It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think That the Mass Media May Be Trying to Rekindle Racial Tensions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

True. I have two young children, and I am not looking forward to when they have to enter the school system, because that is exactly what they try to indoctrinate. I am not sure how I am going to get my kids to think outside the box when the time comes, but I have a few years.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

Because when it first happened, this looked to be a tailor made hate crime. Unfortunately for all those invested, at almost every single turn, they were wrong. But by then they were too far along and the interest was there, and so were solid ratings. Just go with it infotainment channels and do the best you can.

Ignore that Trayvon was likely the first one to do something criminal by attacking George, it's not illegal to follow someone, but it is illegal to attack a person for following you. Ignore that Zimmerman publicly defended black friends in the past. Ignore that Zimmerman isn't even white. Ignore that by calling 911 alone, he demonstrated he wasn't out to just kill someone or never would have called. Ignore that Trayvon had burglary paraphernalia and a thug attitude in general. Ignore that even his girlfriend admits they were both very racist towards whites, possibly even thinking he was homosexual as well. Ignore it all, just concentrate on being racist towards whites, they're bad. Ignore that protesters seem more interested in violence towards whites, robbing, vandalizing etc. Just see what we tell you to and feel guilty.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I am guessing that your ignore comments were directed towards the media, as I have not said anything to warrant them, and if so, I agree with you 100%.

My issue here is why wasn't anything ever said about the kid in NY that died in the same exact way? The cases are so similiar, but because it was a white kid, no on cares? EVERYONE should car when someone is gunned down without a weapon on them.

Now, I am not saying that Zimmerman was wrong, or Martin was wrong, but call a spade a spade, right? Why pick and choose?

<< 1  2   >>

join