It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury: Debt Has Been Exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00 for 56 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
According to this story, the U.S. Treasury has been reporting the debt amount is the same for the past few months.

This raises questions because the government has been actively selling bonds and printing money and spending money and redeeming bonds and notes against the debt.

Perhaps we are seeing some creative accounting ?

Perhaps there's a cover-up in progress ?

The Treasury Dept may be hiding something ?
Congress may be avoiding something ?

Hmmm. Are we 'on the brink' so to speak ?

Maybe it's all due to those 'debts' that aren't 'counted' against the debt limit ?

Very Suspicious Indeed.

According to the Daily Treasury Statement for July 12, which the U.S. Treasury released this afternoon, the federal debt that is currently subject to a legal limit of $16,699,421,095,673.60 has stood at exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00 for 56 straight days.

That means that for 56 straight days the federal debt has remained approximately $25 million below the legal limit.

Even though the portion of the federal debt that is subject to a legal limit has not changed in almost two months, the Treasury has continued to sell bills, notes and bonds at a value that exceeds the value of the bills, notes and bonds it has been redeeming.

Treasury: Debt Has Been Exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00 for 56 Days

Are We Being Hoodwinked Again ?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
America is so backwards I dont even get it. Why the rest of the world allows this nonsense is beyond me.

It's like America is the only country where they can just make their own money and spend it however they want.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Are We Being Hoodwinked Again ?

Yeah because it is all the above government are masters of 'fuzzy math'.

Like you gotta spend money to make money axiom if your money is fiat your really not spending anything

And they also get to stall the treasury debt for 2 months.
edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I guess the U.S. Treasury has given up counting since there are not enough assets or money combined for the government to pay the debt.
edit on 16-7-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well I did it again I see !!

Close it up please.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't know if this is true or not, but I read I read it online, so it MUST be factual
I read a while back that we were selling off land to other countries for military bases, developments, etc...... Maybe were finally starting to get paid for all that? Or, maybe they had all of their federal treasury accountants go on a 60 day vacation?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You know how to get the yoke of them off our neck right?

Spend ALL their money, tell them to go F themselves as we can't pay. They're screwed then as they have no $, they have military and we have all the stuff we wanted w/o being enslaved to the generational debt holders.

Would re-set the world and end global serfdom.

Our feudal banker overlords have based debt on debt on debt for years. Take all their "money", say we blew it on pogs and bubblegum, tell them to get bent, and when they need money we can lend their money back to them at a rate that makes that Western Sky's rate seem LOW.

How many times has the "investment" banking world rammed it in dry to us?

Derek

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I always wondered why people are in shock from the total debt. A more revealing question would be, "What is the interest rate we are being charged for our debt?"

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
Why the rest of the world allows this nonsense is beyond me.

Nuclear weapons and the capacity to actually use them.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
America is so backwards I dont even get it. Why the rest of the world allows this nonsense is beyond me.

It's like America is the only country where they can just make their own money and spend it however they want.

they can do that because all oil trade must be in us dollars. Want to buy oil, you need to trade your own currency for it which in turn can be used for trade.

new topics

top topics

join