It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder wades deeper into Zimmerman battle, calls for review of ‘stand-your-ground’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

Quite the point that the defense team took when they waived "Stand Your Ground" and just went to basic self-defense. Why make it harder to show your innocence with a law that has hoops one must jump through when self-defense is a basic and natural right.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That information is classified by the individual states as their jurisdiction DOJ has no legal authority to intervene,they know it and they are just putting on a nice show for their viewing audience,hell they are asking for scripts.

edit on 17-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: misspoke

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't think the T&C allows me to properly reply to this thread.

Madness, all across the land............

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

9-11, and the police or government is suppose to come save you.

And there's no guarantee of that either. I once witnessed a group of about 4 teens kick in the window of the neighbors basement and when it was discovered that there was a grill that would further keep them out, they looked at my home and said "what about this one". I happened to be walking from the corner store with my 3 year old at the time. I was scared and rushed into the house and called the cops. They never showed. I found out later that a lot of calls had been made by people in the house and somehow the cops never took it seriously.
The DOJ is too corrupt and full of agendas to take seriously. It's more like a Banana Republic.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That particular piece of demagoguery nearly cost me a TV, too...

I grow increasingly tired of "daddy knows best" attitudes coming out of this administration.

It's time for the "loyal opposition" to grow a set, and call these people out.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

That about covers it, I think...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

You just don't seem to understand. The Stand Your Ground defense was not used in the trial. The jury followed the law, and they found him not guilty. Now the DOJ wants people to come up with reasons why Z was violating some civil rights. This amounts to some kind of Gestapo like witch hunt. The prosecution helped picked the jury and now they don't like the outcome.
It seems as though this administration doesn't want American citizens to have any self-defense and people with personal bias seem to want to rid themselves of the right to self defense. Is this some kind of bizarre Stockholm Syndrome where the citizens demand the State take away all their rights?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Its like one thing after another after another with this Administration. Then they put on a dog and pony show and distract the masses and nothing ever come of it.

It seems like it never changes...

I'm just worried about their endgame.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join