It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings’ Ashes Sent Home for Burial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

you already made your point, now into full on speculation mode with what happened. maybe give it a rest?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Just my opinion, I'm not trained for this kind of stuff.

Of all the information you have provided, this is the only statement grounded in hard reality!

It takes time to incinerate a body. Car fires do not burn for a long time in this situation. The fire brigade put it out. They had a usable body to do the autopsy.

Hell, the authorities almost seem to want to create these conspiracy cases.

"Hey Joe, let's cremate the remains, think of how much that will annoy the CTs."

P

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The family should have the ashes examined and tested.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sittingbulls

Not the ashes, the bone fragments.

and I don't mean to speculate, those are merely what kinds of injuries are found.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by add alone

If he had a will that said he wanted to be cremated, his family would have no say in the matter. Thats just how it works.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by raifordko
reply to post by add alone

If he had a will that said he wanted to be cremated, his family would have no say in the matter. Thats just how it works.

Even then, a cremation typically is paid for and executed by the family as part of a funeral service. So what should've gone down, even if it was stated in his will that he wished to be cremated, was his remains delivered, and a service would be held where the completion would be the cremation. The state will cremate a body in certain situations such as the next of kin being unable to pay for the funeral services and/or transportation costs, which is obviously not the case here, or if the body is unclaimed over a certain period of time and doesn't go to a med school. So, it's highly unusual that the state would cremate a claimed body with next of kin both willing and able to pay for the transport and cremation because it's all about offsetting costs. Transportation and funeral service fees, including cremation, are generally the responsibility of the next of kin. Even if Hastings' will had requested cremation, the state still wouldn't have normally done it because that costs them $$$. It also deprives the next of kin of what is typically a ceremony that produces some amount of closure. Kind of hope they sue.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Nope, he more than likely had a fund or some type of insurance for the event of such a situation, as well as a lawyer who can handle everything for him post mortem. The fact he was cremated without his families consent is the weakest argument one could use to prove foul play.

Edit: For example, I have life insurance that will handle my cremation costs within 24 hours of my death. They also have my will as well as legal services to assist my wife with any issues. Also, when my father died they cremated him per his will, and I paid AFTER, not before.

And again, if he had it in his will to be cremated, and the police ruled no foul play, then the mortuary can go ahead and cremate him. His family has no say in the matter.
edit on 16-7-2013 by raifordko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Maybe they messed the body up.

I bet you they had the new guy working that day.... read the wrong number on the list, took a look, and said "Well, gee, this HAS to be the one, it's already half-done."

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire

I'm going off of what I've seen of car crash victims who were burned and that scene in star wars where the bodies of Aunt Em and Uncle whoever were left burned to a crisp after the stormtroopers.

What with your best judgement and opinions based on some of the finest Hollywood has to offer, it is hard to argue against that.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
So they do an autopsy, then cremate the body, without permission from the family, and before the results of the autopsy come back. Seems legit.

On the other hand, doing the autopsy behind closed doors, then cremating the body before anyone else gets a chance to check it out sure does stop any chances of "approved" findings to be disputed.

Bodies are not cremated without expressed consent by the will, or the family of a person. This screams cover up and it should be interesting to see if anything comes of it. I doubt it will though, the LAPD seems to be keeping this one under wraps, which gives them ample time to re-write the report however they want, with no opportunity for anyone to question any of the findings. Mighty convenient.

DC

THIS!

And how on earth could they do an autopsy on a real pile of ashes?
edit on 16-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You started off on the right track but quickly turned to speculation. You are making far too many generalizations. The cremation point is a solid one that is backed up by common sense but without being there how can you conclude that the autopsy of a burned body is as impossible as you make it out to be? If you have any information into that point I'd like to be educated on it.

Without knowing this man how can you come to the conclusion that he took mind altering substances? Does he have a history of substance abuse that you can share? If what has been said is true then he should have had a certain level of paranoia but I don't think it would have led him to push peddle to floor and hit a tree when his family and close friends have commented on the fact that he drove like a grandmother. Slow and steady. It seems you're on the side of real accident. The one thing I have never seen explained, however, is how his engine flew out of his car after hitting a tree head on. That's a new one to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
well we all know that cremation can cover up almost anything, gun shot wounds, poisons, or anything else for that matter.

let me ask a question, who identified the body? did any of the family ever see the body? could this possibly be a cover up in another way, as well as hiding cause of death or anything else it could completely hide the identity of the body. could it even NOT BE Michael Hastings? i doubt you could for example get a DNA test done on ashes.
could Michael Hastings actually be detained somewhere? as he is "officially dead" who would know. they could hold him forever, torture him, whatever since he would not be missed. they would have all the time in the world to get any information out of him they want, and not ever have to worry about any methods used to extract it.

kinda wish we could examine the car. why do i suspect it has already been destroyed. did anyone actually see Michael Hastings in the car? did anyone actually see a body removed from the wreck? questions, questions

could the family sue the heck out of them over this? i mean cremating a body without permission of the family is a VERY BIG NO NO.

