It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race. We must talk about it, but we can't. Help, please?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by firemonkey

For what its worth, I claim to not be racist. And I hope that people disagree with me.

I am sick of that stupid game and stopped playing it a few years ago. I hear it thrown around as the insult du jour and it just makes me ashamed to be from this culture.

The word "racist" has become a fan for a fire that should not be burning.

So in your opinion, the problem are people who actually stand up and call out racists...not the racist people themselves.

Do you deny there are racist in our country? Why should we not call them out?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There will never be quality among race, as long as they are willing to still segregate. If people want equality then they are better fighting for humans rights as whole, not as an individual race. Also stereotypes don't help at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Anybody remember these jokers? Back in the 90s in new jersey some people would LOVE to play minority and look kool. I actually listened to rap for a while and then outgrew it. I have no bad feelings for anyone. We are all humans afterall.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by seabag

How does the Marine Corps take a huge diverse group of people with varying backgrounds from across the country, put them all together and not have racial tensions?

a new, elite group. the few and the proud...that could describe very similarly how some feel about their race.

there is no tension between groups because there is only one group.

people can be united under a goal, or shown that the dividers aren't real. different paths with the same result.

Some of the biggest racist I know are ex-Marines.

Sure, they have some black or Mexican friends...but they have an excuse for that...."that guy isn't a "real" Mexican" or "that guy doesn't act black".

I'm just floored that people are suggesting that the military is some harmonious group where racism doesn't exist.

So besides white people claiming that they are the true victims, the other problem with race relations are people who deny that there is a problem at all...or those that claim the only ones that cause a problem with race relations are blacks.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hahah... very true with the construction site analogy! In that since, I don't see that as discrimination however. But to think that one shouldn't be hired because they seem to be "ghetto" is another story. I'll give them a chance... if it doesn't work out, that's what a probationary period is for. If your qualifications fit, you seem to write effectively, but the word "well" sounds like weww, I'd likely give you a chance. Or you say "I developed dat enitia program. I ha skills" and your argument is convincing during an interview, I'd call your boss and get his recommendation on "yo skills". I just feel it's a different culture and I can embrace that this guy is sitting with me promoting himself to make a change, get a promotion, or whatever his goals. This guy is trying to grow, and I support it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just get along with all people ard presto your not a racist..The bias media is brainwashing everyone.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

I had no problem hiring them either, I hired a few people that were ex cons that couldn't get a good job, but I felt were sincere in their effort to rid themselves of that life. There is another group that is highly discriminated against, and it don't really matter what race they happen to be.
edit on Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:46:03 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

oh i remember them from this!

i must've seen this movie over 100 times because my kids loved the teenage mutant ninja turtles and we had the movie on vhs. lol

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by kimish

reply to post by Bob Sholtz

How does the Marine Corps take a huge diverse group of people with varying backgrounds from across the country, put them all together and not have racial tensions? The only thing I can come up with is discipline, personal responsibility and our shared goals. These are all things that are lacking in society. We can’t force people to unite.

I would say that everyone is pretty much treated equally is a bigger factor than the discipline. Granted, discipline is still a factor.

For the most part that's true. We were treated a certain way based on rank rather than race or other factors.

Are you suggesting that people in America aren't treated equally? There are no laws that favor one race over another. If there is unequal treatment it's done by individuals, not the country.

edit on 17-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

People in America are not treated equally. And as you said, this is the effect of the individual. However:

An individual can affect how few think. Few can then shed thoughts on many. Many can shed thoughts on a comminuty. And so on. Then whem many people feel the effects of these thoughts by many individuals, it creates a cultural divide. Association of these spearate comminty, and locality actions spread and more of the unprivlidged feel those effects. The same way a few bad cops make the entire department look bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by firemonkey

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

For what its worth, I claim to not be racist. And I hope that people disagree with me.

I am sick of that stupid game and stopped playing it a few years ago. I hear it thrown around as the insult du jour and it just makes me ashamed to be from this culture.

The word "racist" has become a fan for a fire that should not be burning.

So in your opinion, the problem are people who actually stand up and call out racists...not the racist people themselves.

Do you deny there are racist in our country? Why should we not call them out?

Because you validate them by responding.

