created man to describe Itself to ITSELF as the ultimate GRAND JOKE of bypartisan description nullifyied. As in niether being could/would adequately access the other nor claim to be responsible, and deem itself both as non-existant personages or personalities. No god, no human, no human identified, no god aspect. We DONT EXIST AT ALL, we are nothing but figments of an imagination UNNAMED UNTAMED thinking we exist without proof (other than someone has to take care of the burial remains; matter physical).

edit on 17-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Man created God in his own Image

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join