It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think That the Mass Media May Be Trying to Rekindle Racial Tensions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
**Disclaimer** This is a touchy subject, and I am, in no way, supporting violence or discrimination against anyone.

As we all know, George Zimmerman was found not guilty. Every social network feed is filled with people that are displeased with the verdict, which is fine, because people have a right to be pleased or displeased with the outcome of any trial. It is our right as citizens of this country. The verdict, is not my issue, and I will not be debating that any further.

My issue is, why was so much attention given to this case by the media in the first place? All you heard since it happened is how a young black man was eating skittles and walking home, when he was shot by George Zimmerman. The media jumped all over this and had a field day portraying Trayvon as a good kid that was murdered. While Zimmerman was painted as a wannabe cop who took justice into his own hands. (Please note, I am not debating if he was a good person or not. I did not know him, and I am just going by what I saw/heard/read in the media)

Now, this may be true, it may not be true. But, that is mainly how it had been reported to me through all of the sources that I came across. Heck, even the President and many celebrities chimed in saying the same. It was force fed to us every where we looked. You could not escape it… if you tried.

Why do I think it was this way? Simple. I think the media is trying to heighten racial tension to a point where they may be hoping for some sort of civil unrest. It all goes back to the ages old fact of racial discrimination that has plagued this country since day 1. Sadly, it will not disappear because the media will not let it.

Don't believe me? How many of you have heard of Christopher Cervini? Or, as noted Here on ATS, Joshua Chellew? These were white people that were killed by black people, but I never heard of either because the mass national media never picked up their stories. The strangest part about this, is that Christopher Cervini was killed in an almost identical way as Trayvon Martin. He was with friends, going through some cars at night (probably not the best decision) when Roderick Scott came out with a gun and shot him to death. Link Provided Did the media blast pictures of Chris all over every TV set in America in the most innocent looking way they could? Hardly. As I said, I never heard of it. Were there any calls for gun control when this happened from politicians like the President, or the Attorney General, or all the celebrities? Nope... none.

So why now? If this teenager (both were 17 by the way) was not worth all the fuss, then why was Trayvon? Well, this is the $1,000,000 question. And my answer is, I believe that Mass Media is trying to further divide us and turn us against each other. I believe that in order to achieve this they are playing on the tension that has been around the longest, which is against Black Americans. Think about how many nationally covered events that have been reported recently have been about hate crime or regular crimes against black people? Now, how many were against other races? You probably cannot recall as many, right?

Now, I may be way off base, but why else would the same exact case with a teen dying, and the black killer being acquitted not garner the same attention? It has to be that they want to focus on this. As we know, it is a sensitive subject and a lot of people still harbor a lot of anger (rightly so) because of what happened in the past. Does the media not want the candle to burn out? Do they want to keep these memories fresh in everyone’s minds so that people get mad? I think they do.

The only thing I can say, is just remember to do your own research before you believe what is put in front of you by the media. It is there for a reason. It is there to divide us... and it is working. Just check your twitter and facebook feeds. How many arguments have there been this week due to the verdict... and none of this occurred when the other people died.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

I think the media is trying to heighten racial tension to a point where they may be hoping for some sort of civil unrest.

IMO, they could care less about the race war. It's just about the bottom line and a lot of greenbacks. As soon as the next disaster come, the media will abandon this story and move on to the next one.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I believe they are. But wait, let's all play the game huh? Now they are asking abut other similar cases with "Will __insert name__ be the next T. Martin?"
edit on 16-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks for replying. I agree, I do not think that they will keep this story going. It will burn out eventually. I am saying that they are picking and choosing what they report on because they are looking to get a specific response or way of thinking from their audience.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Yeah, that is bound to happen. I am sure that with any future incident, we will, in some way, be reminded of this.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Personally I think the administration is pushing the MSM to harp on the whole Zimmerman case to take voter's minds off of the Affordable Care Act- amongst other things. Wouldn't want folks remembering stuff that ticked them off this close to mid-term elections! Let's keep them glued to meaningless drivel on CNN!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
let's hope this becomes even more obvious, but i'm unsure how it could. mass media does what mass media's owners want, nothing more and nothing less. aren't all business's run this way??????????

as usual, follow the money baby.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Isn't it funny how distractions always appear around important legislation?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Unless Zimmerman works for the IRS I am done thinking about it.

