It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think That the Mass Media May Be Trying to Rekindle Racial Tensions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

YES! This is what I was getting at. They have mastered it, and I think that we will be seeing more and more of things like this. Thank you for adding this.

edit on 16-7-2013 by MarshMallow_Snake because: Added a sentance

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by xuenchen

YES! This is what I was getting at. They have mastered it, and I think that we will be seeing more and more of things like this. Thank you for adding this.

edit on 16-7-2013 by MarshMallow_Snake because: Added a sentance

Yes indeed they have mastered the technique.

And as more and more people get wise to the gag, the more they have to pour it on to cover their boondoggles.

They are now at the 'cover our butts' stage of desperation.

They will stop at nothing to get to their way.

They seem to have a real snippy attitude problem too.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The media all around the world are into these divide and conquer tactics , instead of taking the road of bringin people together they are clearly making the racial differences a problem.

Their moral compass is totally broken.

Inform and Educate should be the main reason media exists , today it looks like they are destroying more then they are creating.

Because they seed us with bad things , about how next door mohammed could be a suicide bomber or hank is a F@%$cking communist.

They instill fear into people who then in turn will create a emotional wall towards other "different people"

While fact remains we are all the same , we breath the same air , have the same needs and have the same goals.

Imagine what the media would accomplish if they would take the road of inspiring the people to take their fate in their own hands in creating a society where all are accepted.

TheGreazel.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

I've just about concluded that this is all part of a pattern. My belief is that Gov't is trying to bait us into armed conflict--whether race war, civil war, or revolution, it all leads to the same conclusion: Martial Law and full revelation of the largest Police State the world has ever seen. The control grid is pretty much complete; all the EOs, Unconstitutional statutes, recent Supreme Court rulings--the whole purpose is to Rope-a-Dope us until we do something violent and stupid....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I was just saying the same thing to my coworker today. I really agree with you. We are headed for the police state. The planning is complete, but they are waiting for the perfect moment to execute the plan.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

When arn't they trying to bait racism in the MSM? The Zimmerman/Martin case had little to do with racism (the only possible racist element was the profiling on Zimmermans part, and the racist remarks by Martin. I think that coupled with the general race baiting nature of the MSM, it took off full force by the extremely racist attitude of blacks in this country. The cases the black population pick to rally behind are truly perplexing .. it does nothing to further their cause (quite the opposite actually).

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I agree, but I wouldn't attribute it to a grand conspiracy to divide races. The MSM just loves sensationalism because it brings in the viewers, thus money. So they will hype up any controversial issue and exploit it until there is nothing but a mess left of our society. So, we the people, are as much to blame as 'they' are, because we buy into the hype and give them what they most want, viewership, thus money from advertisers.

I forgot who said it, but it basically sums up this whole thing... "The MSM pushes story lines of rage and controversy, raising our nation's level of anxiety and fear, and then we are inundated by advertisments meant to calm us and offer solutions to our problems." If you think about it, the MSM has a love for the color red, flashing lights, and rapid interchanges between camera angles. All of this heightens our anxiety levels. Then advertisments love to use the colors of green, blue and yellow, and images that are all associated with happiness and relaxation. That is the real conspiracy here, its all about the money!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree that there is an effort to rekindle racial tension... having said that, I am very encouraged that for the most part the bait is still on the hook...

Sure we have seen minor incidents, but NOTHING like they hoped for...

That's a good thing..... perhaps more folks are still concerned about what our government is doing in violation of the Constitution ?

I hope so...

I applaud the folks in the US.. all established or invented colors of the rainbow, and their ability to ignore this BS attempt to have us at each others' throats...

Our collective focus should be on what OUR elected Gov't is doing to us...

Stock market at record HIGHS!!! How? Are you doing better? Is the economy better? employment opportunities better?

No reported inflation... yet I have as many of you, witnessed the price of a 1lb package of bacon go from around $2.. to today, ( I wanted to buy one) $6 and higher...

Really?!?

Who's buying this BS?

I don't, and I certainly won't buy this deflection with the tragic loss of a young man's life as was presented on ALL of the MSM channels...

