It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings’ Ashes Sent Home for Burial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

You know, you're right.

Totally right, I apologize.

Let me go find those papers with little scribbles that the Po made up to please the bureaucrats because they're cops and that is what COPS DO.

I'll brb with a side of unicorn steak and a glass of dragons tears as well...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

But unfortunately police lie about evidence all the time.

it's not a coverup, honest! the police..err.....just decided to lie about evidence.

talk about mincing words! you wish to reject facts because "police lie", then be able to claim that it definitely wasn't a coverup.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Occams razor. Which is more likely?

In this situation, I think man scared of own shadow seems pretty obvious. Mix that with driving and you have a dangerous combination.

Americans are #ty drivers at the BEST of times.

Cover up? Possibly, for inept police procedure. For assassination and creation of a martyr during a critical point in public perception? Unlikely, unless it was by some pissed off Ecuadorians with a bone to pick.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Occams razor. Which is more likely?

that isn't what occam's razor means. people parrot "which is more likely?" without knowing what occam's razor actually says.

when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better.

math.ucr.edu...

i find a government that has pursued the ability to kill it's own citizens without trial is likely to kill it's own citizens without trial.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I find that the timing in such matters brings too much attention to the Government; it creates a path of more resistance.

I view resistance in any node to be close enough to the idea of something being "likely" to use them interchangeably.... if only to be understood by teenagers who are brainwashed 9 different was to next Sunday.

If the USA wanted to make someone shut up, they'd try to DISCREDIT them before making them VANISH or DIE.

We have heart attack guns.

Poisons.

Mind altering drugs.

A car crash is like someone with a scalpel deciding to use a chain saw for brain surgery.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

A car crash is like someone with a scalpel deciding to use a chain saw for brain surgery.

or is it that car crashes are a frequent occurrence, and can easily be blamed on drugs or alcohol?

the effect of this would be twofold. the first would eliminate hastings, the second would discredit his work.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Um....

I don't follow your logic.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by add alone

According to SSgt. Biggs, “Michael Hastings’ body was returned to Vermont in an urn.” He further alleged, “Family members did not want Michael’s body cremated.”

It now would seem that Biggs feels misquoted:

and a longer exchange from SSG Joe Biggs twitter status

While I am here may I draw your attention to a related topic?

A CONDENSED Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events (scroll down for v. 3.3 with pics & links)

May 20 - Hastings states on TV: "...government, 'we declare war on you...'

May 20 - Snowden arrives in Hong Kong with 4 laptops giving him access to top-classified US secrets

Jun 5 - Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Jun 7 - Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 8 - "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 9 - Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 12 - Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 17 - Snowden: "Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."

Jun 17 - Hastings mails a friend: "I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit"

Jun 18 - Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 18 - Michael Hastings dies disappears in car accident

A Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events v. 3.3

May 20 - Hastings states on TV: "...government, 'we declare war on you'..."

May 20 - Snowden arrives in Hong Kong with 4 laptops giving him access to top-classified US secrets

Jun 5 - Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Jun 7 - Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 8 - "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 9 - Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 12 - Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 17 - Snowden: "Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."

Jun 17 - Hastings mails a friend: "I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit"

Jun 18 - Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 18 - Michael Hastings dies disappears in car accident

edit on 17-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You seem so sure of all of your theoretical information and very determined to convince everyone in the thread that your opinion is the correct one while denying there is anything out of the ordinary about this case.

There are too many inconsistencies to count with this story.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have money on the fact the car was impounded then dismantled and the components melted down already being used for other machines.

If you are going to cover something up you want to do it with all the pieces, I suspect his wife and lawyer are in great danger.

But for the unmotivated out there.

Corruption in the ranks of politics is a COMMON practice why do you think so many politicians and Lawyers are Imprisoned or disbarred for either taking bribes or CONSPIRING with other Humans in secret.

cor·rup·tion
/kəˈrəpSHən/
Noun

Dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
The action of making someone or something morally depraved or the state of being so.

For something as overarching as a 100% surveillance scheme you need to destroy all your pawns before the surfs realize only to rise up with the Rogue mentality and take the power back.

Hell people Rise up against there oppressors for much much much less than this, Look at Egypt after deposing some leaders a Fascist Theocracy takes power and before they can enact any radically harmful laws to do with Racially motivated hate and Violence as is kin to all Religious-Political entities The people removed them citing them as insane without too much bloodshed but sometimes people come to ahead and they have to clear the air while I do not condone violence sometimes it can be an extremely useful tool and the establishments and Royalty of the world is very very aware of this.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Gestas because: Fight the power

edit on 17-7-2013 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by VisualQuanta

Perhaps you should look at my other posts and theoretical information before you think that I'm inaccurate or imprecise (:

At any rate, I'm aware that the more that I try to be logical, the less you will listen to me.