I think we are being distracted from the many Constitutional violations of our Government.

If I was in government....I would want to have this discussion as well.

It seems all of our discussions on race. Only seem to further divide us.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I Think That the Mass Media May Be Trying to Rekindle Racial Tensions

Really? What makes you think that?

Disclaimer; Didn't read OP as everything about this is a farce.

Let's look at it this way - Obama has ensured the black community is, what? 30% unemployed? Young black men are probably 50% unemployed. This trial ended just in time for the dog days of Summer. To foment this episode and turn it into a barn burner, is the plan. They are fanning the flames - the Feds and the MSM - to make it worse for a reason. I don't think we're going to like the reason.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Personally I think the administration is pushing the MSM to harp on the whole Zimmerman case to take voter's minds off of the Affordable Care Act- amongst other things. Wouldn't want folks remembering stuff that ticked them off this close to mid-term elections! Let's keep them glued to meaningless drivel on CNN!

That isn't until November of 2014.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A divided nation is easiest to conquer.

The media is responsible for the misinformation that has been spread. Strictly, agenda driven.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

True, but campaigning will start this year, fundraising has already started, not to mention if the DOJ decides to bring Zimmerman into Federal court over imagined "rights violations" we will be bombarded with it on every news station for months- maybe even a year or better!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree with you. I was reading the second book by professional wrestler Chris Jericho. After the murder-suicide by Chris Benoit he quickly became this evil individual who the media expressed as this psychotic maniac. The government came after WWE. However, in the book when another terrible event happened they quickly went away.

The media has became an entity of its own. Whether it would be political, social, etc. The more popular and richer the better they can reach their target audience to influence them.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I bet if people were to do a study, and document the data on crimes like this, I bet it would become very apparent. Too bad I am not a doctoral student looking for something to write a thesis on. This would be a good choice.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I remember that about Benoit. He was portrayed badly after he died. I always thought he was intense, but I never got the picture of him the way they were trying to paint him after he died.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Why wouldn't you read the post? Seriously, take a few minutes just to read it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The majority of people do not know anything about professional wrestling. Whether you're a fan or have had a relationship with Benoit. You would understand him better because he was passionate about wrestling. Chris Jericho had a great relationship with him and does agree with the fans that what he did to his family was wrong.

But the media doesn't care about constructive criticism and anything reasonable. The terrible event was enough to transform Chris Benoit as a maniac who was seconds to exploding. Completely making professional wrestling as a whole as this factory of performers who are suicidal by hitting themselves with chairs, taking drugs, etc. I wouldn't doubt there is a lot of problems. A lot of people take it so far out of context it's hard to be reasonable.

When something unrelated terrible happened the media quickly went away and the next story became popular. The case with Zimmerman was a highly controversial media circus like the Casey Anthony case. Unlike her case when she was found not guilty of not killing her daughter no one rioted but felt it was the wrong move. A lot of people soon forgot about it when the next popular story happened. It would be the same with this incident. People are upset and small riots and other incidents had happened. But would calm down soon because the next story would happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I can't stop stressing this but divide and conquer is their motto. The more we're on their ass, the more they will try to divide us so we fight each other instead of us against them. It's been used in many countries and the amount of coverage this story gets is proof of that. They're using it against us. Don't get caught, stop posting facebook status or creating new threads about this, it only weakens us all. Whatever the outcome is, whether you're black or white or hispanic, getting mad at this outcome is what they expect of you and don't be surprise when they start pushing more laws based on the violence they're fueling.

Zimmerman might be full of #, whatever. He has been declared not guilty. I agree that it brings emotion into groups that have historically been persecuted but we need to be stronger than this. Whatever opinion people have on this case, the outcome won't change. Violence will only help them and their agenda.
edit on 16-7-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The media got caught doctoring up photos and publishing lie after lie.

Now just look at CNN the last 2 days with their selective interviews and leading questions.

The government got caught with their involvements.

All of it is/was racial targeting.

I wonder what they are so proud of anyway ?

The problem is that too many people are buying into the cheap rhetoric.

People need to focus on the real problems like government corruption out of control.

We are all victims now.

It all trails back to the current political agendas.

They're covering up something big this time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join