Same with a troll. People who truly are racist are just real life trolls. Quit feeding them. Because it has not turned around. People who are not acting racist are called "racists", too. The fires still burn. And the true racists are vindicated in their beliefs of superiority.

Supporting stereotypes and feeding the trolls....that is all it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I don't hang around with black people who "act black".

I have a Nigerian man sitting outside my office. I am proud to call him friend.

It isn't the skin color, it is the behaviors.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
reply to post by TKDRL

Hahah... very true with the construction site analogy! In that since, I don't see that as discrimination however. But to think that one shouldn't be hired because they seem to be "ghetto" is another story. I'll give them a chance... if it doesn't work out, that's what a probationary period is for. If your qualifications fit, you seem to write effectively, but the word "well" sounds like weww, I'd likely give you a chance. Or you say "I developed dat enitia program. I ha skills" and your argument is convincing during an interview, I'd call your boss and get his recommendation on "yo skills". I just feel it's a different culture and I can embrace that this guy is sitting with me promoting himself to make a change, get a promotion, or whatever his goals. This guy is trying to grow, and I support it.

I am not saying it can't happen, but I have never seen someone talk like that who had redeemable skills in an office setting.

I am all about people with real skills utilizing those skills. But I just haven't seen what you are postulating above.

Then again, with less than 4% blacks in my community, that may not be surprising.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

well i happen to know first hand, from having lived in a place that was like the seat of kkk for whole southern half of michigan, that there are extremely racist white people. i am also aware that there are extremely racist black people. the difference between these two groups is, you are more than willing to acknowledge that one of them is treated in a discriminatory fashion but not the other, even after having witnessed several examples. you are in some kind of blue funk brainwash land.
edit on 17-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Being anti-black is kinda old though. Its more popular being anti-jewish or anti-muslim lately. I wonder why Obama doesnt play the anti-jewish card more often. Could be he gets lots of campaign donations so its easier to pick on the "mouthbreathers" to bring back old school memories and start MLK style riots.

Sorry I just feel a bit weird today. Please excuse my bad behavior...

edit on 17/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
you know how they handle cries of racism and discrimination in south africa?
while the graveyards fill up with white folks, particularly white farmers who have been murdered (the most dangerous occupation in the world right now is to be a white farmer in south africa), they are told by the politicians (mostly black, btw), that there's no evidence that it has anything to do with discrimination or racism.

is it some kind of brainwashing?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Kardashians & Honey Boo Boo ?

Too many racial undertones in those shows. I prefer Duck Dynasty.

You know how I know nothing will change? Because we still have a ton of people trying to legislate equality and claiming we don't have equality. If everyone would just shut the hell up and stop looking for excuses for failure we might have a chance.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wow, I find that really hard to believe. Is that translation accurate?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I asked that same question,
An alien invasion

I hope not!!

I figured we could unite behind saving our country from TPTB and their banking cartels but apparently even that is divisive.

Like I said….there is no solution beyond everyone taking personal responsibility for their own actions.

edit on 17-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Wait a minute. Now are you saying the government IS EVIL

How can that possibly be?????? We are NOT SUPPOSED to talk about this, this thread is ABOUT RACE, now stick to the topic please.

(laughing hysterically)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As I read this thread that was well articulated by Charles. As of this week, I have joined in on several of these threads. Coincidentally, all of them went the route that this thread is currently taking, this does not constitute a failure or a negative thread. As part of the younger generation here on ATS, I'm only 30 and growing up in the early 80's I have felt racisim because I am of mixed race, people honestly mistake me for mexican when my other half is pacific islander, I guess it doesn't help I have my head shaved...
Off the point, my apologies.

I've felt racisim from caucasions african American's, Mexicans, Asian's (not so much asians though as if you look at my eyes you can tell I have Islander in me... And my skin tone is a pretty Olive Brown) There is no distinguishing Racists. Sure, we have secluded areas in America where it is more rampant. However, it's my understanding through travelling this country from coast to coast and everywhere inbetween that these secluded societies are a dying breed. Majority of the most racist area's i've travelled are delapidated, no business towns that are on the brink of falling off the map.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by undo

Wow, I find that really hard to believe. Is that translation accurate?

yeah. : /

here's a video of evidence but i warn you, it is extremely grotesque
and i do mean extremely. you have been warned
[link to gore removed]
edit on 7/17/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: link to video gore removed

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join