I respect your opinions, but ask yourself this: Do you really WANT to be right about this one? There is a lot at stake right now, and being so set on creating a power vacuum is a very bad idea.

Many of us worry about the NWO and some tyrannical government, but look at what happened with Egypt.

We are MUCH better off than Egypt, and much LARGER as well. Something to reflect on.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

it's quite clear.

your supposition is that a car crash wouldn't be the ideal way to get rid of hastings. you think that since discrediting him is the "better" option, that it is more likely to have occurred.

i pointed out that car crashes happen often, therefore they don't seem suspicious to most people. notice how the news took a few days to pick up on it, and only passively mentioned it. it isn't in the news anymore and not many are discussing it. also, what better way to discredit him than have the toxicology come back that he was on drugs? the body is gone now, and the samples taken are likely the only samples in existence.

therefore a car crash assassination with a toxicology reporting he was on drugs that caused the crash and his government paranoia (if it comes back i'm sure the news will have an aside on the toxicology pointing to drugs, and how it influenced his journalism) both discredits his writings AND makes sure he won't write again.

do you follow that?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Yes, I do.

However, lets take a look at Alex Jones.

If we're assassinating people who are basically dissidents, why are all of those other sources of dissension up and running?

I should note that what I'm referring to is the game theory for subverter/TA.
edit on 17-7-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
The car did that...

"OMG! THE BODY WAS CREMATED!"

Yah, cuz the guys body was in a TINY METAL INFERNO OF DOOM!

Honestly, what did you all expect? For him to be miraculously fireproof?

No, we might expect you to school yourself on both car fires and cremations though.

Crematories are designed with a specific purpose in mind, to reduce a body to ashes. They are engineered to do that. Car fires do not accomplish that task.
Did you look at the car? It still has seats in it. How long did that car burn?
Human bodies are mostly water. The evaporation of that water during the combustion process cools the body and slows the rate of combustion. Try to burn a steak to ashes in a fire, you will appreciate how much energy it takes to do it.
It takes time to perform a cremation in a crematory. Over two hours in a piece of equipment that is designed to do it completely and as quickly as possible.
I have witnessed cremations and am familiar with their operation.

The car fire did not reduce Hastings body to ashes. It would be virtually impossible.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Okay, go stick your hand in a fire for an hour or however long he was in the car and report back whether or not you have any fingers left.

If you do, try and check your finger prints for accuracy.

If you'd rather not do that, go to a butcher, butcher guy, buy a similarly sized animal appendage, and try the experiment.

I've got a better idea, call up the local police officers in your area, or the EMT, and ask them what happens to a body in this situation.

I'm fairly certain that depending on air flow, most of the limbs will have the ends missing, and the core will be cooked through. Not to mention that ALL OF YOUR SKIN AND OUTER MUSCLE WOULD BE BURNED OFF.

Was Micheal Hastings an obese guy? Not really, so his internal organs wouldn't have had as much protection either. Make sure to ask the EMT about that.

Besides look at the picture of that car on fire, the flames are coming way outside the windows, that doesn't look very encouraging.

All of the information I've dealt with for injuries and driver psychology is taught in basic drivers ed.
edit on 17-7-2013 by teachtaire because: drivers ed.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

You alluded to a body being reduced to ashes in a car fire, it doesn't happen.

You say 'however long' he was in that burning car. Did you see the seats in the car after the fire was extinguished?
I noticed that you skipped over that one.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The more relevant the matter, the more serious the handling of potential traitor.
Whoever dares to infringe the omerta, is gonna pay with an accident - old routine.

The ways this guy expired and got discarded suggests he was taking on someone with far reaching influence - at least sufficently involved in the administration to affect the proceedings.
I wonder, is this the point where investigative reporters in the US become a "species under high extinctional pressure", as in many states in which "good allies" of the US are in power?

Whatever, this guys fate should function as a warning to other would-be whistle-blowers.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DerUtho

Use a horse because they're less combustible?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Wow.Considering this guy had next of kin to be asked for their wishes concerning his internment sounds completley criminal to me.But I personelly dont see cause for an assasination.But of course the unauthorized cremation does make me wonder.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The body of Mr Hastings may not have even been in the car, lets be serious here if the cia where hunting him down they want info first I think its a staged accident and he has been taken off the radar and tortured for all relevant snowden information , I dont buy the whole "he had a big story coming out" party line I think his last story re US gov spying story caught the attention of mr snowden and then these two made plans
.if only we could view the prism data

there probably not even his ashes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join