If it was NOT him... hopefully his cop friend got him in some sort of 'witness protection program' where his entire identity is changed and he is safe. We'll never know (probably.)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What I find oddly convenient about this is that:

A cremated body can't be used to find bullet holes, blunt force trauma, or any devices planted on the body.

Dorner (remember him? Remember him trying to surrender to the Feds, then having the LACSD driving him back into a burning building under fire) burned to death.

Was Hastings investigating the same issue that Dorner claimed to have investigated? If there is a connection between the two, then it would seem to have something to do with LA County and those who keep watch on it. On the other hand maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So they should have used superglue and gelatin to put the ashes back together?

Man dies in house fire after getting drunk and forgetting stove on.

Conspirazees! Teh gubbmint!

More like cause and effect: die in fire, get burned like a marshmallow.

Burning in a fire does not always instantly mean you burn to a point of pure ash.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The car did that...

"OMG! THE BODY WAS CREMATED!"

Yah, cuz the guys body was in a TINY METAL INFERNO OF DOOM!

Honestly, what did you all expect? For him to be miraculously fireproof?

What if the government wanted people to look the other way how could they do that? It think the best way would be to pay people to sign up and post crap posts that try and deflect and spin the facts. They would tend to be newer members and only post for a short period of time because people would catch on.

Readers and ATS members ask yourself have you seen this before? I believe we see it everyday on ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosce

Well, like I said I DON'T know.

But examining my posts, you'll notice that I advocated looking for footage of traffic, and made generalizations and logical leaps. Sorry about that, I'll rephrase:

If a man drives like a grandma, that pisses people off. Especially if it is late and they're the type to be prone to road rage. So my GUESS is that a man who was speeding came up behind Mr. Hastings and was following him to closely. IF THAT DID HAPPEN, it would be logical to ASSUME (yes, another leap
) that Mr. Hastings MAY treat that as a psychological trigger (a psychodynamic trigger,) because he takes it as a sign of him being followed by the "bad guys" (this is a paredoilc instance? I may be using that word wrong, sorry) causing him to break his normal routine and speed (which he presumably isn't used to doing.)

When you're going through STRESS, REAL STRESS, of being in fear of your life, you're apt to act differently and/or illogically. It isn't wholly unimaginable to believe that this MAY have occurred, instead of Archer blowing him up with spy weapons.

In order to PROVE this, footage from the traffic would be need to correlate who was where and when, and what their previous driving records were. Assuming a list of 200-300 individuals can be made, each could be interviewed. Realistically, that list is a bit overkill, but I'm fond of longer lists so you're able to correlate more data.

I find the most likely situation is that of aggressive driver freaks out (usually,) defensive driver M. Hastings, causing him to freak out and crash.

So, I guess the drugs don't really fit in anywhere with that overly simple generalization of human behavior, besides the fact that most people who withhold information from their wives because they're so freaked out may drink a beer or two to take of the edge. Not enough to make you unable to drive, but enough to alter the reflexes and decision making process when one is under the influence of a HARD psychological trigger with the "fight or flight" instinct activated.

I'm not saying this is the truth, just my guess.

*EDIT* To those who don't think he was burned to a crisp, you're right.

Sorry guys, the truth is pretty brutal. It is difficult to actually do an autopsy on something like that. CSI and all those investigation shows are a load of BS.
edit on 16-7-2013 by teachtaire because: further information

edit on 17-7-2013 by teachtaire because: wrong image

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

The car did that...

What if the government wanted people to look the other way how could they do that? It think the best way would be to pay people to sign up and post crap posts that try and deflect and spin the facts. They would tend to be newer members and only post for a short period of time because people would catch on.

Readers and ATS members ask yourself have you seen this before? I believe we see it everyday on ATS.

Yeah, too bad I'm unemployed due to there being more at least 3X more people than there are jobs where I live.

No joke, times is rough, but I'm not a shill. Shills don't talk about psychodynamic triggers and non-linear relationships in response cycles. Or CKY-parsing for that matter.

*edit* yes, obviously I'm some super secret agent, who gets paid to waste time on ATS and jerk off all day.
edit on 17-7-2013 by teachtaire because: of course I'm james bond and trying to spy on you, because you are the center of the universe, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The car did that...

Sounds like someone has never seen a burnt corpse; 4th and 5th degree burns are when the subject dies, they are not totally reduced to ash like in a crematorium.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

That pic is not Hastings. It may not even be a car accident. Stop generalizing please. Try using facts!

P

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I have gotten to the point that is it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck it just might be a duck. I see this in many threads new posters jump in and try to spin or undermine the thread right off the bat.

You might very well be legit but like I said if it walks like a duck.........

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join