I want justice in regards the IRS, Benghazi, Fast & Furious, and maybe toss in a bit of our elected failing to pass a budget for going on 5 years..

THis is the ULTIMATE diversion tool for the folks in charge.... I thank the majority of folks who have seen past this attempt to distract where real anger should be...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Funny you mention all of this. I watched this video last night, and it mentions pretty much everything you just did. This must be your video?

[url=http://t.co/2ipfzKTYFS]Storm Clouds Gathering YouTube Link[/url

And, I agree with you 100%. Another thought that I had while writing this, but did not include, was that our whole situation is like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... because the charade in front of you is what you should be focusing on.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I agree that some one is stirring up racial tension, But it is not the media.

It is our commander in chief and the D.O.J.. Why? Because it serves their purpose.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Wow, this is a very intelligent point. Regardless of whether or not the mainstream media are trying to rekindle racial tensions, it certainly seems like that's what they are doing to me.

Back in 2001, race was pretty much gone as a factor as far as I can tell, now being 2013, with the news media trying to go too far by turning a Hispanic into a racist white man - I think that made some people feel bitter towards the "liberal" agenda of equality. Some people still value honesty and accurate facts over agendas.

Anyway, your thread title made me laugh. It certainly seems that way to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Now they're interviewing members of the jury. If you've ever served on a jury, not all jury members will agree. So now those jury members who originally wanted to convict, will add fuel to the fire. The media and the government is clearly taking sides in this case. It's disgusting that the state prosecuting attorneys are ridiculing the verdict. They, more than anyone else, know how our system works. Verdicts are decided by a jury, and the prosecution along with the defense attorneys selected the jury members. They have no reason to attack the jury's verdict.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I bet if people were to do a study, and document the data on crimes like this, I bet it would become very apparent. Too bad I am not a doctoral student looking for something to write a thesis on. This would be a good choice.

very apparent indeed. the media is owned by some of the wealthiest people in the world, whom like our world to stay the same, with them in total control. when you cut all the flack from the picture it becomes very obvious what's happening in our world, they have the lions share of resources and we have crumbs to spread between 6.99 billion of ourselves and they wish more then anything to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I agree with you. The media is furiously stoking the racial fire. They want their headlines to the detriment of peace in this nation.

I'm editing to add that Obama and Holder are deliberately stirring the same pot. Holder is a snake. I don't for one minute believe him to be unbiased in this matter. He is a proven liar.
edit on 7/17/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Current media makes news, the media that some of grew up only reported news. It ends up being cheaper for them to make the news by reporting in such a way that it causes something else to happen so they can intern report on that as well.

I agree with many here that the media is also using this trial to avoid reporting on other topics. If you look at the news media, you’ll see lots of stories on the same topic and if you’re lucky it might at least be from a different point of view. During the trial I think I count at least 6 different stories going on it, now it’s the riots count at least 3 from one new outlet. It’s all just fluff to make it look like they’re reporting on something.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You know, you are right, yes, they want to keep racial tension as an issue, but they do this with everything... as long as there's an issue that they can swing provocation and 'political-correctness' into there will be public outcry and subsequently news sales increase and petty journalists are selfishly satisfied.

There may be some big bad boogy-man/men controlling things behind the shadows, but greed is always the forerunner, not intent.
I can't wait for the day that members of society, being honest in news reporting, out-number and strangle mainstream media; when local blogs, for instance, are more trustworthy, knowledgeable and unbiased than their feeble 'Fox-like' counterparts. (I dream too much)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I tried to make a better title, but I could not think of one. So this is what we got

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Agreed... it is a shame that wealth breeds power, but that is the way it goes. I wonder if it is like this on other planets if life does exist somewhere else? That would be interesting to see and study if it were different.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

...While Zimmerman was painted as a wannabe cop who took justice into his own hands....

This is the LAST thing the government and the establishment wants and is demonizing at every chance they get. ALONG with good ole racism fuel. Divide and conquer.

This kind of stuff is happening a lot in grade schools lately, where the hero is punished for taking matters in his own hands. They want us to be sheep and it's so damn obvious. Predictive programming and people totally fall for it.
edit on 17-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join